Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 108, Thunder 116
(03-13-2021, 12:35 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It was a clarifying game.  Four players showed up, and they are really the only rotation worthy players on the roster outside of Luka and KP.  DFS is probably a decent 9th  man, maybe. So, what additional two pieces are needed to elevate Luka, KP, Brunson, THJ, JRich, and Maxi into a title contending roster?  You need a good big who can rebound obviously and a starting 3. Luka, KP, and JRich start with the two new guys and THJ, JB, and Maxi form a nice bench, with some minutes for DFS and others as needed.

Listened to Stein's locker room chat and a couple of pods from guys with sources regarding moves that might be made before the deadline. 

Mavs would like to upgrade their shooting. Would also be interested in shoring up their depth at center, but that is a lesser priority for now. Stein says it is highly unlikely that KP will be traded. Also, the Mavericks really thought this roster was going to click, and have been very surprised that it hasn't.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 12:44 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Stein says it is highly unlikely that KP will be traded.
Ok, when Stein says it, I for sure believe it. Highly unlikely also doesn't mean not at all, but I approve this approach for now.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 09:44 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Green might develop faster if he had game time. But rookies can also develop in practice, and hopefully they are.  

What practice? I thought practices were non-existent this season

But that would lead to another point in favor of not playing the rookies - they literally have no practice time to earn even a small amount of minutes
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 01:22 PM)MFFL Wrote: What practice? I thought practices were non-existent this season

But that would lead to another point in favor of not playing the rookies - they literally have no practice time to earn even a small amount of minutes

Yes, it's been a very unlucky season to be a rookie. No Summer League, very short training camp, very little team practice time. I know the effects of the pandemic have been far more devastating than anything to do with basketball, but it's still a tough break for them.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 12:44 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Stein says it is highly unlikely that KP will be traded.

What this means to me:

1) The Mavs are absolutely gauging the value of KP around the league (hence the rumors).

2) If the right offer presents itself they are ready to pull the trigger.

3) But the Mavs are in no way determined to trade him at this point and don't want to do so without what they feel is the right kind of return.

If I am right, then I am thrilled to hear this. From all that I have witnessed this absolutely should be the Mavs approach and attitude right now.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 12:53 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Highly unlikely also doesn't mean not at all,
for sure
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 03:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: What this means to me:

1) The Mavs are absolutely gauging the value of KP around the league (hence the rumors).

2) If the right offer presents itself they are ready to pull the trigger.

3) But the Mavs are in no way determined to trade him at this point and don't want to do so without what they feel is the right kind of return.

If I am right, then I am thrilled to hear this. From all that I have witnessed this absolutely should be the Mavs approach and attitude right now.
I think there is actually some chance that it was KP's people who were initially sniffing around trying to gauge the level of interest, possibly without notifying the Mavs in advance of the effort. 

Just something about KP's veiled expressions of dissatisfaction, the Mavs' staunch denials, and KP's lack of surprise, and his acknowledgement that it had happened and unfortunately "got out."

Regardless of how it happened, I agree that, while the Mavs and KP might decide to part ways, the organization is right not to panic and frantically try to dump him for pennies on the dollar. You have to think the trade market will be much more active in the offseason, if that's the direction they want to go.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 03:26 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I think there is actually some chance that it was KP's people who were initially sniffing around trying to gauge the level of interest, possibly without notifying the Mavs in advance of the effort. 

Just something about KP's veiled expressions of dissatisfaction, the Mavs' staunch denials, and KP's lack of surprise, and his acknowledgement that it had happened and unfortunately "got out."

This also 100% makes sense of what we know. In fact I would bet on this if I had to choose who "started" the sniffing around process. If this is the case I bet the Mavs said to KP and company:

1) We want you to give things a chance for things to work out here.

2) We will do our due diligence to figure also possible win-win landing spots if it comes to that.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 03:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This also 100% makes sense of what we know. In fact I would bet on this if I had to choose who "started" the sniffing around process. If this is the case I bet the Mavs said to KP and company:

1) We want you to give things a chance for things to work out here.

2) We will do our due diligence to figure also possible win-win landing spots if it comes to that.

Very possible.
Like Reply
I just think the Mavs aren't interested in trading KP and other teams are trying to get him by creating rumors. 

I think Donnie definitely gauged the value of KP because he's doing his job but that doesn't mean they were ever seriously considering that avenue. 

Soon these KP trade rumors will be put to rest.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Can you give an exact quote?

I can't do the locker room chat since it is Apple only. I am not seeing anything else quote him on this anywhere else.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 08:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Can you give an exact quote?

I can't do the locker room chat since it is Apple only. I am not seeing anything else quote him on this anywhere else.

Cuban said on the Kelly and Ryan Show this morning, that KP will not be traded !!   I mean that's straight from the horses mouth.
Like Reply
(03-13-2021, 08:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Can you give an exact quote?

He said this on Locker Room, which is a live chat app. I think the host may have an option to record the chat and turn it into a pod. Believe Kirk has done that a time or two at MMB. But I don't think Stein elected to do it. At this point, afaik, the app is only available on iPhone, although I think they intend to expand it over time.
Like Reply