Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Suns
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: PHX (10-8) @ DAL (8-12) | 105-111 loss
(01-30-2021, 11:28 PM)mtrot Wrote: Unacceptable: The Suns had 27 points on free throws versus 8 for the Mavs. That's a 19 point advantage for the Suns and we lost by six points. The Mavs have got to do something to get their players to be more aggressive on offense and force the officials to make some calls. We only had 14 FT attempts, vs 31 for the Suns.

Make two more free throws and it's more of a game at the end and the Mavs have more of a chance. Unfortunately, this game was decided at the beginning of the 4th quarter when the Mavs decided to spot Phoenix 8 points.

The best thing about Maxi coming back? No more minutes for Mr. Brutal Plus Minus James Johnson.
Like Reply
Those of you watching on hehe...

Did you notice that at one of the later timeouts Carlisle walked across the court to speak with Cuban, who had been relentlessly berating the referees for the entire game? Then, at the following timeout Cuban could be heard loudly apologizing to the referees?

I found that to be quite interesting.
Like Reply
Never thought I would say it but this team is done
Like Reply
Turn out the lights. . . That was a season ender. This team is cooked.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:28 PM)mtrot Wrote: Unacceptable:  The Suns had 27 points on free throws versus 8 for the Mavs.  That's a 19 point advantage for the Suns and we lost by six points.  The Mavs have got to do something to get their players to be more aggressive on offense and force the officials to make some calls.  We only had 14 FT attempts, vs 31 for the Suns.

Luka had 4 attempts.  I really think he's paying the price for his constant bitching towards the refs.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:36 PM)cow Wrote: Luka had 4 attempts.  I really think he's paying the price for his constant bitching towards the refs.

Check out my post above regarding Cuban. Maybe it’s not only HIS bitching at the refs he is paying the price for.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:33 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Never thought I would say it but this team is done

Two things: 1) I like Curry a great deal, but I refuse to believe that his absence makes that huge of a difference. And he's the only substantial subtraction. 2) I think that there's enough talent on this team to get us back to .500 before the season ends, but all that's going to do is worsen the Knicks' pick.
Like Reply
WTF is wrong with you guys???

(01-30-2021, 11:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: At least he can't blame his teammates for the loss.

Never did

(01-30-2021, 11:27 PM)cow Wrote: KP skipped post game media request last night.

It wasn't like that

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6410727426

(01-30-2021, 11:27 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: I'm glad KP aka Charmin was needing to take a day off.  I want to say Lebron who is 11 years older than KP and has played probably the equivalent of 2 extra NBA seasons due to being in the postseason never takes a day off.  I question the heart of KP.  He's not hurt.  He needs to rest.  Give me a break.

It is not his choice

(01-30-2021, 11:27 PM)cow Wrote: Luka didn't have his trademark smile this whole game
Waiting for play by play video to prove you wrong
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Did you notice that at one of the later timeouts Carlisle walked across the court to speak with Cuban, who had been relentlessly berating the referees for the entire game? Then, at the following timeout Cuban could be heard loudly apologizing to the referees?

[Image: ldsJt4m.gif]
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Check out my post above regarding Cuban. Maybe it’s not only HIS bitching at the refs he is paying the price for.

That's a given for any Mavericks player.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:36 PM)cow Wrote: Luka had 4 attempts.  I really think he's paying the price for his constant bitching towards the refs.

Are you joking? 
Paying the price?
Serious?
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:38 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Are you joking? 
Paying the price?
Serious?

No
Yes
Yes
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:38 PM)cow Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Check out my post above regarding Cuban. Maybe it’s not only HIS bitching at the refs he is paying the price for.

That's a given for any Mavericks player.

Still BS that Luka has to pay the price.
Like Reply
From 3:30 to 1:00 minute of 4th quarter, when the game was tied 94-94

Quote:PHX Timeout
03:25
98 - 96
Headshot
D. Ayton DUNK (16 PTS)
03:07
Headshot
MISS J. Richardson 24' 3PT
03:04
Headshot
D. Ayton REBOUND (Off:6 Def:10)
02:52
Headshot
MISS M. Bridges Driving Layup - Blocked WCS !!!
02:52
Headshot
W. Cauley-Stein BLOCK (4 BLK)
02:51
TEAM Offensive REBOUND
02:49
Headshot
MISS J. Crowder 25' 3PT
02:44
Headshot
W. Cauley-Stein REBOUND (Off:3 Def:6)
02:31
Headshot
MISS D. Finney-Smith 3PT
02:27
Headshot
C. Johnson REBOUND (Off:0 Def:4)
02:18
100 - 96
Headshot
C. Paul 13' Pullup Jump Shot (23 PTS)
02:17
DAL Timeout
01:59
Headshot
MISS L. Doncic Turnaround Shot
01:57
Headshot
M. Bridges REBOUND (Off:0 Def:4)
01:44
102 - 96
Headshot
D. Ayton Alley-Oop DUNK (18 PTS) (C. Paul 11 AST)
01:27
Headshot
MISS D. Finney-Smith 25' 3PT
01:23
Headshot
D. Ayton REBOUND (Off:6 Def:11)
01:05
105 - 96
Headshot
J. Crowder 25' 3PT (14 PTS) (C. Paul 12 AST)

01:05

DAL Timeout

CP pick plays with high percentage shots, took 14' mid range shot and alley oop dunk to Ayton, along with a the corner three pass to Jae Crowder, you take those when your already above 4 points.

Luka pick plays there was passes to the three point line, with two miss threes from DFS and 1 miss three from J.Rich. Along with a shot that should of gone in with Luka playing post-to-layup shot that had three Suns player collapsing on him.

There is no game management on the last minutes of a tied game. The only one was coach rick calling the Luka to the post play, other than that, it was Luka dishing it out for low percentage shots. 

Credit to Chris Paul and Monty Williams, they adjusted well beginning of the 4th quarter to come back from 10 points below.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:38 PM)cow Wrote: That's a given for any Mavericks player.

It was ROUGH tonight.

You could hear his voice dogging them all through the first half, clear as a bell.

I swear to God I saw Carlisle walk across the court to talk to him during a time out.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:39 PM)cow Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:38 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Are you joking?
Paying the price?
Serious?

No
Yes
Yes

Co-sign.
Like Reply
Eh, I think the Mavs don't draw as many fouls as other teams because they are not aggressive enough with the ball, don't go strong enough to the rim, don't get their body into the defender enough.  Thinks like that.  They need more and better coaching and then to follow through on the actions that will draw fouls.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:39 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Still BS that Luka has to pay the price.

Agreed.  He's still not doing himself any favors with his constant complaining.  He needs to shut the fuck up.  Mavs could also submit video of missed calls to the league office.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I swear to God I saw Carlisle walk across the court to talk to him during a time out.

We know Cuban is a huge fan and super competitive...... I genuinely wonder how much patience he is going to have with this whole debacle.
Like Reply
Omahen, my point about Luka "not blaming his teammates" is that it's very bad for his future here if he thinks he can't win with this front office, and/or coaching staff, and/or teammates. His poor play at the end makes it so he can't think "if only I had better teammates and a better front office to get them and a better coaching staff to coach them," which is a tiny victory for keeping Luka around longterm. 

As for KP, what is your explanation for the events of the past few weeks and the evident lack of chemistry on- and off-court between KP and his teammates?
Like Reply