Poll: Which do you prefer going forward for game chats?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I prefer using Discord as how we interact during games
30.43%
7 30.43%
I prefer using the traditional GameThreads on the forum
69.57%
16 69.57%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord vs Gamethreads?
(12-14-2020, 11:05 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think that was the most fun I had reading a gametime thread/chat. It was a bit fast, and I found myself missing some points in the game cause I was trying to keep up with my reading, but in all, I liked the Discord. SBJ and SH were pretty hilarious with their DP stuff! Esp once Dougie chimed in.

Ah ha!!!! So discord is just an opportunity to dog Powell at a faster pace! That makes sense.

(12-15-2020, 06:56 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Just my preference...I like to watch the game as it unfolds.  Later I'll go back over the game thread here.  I find commenting during a game to be distracting.

I do this sometimes too
Like Reply
I am one who also goes back through the game discussion thread, whether I was live in the game or while I'm watching it on delay.  I like the reactions and it feels like I'm watching the game with friends.  Not a fan of outsourcing the chat, tbh.  I will understand if that is the decision though.
Like Reply
(12-15-2020, 10:55 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Ah ha!!!! So discord is just an opportunity to dog Powell at a faster pace! That makes sense.
Honestly, it was satisfying to celebrate and dog in the moment things you have been seeing with your own eye test. It's much harder to do that in the game thread IMO and those immediate reactions get very lost when you read them after the fact, for me anyway.

(12-15-2020, 10:59 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I am one who also goes back through the game discussion thread
I hardly ever read the middle of game time game thread. I would read the beginning for the stuff Kamm would put out (edit: doh, and of course to see when DrMav would declare it a must win game!!!), then watch the videos posted afterward. That's it.
Like Reply
(12-15-2020, 06:56 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Just my preference...I like to watch the game as it unfolds.  Later I'll go back over the game thread here.  I find commenting during a game to be distracting.

Definitely this. I watch the games very intently and don't really need the announcers. I can form my own opinions Thank You. I do like to read the sharing later though the negative Nellies sometimes frustrate me.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(12-16-2020, 10:15 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Definitely this. I watch the games very intently and don't really need the announcers. I can form my own opinions Thank You. I do like to read the sharing later though the negative Nellies sometimes frustrate me.

I think it was last season the negativity was insane...  I stopped reading the game chats.  I think they banned a couple of the worst offenders though.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 12:43 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I think it was last season the negativity was insane...  I stopped reading the game chats.  I think they banned a couple of the worst offenders though.

Honestly besides barttlebear's RC hate, there isn't THAT much negativity. Reactionary takes? Sure. But nothing that you wouldn't hear at a sports bar.

Also, having some negativity is good. Differing of opinions (*even if they're kinda outlandish) is needed. It sparks conversation.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
it wasn't just him... it was oppressive.  lol.  I think the board in general has a better vibe these days.  It isn't ALL rainbows and butterflies, but it is constructive.  Thoughtful.  Not this sucks and that sucks and he is the worst.  I am loving the board's vibe right now.  Lot's of viewpoints that are fun to discuss.  Just without the outright trashing of the team we all care about.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 01:07 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: it wasn't just him... it was oppressive.  lol.  I think the board in general has a better vibe these days.  It isn't ALL rainbows and butterflies, but it is constructive.  Thoughtful.  Not this sucks and that sucks and he is the worst.  I am loving the board's vibe right now.  Lot's of viewpoints that are fun to discuss.  Just without the outright trashing of the team we all care about.

I promise I will not trash the team anymore... Big Grin
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 07:59 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I promise I will not trash the team anymore... Big Grin

We can just be done with it right now:

"Why isn´t Boban getting any minutes"
"Burke and Brunson are midgets"
"THJ sucks"
"Powell is the root of all evil" "Soft" "Cannot defend"
"Luka cannot shoot from 3. Why isn´t he taking more midrange jumpers" "Hero ball sucks"
"KP is soft" "Cannot post up a PG"
"JRich sucks" "Curry would have been an allstar this season"
"RC is the worst coach ever" "Call a timeout" "Terrible play call at the buzzer" "Challenge the call"

Have I missed something?
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 08:16 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We can just be done with it right now:

"Why isn´t Boban getting any minutes"
"Burke and Brunson are midgets"
"THJ sucks"
"Powell is the root of all evil" "Soft" "Cannot defend"
"Luka cannot shoot from 3. Why isn´t he taking more midrange jumpers" "Hero ball sucks"
"KP is soft" "Cannot post up a PG"
"JRich sucks" "Curry would have been an allstar this season"
"RC is the worst coach ever" "Call a timeout" "Terrible play call at the buzzer" "Challenge the call"

Have I missed something?

Plan Powder...the main Mavs bashing item used on this site...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 08:23 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Plan Powder...

yes...and the reason Dirk only has one title  Big Grin
Like Reply