Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Suns
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: PHX (10-8) @ DAL (8-12) | 105-111 loss
(01-30-2021, 11:41 PM)mtrot Wrote: Eh, I think the Mavs don't draw as many fouls as other teams because they are not aggressive enough with the ball, don't go strong enough to the rim, don't get their body into the defender enough.  Thinks like that.  They need more and better coaching and then to follow through on the actions that will draw fouls.

I don’t know man. Luka lived at the free-throw line last year.

Same coaching.

Nobody ever wants to hear anything rational after a loss, and sometimes I am right there with them. Tonight, I think the Mavs played a pretty good game and Luka simply got outplayed by Chris Paul down the stretch.

Stuff like that happens. It’s a young superstar finding his way against an all-time great who knows every trick in the book. Still sucks – I’m not saying it doesn’t.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:39 PM)cow Wrote: No
Yes
Yes

It's nice to know that even funs are supporting illegal reffing..
... which was valid part in tonight mavs L
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It was ROUGH tonight.

You could hear his voice dogging them all through the first half, clear as a bell.

I swear to God I saw Carlisle walk across the court to talk to him during a time out.

I noticed Carlisle walking across the floor but I assumed it had something to do with the crowd noise being turned off while the Suns were on offense.  Your theory makes sense.

Cuban is a an idiot as well.  One of the most memorable things about the 2011 playoff run is the team asking him to shut the fuck up and him obliging.  What lesson did he take from that?
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:42 PM)cow Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:39 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Still BS that Luka has to pay the price.

Agreed. He's still not doing himself any favors with his constant complaining. He needs to shut the fuck up. Mavs could also submit video of missed calls to the league office.

All true.

The refs' retaliations against Cuban and Luka would stop if 1) those two would both shut up, and 2) refs were fined for having a certain number of disproportionate missed calls on the Mavs per game.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:45 PM)cow Wrote: One of the most memorable things about the 2011 playoff run is the team asking him to shut the fuck up and him obliging.  What lesson did he take from that?

The lesson I took from it was “wow, that worked. He should do that all of the time.“

Apparently, his takeaway was different.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:45 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: It's nice to know that even funs are supporting illegal reffing..

How am I supporting it?   Pointing out the realities of a situation that Luka has some control over isn't supporting him getting mugged and refs turning a blind eye.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10694047]
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: All true.

The refs' retaliations against Cuban and Luka would stop if 1) those two would both shut up, and 2) refs were fined for having a certain number of disproportionate missed calls on the Mavs per game.

It wouldn´t. Cuban tried to take away their power and dismantle the NBRA. They wanted Silver to step in and force Cuban to sell the franchise.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The lesson I took from it was “wow, that worked. He should do that all of the time.“

Apparently, his takeaway was different.

My guess is his take away was, "We won it all, I'm the smartest guy in the room.  I did it my way!"
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:43 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: As for KP, what is your explanation for the events of the past few weeks and the evident lack of chemistry on- and off-court between KP and his teammates?

That it is overblown by fans, like fat Luka was. Mavs didn't do any better with KP out. He was playing same way first three months of last season. I am not passing any judgement before this team plays 10 games in full strength.
Like Reply
@"cow" To extend the thought, I wonder what effect playing for an owner who can’t lay off the refs is going to have on the timeline for Luka learning how to lay off of them?
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka [and his teammates who missed shots] simply got outplayed by Chris Paul [and his teammates who made shots] down the stretch

FIFY
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t know man. Luka lived at the free-throw line last year.

Same coaching.

Last year the paint wasn't packed because Mavs could hit open shots. This year, when he gains advantage against one player the second one is already waiting in the middle of the paint
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: All true.

It wouldn´t. Cuban tried to take away their power and dismantle the NBRA. They wanted Silver to step in and force Cuban to sell the franchise.

So we have to settle for 20 more years of crooked reffing against the Mavs? That's a bad look for a sporting organization that's already had a black eye from crooked reffing.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"cow" To extend the thought, I wonder what effect playing for an owner who can’t lay off the refs he’s going to have on the timeline for Luka learning how to lay off of them?

That's an interesting thought.  I think I just look at the situation more negatively and it's another reason for players to not want to come or stay in Dallas.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:49 PM)Kammrath Wrote: FIFY

His teammates missed some shots, and Crowder and others did make some big ones, that’s true.

But, I do feel like Luka had three or four opportunities in the paint that had been falling for him all game and suddenly failed him down the stretch. I’m not trying to jump all over the kid – I love him. It wouldn’t have even been a close game had it not been for his amazing third-quarter. He was flat out dominant at times during this game.

I just think you have to be really, really close to perfect to beat Chris Paul in a close game.

On the bright side, I did NOT think that Luka played too much hero ball in the fourth tonight. I think there were many good possessions where he found the open man and they missed, just like you said. I think that’s progress.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:48 PM)omahen Wrote: That it is overblown by fans, like fat Luka was. Mavs didn't do any better with KP out.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9164019]
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:49 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka [and his teammates who missed shots] simply got outplayed by Chris Paul [and his teammates who made shots] down the stretch

FIFY

Once again, it's just so terrible that we traded away Seth Curry for a player who can start and defend... I'm sure it does great things for our players' shooting confidence that the fandom forces them to all wear the "not Seth Curry" sign around their necks.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"cow" To extend the thought, I wonder what effect playing for an owner who can’t lay off the refs is going to have on the timeline for Luka learning how to lay off of them?
I didn´t know Cuban went as far as trying to dismantle the NBRA. Maybe that´s the real reason no stars want to sign here. They know you can´t win the title, if the refs are against you. You can win, if they are indifferent, but against you? Very hard to pull off.
Like Reply
We can talk about Luka and Cuban complaining to the refs. There were many of us who said even last year despite all the pats on the back about some historic offense that this was a lazy offense that relied on volume shooting 3s. Even last year against the top teams when the games got close the offense stalled. As someone else mentioned on this thread look at how CP3 got more high percentage shots.  

Yes the game is about 3 pt shooting but the game has not changed so much that you don’t need to get a mixture of shots to maximize your chances. RC needs to be held accountable here too than just talk about Cuban griping.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But, I do feel like Luka had three or four opportunities in the paint

He missed two shots in the paint in the last 5 minutes
Like Reply