Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
Another game where Porzingis has not impressed. He just does not see or read the floor to make quick decisions in the paint, whether it's scoring or passing. That is just not his game, question is whether he can improve it. If we can get Wiseman,Minny pick and Oubre for cap relief we should take it and run.It would be idiotic to turn down, but with our short-term obsession the Mavs might do it.
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 09:47 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Another game where Porzingis has not impressed. He just does not see or read the floor to make quick decisions in the paint, whether it's scoring or passing. That is just not his game, question is whether he can improve it. If we can get Wiseman,Minny pick and Oubre for cap relief we should take it and run.It would be idiotic to turn down, but with our short-term obsession the Mavs might do it.

This. Do it before GSW figures out what we already know.
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 09:47 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Another game where Porzingis has not impressed.

Seems like a first-half take that didn't age very well. Wink
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 09:47 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Another game where Porzingis has not impressed
You were saying?
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 10:53 PM)DrMav Wrote: You were saying?

You didn't let me finish....And that's why we need to build around KP is what I was trying to say!
Like Reply
Glad GSW was slow on the uptake...
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 09:47 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Another game where Porzingis has not impressed. He just does not see or read the floor to make quick decisions in the paint, whether it's scoring or passing. That is just not his game, question is whether he can improve it. If we can get Wiseman,Minny pick and Oubre for cap relief we should take it and run.It would be idiotic to turn down, but with our short-term obsession the Mavs might do it.

28 and 14 on 65% shooting? 40% from 3?

Im confused.
Like Reply
It's important to not overreact on good or bad performances.  Smile
Like Reply

He could score 50 and you'd fuss. He played a great game tonight.  Passing?  I thought he did better not letting the ball stick with him.  He missed Luka on the dive, but you can't get everyone.  

28 and 14 on 17 shots?  Most of them from the inside and in the post?  Not 50 3s from the logo.  No stupid fouls, active on the floor.  You need to drop that woody for Wiseman, man.  James Wiseman won't give you that any time soon, if he ever will.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
He has to have three 50 point 30 rebound games before people will stop trying to dump him...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 11:04 PM)cow Wrote: It's important to not overreact on good or bad performances.  Smile

I agree...but I'm not trying to trip out on a great performance either.  That's crazy.  I'm going to keep it real, no spin.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 11:12 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I agree...but I'm not trying to trip out on a great performance either.  That's crazy.  I'm going to keep it real, no spin.

I though he was great tonight too.
Like Reply
https://dailyknicks.com/2021/03/10/ny-kn...-doncic/3/

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(03-11-2021, 01:19 AM)Hypermav Wrote: https://dailyknicks.com/2021/03/10/ny-kn...-doncic/3/

In the 90s Mavs fans used to propose trades like this for Shaq.
Like Reply
(03-10-2021, 10:52 PM)Tyler Wrote: Seems like a first-half take that didn't age very well. Wink

I motivated him properly. Big Grin  Honestly he seems to be like a guy that needs that. Probably got an earful at HT from Carlisle,too. I would still do that trade. Wink
Like Reply
(03-11-2021, 01:48 AM)fifteenth Wrote: In the 90s Mavs fans used to propose trades like this for Shaq.
Even as the owner of Randle island,I'd turn down Luka for the whole Knicks roster.
Like Reply
(03-11-2021, 01:19 AM)Hypermav Wrote: https://dailyknicks.com/2021/03/10/ny-kn...-doncic/3/

Ya know, I shouldn't be surprised that Knick fans are dumb. But.....this is another level of dumb.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I wouldn't be opposed at all to sign Aldridge at vet min. He would bring a lot of stuff we are missing (strength, toughness, vet leadership, post play). Of course in limited minutes.
Like Reply
(03-11-2021, 07:19 AM)omahen Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed at all to sign Aldridge at vet min. He would bring a lot of stuff we are missing (strength, toughness, vet leadership, post play). Of course in limited minutes.

It will be interesting to see where he winds up.   He has been really down this year, but is some of that due to his recovery from knee surgery?   When we played the Spurs the first time this year, Aldrirdge was running like late Dirk (not a compliment).

I do think he is an interesting name for teams. Especially with a lot of teams looking for help.   Boston would make sense.  Would Milwaukee want to boost their front line? I am sure there are many others.

I believe Aldridge is from Dallas.  So that may be attractive to him.  But I am not sure Dallas could offer him the clearest role.   Can he play with KP?  Would he close game here?   I think there are easier fits elsewhere that if he was healthy he would have a much better chance to finish games there.    Although, he would certainly be a guy worth sniffing around.
Like Reply
So, I’m still pretty firmly in the trade KP camp. This performance really helps in what we can get for him in his first healthy offseason in 3 years coming off an amazing playoff showing where we get out of the first round.

That KP gets you more than Wiseman (unless Wiseman makes a meteoric jump from where he’s at).
Like Reply