Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 115, Lakers 138
(12-27-2020, 09:56 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Do you have any thoughts as to how the bigs should be better used?

In a trade.
Like Reply
Thumbs Up 
(12-27-2020, 09:56 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Do you have any thoughts as to how the bigs should be better used?

Great to see you back on your post ML!  Big Grin
Well to be fair its too early to be sure.  The big rotation looks to me like it could actually be a strength for this team. Really a nice mix of athleticism, experience and some offensive fire power that can be used inside and outside.  Like to see them utilized offensively when guard wing centered offense bogs down as it often has when games tighten up.  Screening around the perimeter excessively can leave them out of position for rebounds. 

That said its such a different season with so much of summer, training camp and preseason cut out we have to allow the coaches and players time to implement more that plays to their strengths.  

My main observation is that the Mavs should not be that bad on the front line, even without KP. 
They have some nice talent and those guys need to be used especially when things get tight.
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 05:41 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Great to see you back on your post ML!  Big Grin
Well to be fair its too early to be sure.  The big rotation looks to me like it could actually be a strength for this team. Really a nice mix of athleticism, experience and some offensive fire power that can be used inside and outside.  Like to see them utilized offensively when guard wing centered offense bogs down as it often has when games tighten up.  Screening around the perimeter excessively can leave them out of position for rebounds. 

That said its such a different season with so much of summer, training camp and preseason cut out we have to allow the coaches and players time to implement more that plays to their strengths.  

My main observation is that the Mavs should not be that bad on the front line, even without KP. 
They have some nice talent and those guys need to be used especially when things get tight.

Thanks, dahl! I thought the big guys looked much better after the Clippers game. I wonder if KP's return, enabling them to all bump down to their intended positions, might go a long way toward fixing the most glaring issues.
Like Reply