Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Wolves
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 25: MIN (6-18) @ DAL (11-14) | 127-122 win | 2 game win streak
(02-08-2021, 10:47 PM)mtrot Wrote: Milloy will rule for the Wolves, I suspect.

Malloy sucks, but ball don't lie.
Like Reply
That's what I'm talkin' about, Luka!  Drive that lane and get that and-one!

Come on, KP.  You've got to hold on to the ball.  No, loses it again.  Argghhh.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 10:25 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We dominated them from the tip and have led by 20 all game.

You were saying?
Like Reply
Now Luka loses the ball but JRich bails us out a bit!

Ugghh, the Mavs have been outscored in the last three quarters.
Like Reply
Luka has to take some responsibility for this Pyrrhic victory. 1-7 from three, more turnovers than assists.
Like Reply
M A V S W I N
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Eh, I'd say the Mavs won tonight despite Luka's presence.  His line is not very good and his seven turnovers almost killed us.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:08 PM)mtrot Wrote: Eh, I'd say the Mavs won tonight despite Luka's presence.  His line is not very good and his seven turnovers almost killed us.

Luka hate detected... Big Grin
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: M A V S W I N

They'll have to play a lot better than this to go 4-2 in the next six games. Detroit is the only true cupcake in that group. Four of the other teams are teams with slightly better records that we must be able to beat in order to get back into playoff contention.

(02-08-2021, 11:11 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Luka hate detected... Big Grin

That's the thing. We aren't good enough as a team to endure a bad Luka game. We won because the opponent was bad, and still got our Johnsons ripped off by Beasley.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:04 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Luka has to take some responsibility for this Pyrrhic victory. 1-7 from three, more turnovers than assists.

Yes. This is his weakness. Once Mavs have a nice lead he starts to underestimate the game, lowers the effort and this translates to everyone else. As I said, Mavs could have closed this one by mid third quarter if they played with same effort in the second and third as they did in first. Than reserves from both sides would be in and there would be no Beasley to hit wild threes one after another. As good as Luka is this is youth and lack of experience. I really don't understand why anyone would expect a 21 year old to be the most mature guy on the floor. Is it really so difficult to bring two vets (that can play) to steer the ship if things go a bit wrong?

Instead of watching 25 minutes of good basketball from regular rotation guys we watched 12 good minutes and 30 average ones and 6 very bad ones.

Still, not everything is on Luka. Offense without him is very bad. Mainly passing the ball around the three point line until someone chucks a semicontested three.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:11 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Luka hate detected... Big Grin

Ah, the old "hate" tactic! Wink   I just call it like I see it, and I also gave Luka props earlier in the thread when he drove the lane and got the and-one.  But, not his best game tonight.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:08 PM)mtrot Wrote: Eh, I'd say the Mavs won tonight despite Luka's presence.  His line is not very good and his seven turnovers almost killed us.

Luka came alive in the 4th. Went on a 6-0 run by himself and scored nearly a dozen.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:11 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: They'll have to play a lot better than this to go 4-2 in the next six games. Detroit is the only true cupcake in that group. Four of the other teams are teams with slightly better records that we must be able to beat in order to get back into playoff contention.

On the other hand, it might not be only bad - they got their warning that they are not mighty good. That they have to give 100 % for a (comfortable win). I hope the winning streak continues on Wednesday.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:14 PM)omahen Wrote: Yes. This is his weakness. Once Mavs have a nice lead he starts to underestimate the game, lowers the effort and this translates to everyone else. As I said, Mavs could have closed this one by mid third quarter if they played with same effort in the second and third as they did in first. Than reserves from both sides would be in and there would be no Beasley to hit wild threes one after another. As good as Luka is this is youth and lack of experience. I really don't understand why anyone would expect a 21 year old to be the most mature guy on the floor. Is it really so difficult to bring two vets (that can play) to steer the ship if things go a bit wrong?

Instead of watching 25 minutes of good basketball from regular rotation guys we watched 12 good minutes and 30 average ones and 6 very bad ones.

Still, not everything is on Luka. Offense without him is very bad. Mainly passing the ball around the three point line until someone chucks a semicontested three.
Well, I mostly agree, but look at Brunson's 6 assists in 19 minutes, which is half the minutes of Luka.  I thought Brunson ran some good offense while he was in.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:19 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, I mostly agree, but look at Brunson's 6 assists in 19 minutes, which is half the minutes of Luka.

How many of those were because he drived, pull two defenders on himself and passed to an open man (good offense) and how many were passing along the three point line until someone hit a semicontested three (bad offense)?
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:11 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: They'll have to play a lot better than this to go 4-2 in the next six games. Detroit is the only true cupcake in that group. Four of the other teams are teams with slightly better records that we must be able to beat in order to get back into playoff contention.

That's the thing. We aren't good enough as a team to endure a bad Luka game. We won because the opponent was bad, and still got our Johnsons ripped off by Beasley.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.  With Plumlee and Griffin(if he plays), the Pistons could give the Mavs a lot of inside trouble.

(02-08-2021, 11:24 PM)omahen Wrote: How many of those were because he drived, pull two defenders on himself and passed to an open man (good offense) and how many were passing along the three point line until someone hit a semicontested three (bad offense)?

Well, I'm not sure of the exact count, but I saw him successfully penetrate and facilitate scores on multiple occasions.  I just think he runs offense pretty well.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:26 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, I'm not sure of the exact count, but I saw him successfully penetrate and facilitate scores on multiple occasions.  I just think he runs offense pretty well.

Yeah, checked it again. 5 assists were nice. Still, all of them came in first and fourth quarter
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:31 PM)omahen Wrote: Yeah, checked it again. 5 assists were nice. Still, all of them came in first and fourth quarter

Brunson had 6, Luka had 5.

Dang Spurs, with a bunch of guys I never heard of, hold the Warriors to 100 points.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:45 PM)mtrot Wrote: Dang Spurs, with a bunch of guys I never heard of, hold the Warriors to 100 points.

Best coach in the game.

Could you imagine Luka and Pop teamed up together? Dang.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 11:45 PM)mtrot Wrote: Dang Spurs, with a bunch of guys I never heard of, hold the Warriors to 100 points.

It is basically same team they have for past two seasons... Smile
Like Reply