Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavericks 99, Hornets 118
(01-01-2021, 02:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"mavsluvr" has the pandemic affected your career at all? I’m a big fan of your work on the Mavs’ broadcast (with the lone exception of that dumb “hello winda” joke)  but I have to say I would’ve expected you to get an even better gig by now.

lol, smh
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 03:38 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: On another aspect involving lineups, I have been impressed with Josh Richardson and how well he has fit in. However, last night's poor shooting performance by him led me to focus on the implications of the loss of Seth Curry. The move to a bigger, two-way player doubtlessly needed to be made. However, it is easier for teams like the Hornets to clog the paint with Josh in the lineup.    
I think this is a great point and an aspect of Curry’s value that I under appreciated.  Curry and Doncic are space/shot creators and have to be constantly accounted for.  Maxie, DFS, KP are basically spot shooters.   Hardaway and Richardson are somewhere in the middle...solid but have some difficulty creating space/shot.
Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 02:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who is he? 

I’ve never gotten him to admit it, but I’ve been convinced for years and years that @"mavsluvr" is Mark Followil.
Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 04:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Mark Followil

I mean....... really?
Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 04:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I mean....... really?

That’s my honest theory, yes. I have no proof, but I’ve been trying to get him to admit it since like 2012, I think.
Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 04:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: honest theory

So in this theory, what is the rational for Followil spending time doing recaps with us?
Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 05:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote: So in this theory, what is the rational for Followil spending time doing recaps with us?

Same as the rationale for you and me...he’s a luvr of the Mavs!
Like Reply
He's as good as Followil that's for sure!
Like Reply
Could be Ortegul?
Like Reply
(01-02-2021, 06:16 PM)embellisher Wrote: Could be Ortegul?

He can do that.
Like Reply
Ugh, this game was awful.  Was out for a winter trip but managed to catch this game after missing the Clippers game and half of the Heat game yesterday.
Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 04:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That’s my honest theory, yes. I have no proof, but I’ve been trying to get him to admit it since like 2012, I think.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, it does kind of make sense.

It must take a tonne of time to put those recaps together, and he usually posts them LATE after the game has finished, and he’s always keen to hear others opinions...

You’ve convinced me Smile
Like Reply