Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Blazers
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: DAL (21-19) @ POR (25-16) | 119-125 loss
Mavs just giving up on this game based on those last 2 possessions. Relying on JRich trying to create
Like Reply
Game over. Dallas went cold from 3 at the worst time.
Like Reply
Shooting was too good to last forever
Like Reply
So glad we are feeding our role players and letting our max player sit in the corner doing nothing....that's just freakin genius.   Freakin genius...and that was BY DESIGN.

I'm so glad we are all pissed at KP for whatever reason and we cant even find him in the last 3-4 minutes.  Lord knows I certainly would rather the no -pressure players take all the shots,

Great....so glad our coaching staff and our coahces on the floor made such great decisions,...there's your loss. 

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTTS, STOP PLAYING MEAN GIRLS ON THE FLOOR AND PLAY THE DANG GAME RIGHT.   MY GOODNES!!!!!  Do you ENJOY losing and playing the games with one of your hand tied behind your back?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:15 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: So glad we are feeding our role players and letting our max player sit in the corner doing nothing....that's just freakin genius.   Freakin genius...and that was BY DESIGN.

I'm so glad we are all pissed at KP for whatever reason and we cant even find him in the last 3-4 minutes.  Lord knows I certainly would rather the no -pressure players take all the shots,

Great....so glad our coaching staff and our coahces on the floor made such great decisions,...there's your loss. 

KP was 3 of 11 and had a couple of offensive fouls. Not like he didn't get his chances...
Like Reply
KP team worst.....-10.....
Like Reply
Tough game to lose.  Portland made plays late, Dallas didn't.  It is what Portland does.

I thought Richardson worked his butt off on defense all night.  But scoring 2 points just isn't going to cut it.   

KP had a good half of the third quarter but the rest of the game there wasn't much there.  

Solid minutes from Wes.  Although if he can't or won't shoot, I don't know if there is a role for him long term.

Hardaway was excellent, but did give up a big rebound late.   

Brunson's minutes have gone down recently.   I guess there is a delicate balance on defense vs offense late.  Although, I feel more comfortable when he is in the game late.   

Again, we ask Luka to do way too much.    This team needs to get more talent on this roster.
Like Reply
Nobody talks about Portland, but when they get Nurkic back, they're going to be dangerous.
Like Reply
Hang in there Luka. Only six more years till you can start competing for championships. Takes a special front office to have LeLuka, no assets left, and still not have a 50 win team. Shy
Like Reply
5 offensive boards to Portland 13
12 turnovers to Portland 6

They had 12 more shot attempts than we did. That’s the story of the game

We miss DFS perimeter defense against a team like this that has multiple great perimeter players. Why is he not back? 

All is forgiven if we treat it like the LAC series and we come out Sunday and whoop them
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:29 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We miss DFS perimeter defense against a team like this that has multiple great perimeter players. Why is he not back? 

1) I do not think DFS makes any difference in this game. I do not think he was missed.

2) Out for the birth of his child....there might have been some complications because I think they were expecting him back and now maybe back when the road trip is over.
Like Reply
We shot 54/45/92. Offense was not the problem. We need a 3rd big that can rebound at an elite level. Team rebounding has been great lately, but we need that guy who can come in when the game slows down during stretches and collect the rebound. Too many times there’s a Jones jr type player that gets the board when there’s 3 boys in blue standing around them that just cannot collect the board
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:36 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We shot 54/45/92. Offense was not the problem. We need a 3rd big that can rebound at an elite level. Team rebounding has been great lately, but we need that guy who can come in when the game slows down during stretches and collect the rebound. Too many times there’s a Jones jr type player that gets the board when there’s 3 boys in blue standing around them that just cannot collect the board

Rebounding is an issue but the offense faltered down the stretch.

-THJ wide open corner three missed.
-Maxi two open threes missed.
-KP wide open top of the key three missed.
-KP air balled post attempt
-JRich two drives and missed layups.
-Luka stripped on a drive that went off of him out of bounds.

The THJ/Maxi/KP misses would have blown the game open.
Like Reply
In KP defense, those offensive fouls are tough. KP posts up against smaller player like he should. Smaller player goes below him which makes it really difficult for KP to do anything, because his elbows are at defenders face as soon as he lifts his arms. It is not his fault DJJ is so smaller... Those were not intentional elbows to the face, just natural movements. Strange rule. 

Portland was unfortunately a little better. Game was lost on the offensive boards. They did a solid job against Lillard and CJ, but Kanter and Anthony scored way too much. Refs overlooked a lot of Portland pushing.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:42 PM)omahen Wrote: In KP defense, those offensive fouls are tough. KP posts up against smaller player like he should.

Yes.....BUT I would add that he doesn't REALLY have a post up game, he has a face up game. If he actually had a post game then he would back the guys down, but can't really do that.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yes.....BUT I would add that he doesn't REALLY have a post up game, he has a face up game. If he actually had a post game then he would back the guys down, but can't really do that.

Doesn't have the strength or center of gravity, even against the likes of DJJ.
Like Reply
Didn't miss DFS. Iwundu was the Mavs best player tonight on defense, and probably had been even if DFS played.
JRich was playing hard on defense, but didn't seem to really matter. Liked the effort though.
Two possessions lost with JRich going one-on-one.
Luka taking too many 3s. I don't mind open shots, he needs to take them, but he ought to lessen the number of step backs per game.
Mavs really need 2 guys. A playmaker and rebounding help. AG can solve that, but probably won't happen.
Like Reply
But we missed WCS today. 

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanc...NET_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612742

The three best Luka 2 man combinations on the team are:

Luka + WCS 13.4
Luka + Kleber 9.8
Luka + Brunson 7.6

Luka + Powell 3.2
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 1) I do not think DFS makes any difference in this game. I do not think he was missed.

2) Out for the birth of his child....there might have been some complications because I think they were expecting him back and now maybe back when the road trip is over.
McCollum their leading scorer in only 27 min and got anything he wanted. DFS would’ve been guarding him. Richardson had a terrible game but played hard and made Dame work for it at least. DFS defense matters IMO. Coach Jenny and Carlisle mentioned as much. I’m wrong often though so maybe he makes no difference. In that case, he should be traded while he’s on a favorable contract
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 11:19 PM)omahen Wrote: KP was 3 of 11 and had a couple of offensive fouls. Not like he didn't get his chances...
After a horrible 0-6 1st half, he got it going and went 3-3 in the 3rd, then got virtuaaly ignored for the rest of the time he was in the game.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply