Standing reach: 9'4.0'' (elite) 
Weight: 232.2 lbs
Wingspan: 7'1.75''

Lane Agility: 11.87 s 
Shuttle Run: 3.28 s
3/4 Sprint: 3.34 s
Standing Vertical: 25.5 in 
Max Vertical: 31.0 in

Average (or below) athlete, good size, and seems to have good skill.
Like Reply
Maker is a really hard prospect to evaluate as he hasn’t played against high level competition much.
But if he is a late 2nd or undrafted pick up then he would be a good prospect to try out.
Like Reply
What do people think of Usman Garuba?
If he drops into the 20s would you trade Brunson to NY to draft him.

He seems like he could be a monster with Luka and could fit next to KP if they keep him.
Like Reply
(07-14-2021, 07:45 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Maker is a really hard prospect to evaluate as he hasn’t played against high level competition much.
But if he is a late 2nd or undrafted pick up then he would be a good prospect to try out.

I agree after watching his highlights.  It appears he played at multiple high schools too.   That is more common than it used to be, but could be a little bit of a red flag.   Plus, his cousin (Along with Perry Jones) had the most amazing highlights from high school, so seeing him burn out gives me a little hesitation.    And then he only played two games last year at a non power.   

He does have good size and looks to have solid skill.   I see him handling the ball in his high school highlights.    That would not be important for me right now.   To stick around he will need to be able defend, rebound, understand defensive/offensive principles, Work hard, and be reliable.   He, like a lot of undrafted players, will have a hard and it will be a  bumpy road to make it to an NBA roster.  He will need time but he will need to put in a lot of time on the court to make his dream a reality.   

It certainly feels like he will go undrafted per a lot of the sites I have seen.
Like Reply
I don't watch a lot of college basketball, so I really enjoy finding a prospect who is under the radar who I haven't heard of before.  Last year was Desmond Bane.   I didn't learn about him until well after the college season last year.  I kept on bypassing him when I saw his name in the rankings.  When I finally watched him, I really came to love his game.

It is early, but there is another Big 12 player has caught my attention.   Deuce McBride from West Virginia looks like a solid, no nonsense player.    Like Bane, I can see McBride playing important minutes as an excellent role player.  He will defend, hit an open shot and not make many mistakes.    His is probably a late first round pick.  There will be more flashy players available in his range, but McBride may be the best of them.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...3793130505
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MichaelBalkoJr/statu...2602737665
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
a potential undrafted target is Aamir Simms from Clemson.  Does anyone else see a carbon copy of DFS?  They even have similar movements.    Like DFS, Simms will need to move to be more of a primary wing as he played inside a lot in college.   He has more bulk than DFS but DFS is more fluid and the better athlete.  Simms is the better passer though.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-G3Nat0H4&t=19s
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/...6398567437
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1415974504686305283
Like Reply
(07-14-2021, 07:48 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: What do people think of Usman Garuba?
If he drops into the 20s would you trade Brunson to NY to draft him.

He seems like he could be a monster with Luka and could fit next to KP if they keep him.
I stopped following him a while ago, but yes, it’s hard to overlook the guy. He’s incredibly young yet has already played a lot for Real a few seasons in a row now. Offensively he is nothing special at the moment and he’s also not quite as bouncy as you’d hope but that’s another kid with sky high bbiq and he’s really darn good defensively. 

Id try hard to get a pick between 15-20 if he’s there. Brunson, Maxi, DFS - If you have to move one of them I’d do it for Garuba. Imo he is clearly a long term starter in the Nba. Good screener, great defender, very physical, strong rebounder, very fluid with the ball when he floors it (which is rarely). Unfortunately not a three point shooter yet and no skywalking lob target so he’ll have to grow more skill wise to have a role in an halfcourt offense but he’s worth it Imo. I’d love to see him in a Mavs jersey. The moment he figures out the shooting part he’s a really helpful player to have.
Like Reply
(07-16-2021, 10:24 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: a potential undrafted target is Aamir Simms from Clemson.  Does anyone else see a carbon copy of DFS?  They even have similar movements.    Like DFS, Simms will need to move to be more of a primary wing as he played inside a lot in college.   He has more bulk than DFS but DFS is more fluid and the better athlete.  Simms is the better passer though.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-G3Nat0H4&t=19s

How does someone with that size and passing ability go undrafted?  Sign me the hell up.  I'm not sure I see the DFS comparison.  Simms seems really comfortable with the ball in his hands, dribbling, and of course passing.  I know they have similar measurables but Simms looks to have a bulkier frame and is comfortable posting and catching passes.  He seems perfect as a hybrid 4-5 in the league if that shot can continue to develop. 

Thanks for the post!
Like Reply
I'm just going to throw this out here no matter how unlikely it is, but if Davion Mitchell falls in the draft I pray that the Mavs move heaven and earth (but Luka) to draft the dude. He has star potential all over him to me.

I see NOP is willing to trade #10 which is right around where Mitchell is mocked. I'd give them any vet not named KP and Luka for the pick.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-18-2021, 04:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Davion Mitchell

A 23 year old, 6'1" PG? I know nothing about him other than that right now. Just surprised by that when I looked him up.
Like Reply
My 2021 Dallas Mavericks Big Board:

Tier 1: Trade anything but Luka to get this guy. Possible 2nd or 3rd best player on our championship run. Can't see it happening like ever (no assets).

- C. Cunningham
- J. Green
- E. Mobley
- J. Suggs

Tier 2: Trade anything but Luka/KP to get this guy. Possible starter on our championship run. Probably a lottery pick, so highly unlikely to get them, given our assets and what it would cost.

- M. Moody
- F. Wagner

Tier 3: Trade anything but our core to get this guy. Possible rotation player to our championship team. Late teens/early 20's range, so we can probably reach him if we want to (probably won't).

- U. Garuba
- J. Butler
- C. Duarte

Tier 4: Trade very little to get this guy. Worth a shot player to add to our roster to fight for minutes. 2nd rounder, so we can probably buy one (love the rookie culture, so I think we'll be able to get one).

- Q. Grimes
- T. Mann
- R. Prkacin
- F. Petrusev
- J. Robinson-Earl
- H. Jones
Like Reply
Davion Mitchell was the reason why Baylor won this last year. A guy who can shoot and still play like a dog on defense.
Like Reply
(07-18-2021, 07:19 AM)Kammrath Wrote: A 23 year old, 6'1" PG? I know nothing about him other than that right now. Just surprised by that when I looked him up.

He's more of a combo guard. He can attack off the dribble and finish at the rim relentlessly. Has a solid 3pt shot as well. 

But my favorite part about him is his ability to defend. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_2YdXRT44

Here's a quick breakdown about his strengths and weaknesses.

I think he could be a 6th man here and quickly turn into Luka's running mate.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-18-2021, 08:21 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: My 2021 Dallas Mavericks Big Board:

I'm surprised you don't have Corey Kispert on your list. He's slated to be a mid 1st round pick. 6'7 220lb forward that can shoot the absolute lights out. 

Last 2 seasons shot 44% from 3pt range. His individual defense was okay, but had some moments of elite team defense. Screams to me the next Kyle Korver.
Like Reply
The Ringer has its team needs piece out related to the draft.  Despite the fact Dallas doesn't have a pick, they name some guys who project to be taken in the area of 10 New Orleans/11 Charlotte or toward the end of the teens where Washington and OKC would be possible trade partners.  KOC is not on KP Island, so it is likely he's envisioning a KP trade to get a pick in this region:

THE MAVS DON’T HAVE ANY DRAFT PICKS this year; their first is owed to the Knicks for the Kristaps Porzingis trade. Now the biggest question in Dallas is: Will there be another Porzingis trade? The 7-footer has failed to establish any real chemistry with franchise centerpiece Luka Doncic, and his performance in the team’s first-round loss to the Clippers may have been the last straw. With Jason Kidd taking over for Rick Carlisle on the bench, it might be time to rip the Band-Aid off. The problem is finding a potential Porzingis suitor. Is anyone interested in trading for such an expensive player who just showed he can’t be the second-best player on a contender? 

Dallas desperately needs to find the right big man to pair with Doncic, and Mark Cuban usually isn’t one to dawdle. Then comes the decision of whether or not to re-sign Tim Hardaway Jr. Surrounding Luka with 3-and-D wings makes a lot of sense, and Hardaway Jr. showed up big in the playoffs. They could look to develop a similar prospect—and trade into the draft—if they want to buy some insurance entering free agency.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/team-need...1590536690
Like Reply
(07-18-2021, 01:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm surprised you don't have Corey Kispert on your list. He's slated to be a mid 1st round pick. 6'7 220lb forward that can shoot the absolute lights out. 

Last 2 seasons shot 44% from 3pt range. His individual defense was okay, but had some moments of elite team defense. Screams to me the next Kyle Korver.

I liked him a lot last year. This year I think most contending teams have him on the radar as a safe pick (9-17). I'd rather stick with Duarte (he could fall due to the fact he's very old (24).
Like Reply