Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
(02-25-2021, 11:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: KP is the target because we expect the production and impact of a max contract player. It´s difficult to build a team when one of the star players misses 1/3 of all games and needs another 1/3 to get back in shape. I guess some of us are just getting tired of it.

Sure I see that and it is a problem for Mavs. He is ok offensively but absolutely bad defensively this season. I just don't want to give up on him and sell low on him. I think there are desperate teams out there that could see him as a opportunity to get to that final playoff spot they absolutely need to reach. Teams like Washington, Atlanta, perhaps GSW. Mavs just need to be patient and perhaps someone comes with an opportunity. If not, I hope he regains his health and rebuilds some of the value. 

As a team, I actually really like our guard/wing rotation, as I said before. I expected more from Richardson but I don't think he is bad. At least his price should not be very high, if he would even want to stay. So I don't see much value in trading guard for guard (like Ball idea). But our backcourt is absolutely awful this season. No one can post up, PnR is not really working with anyone. All are soft and being tossed around by every a bit stronger opponent. This leaves Mavs with chucking threes and hope for a good percentage.
Like Reply
What would it take to get DeRozan?  Proven scorer, can create his own shot, plays hard. and most importantly doesn’t settle for 3 pt shots.  He would be fantastic with Luka.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 11:52 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: What would it take to get DeRozan?  Proven scorer, can create his own shot, plays hard. and most importantly doesn’t settle for 3 pt shots.  He would be fantastic with Luka.

Before the season started probably somewhere around the range of THJ+18+31 

He's almost certainly exceeded that now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
This may be nothing or it may be something but apparently KP liked a tweet about welcome to Golden State

https://twitter.com/Currysmo1/status/136...94464?s=20
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 01:43 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: This may be nothing or it may be something but apparently KP liked a tweet about welcome to Golden State

[Image: 2JrU4f6.gif?w=640]
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 01:43 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: This may be nothing or it may be something but apparently KP liked a tweet about welcome to Golden State

For what it's worth, I couldn't seem to find that tweet when I looked. But I could just be missing it.

If so, that's certainly something. Could also be nothing.

I remember when Blake Griffin was on a podcast in the offseason and he said how just likes messing with twitter just throwing out the most random stuff. So they dared him to just tweet a side eye emoji. Sure enough the entire NBA twitter-verse was going crazy about how the Pistons are going to trade Blake, and it was all over ESPN with them running stories on it.

The podcast came out a day later and explained the whole thing. Was very funny.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 01:56 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: For what it's worth, I couldn't seem to find that tweet when I looked. But I could just be missing it.

If so, that's certainly something. Could also be nothing.

I remember when Blake Griffin was on a podcast in the offseason and he said how just likes messing with twitter just throwing out the most random stuff. So they dared him to just tweet a side eye emoji. Sure enough the entire NBA twitter-verse was going crazy about how the Pistons are going to trade Blake, and it was all over ESPN with them running stories on it.

The podcast came out a day later and explained the whole thing. Was very funny.

That would be a masterful troll by KP.
Like Reply
Oh wait quick update:

https://twitter.com/Currysmo1/status/136...9052706819

It seems as if KP has unliked that tweet. He's nowhere to be found there. This guy seems to be a realistic Warriors fan and is just poking fun at the rumors. My spanish is garbage but he basically says 

lol 11k views because the idiot KP accidentally pressed a button. If he actually comes he will be my something (pollo is chicken but idk if he means that), and I will defend him more than curry when he has 1/32.
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 02:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Oh wait quick update:

https://twitter.com/Currysmo1/status/136...9052706819

It seems as if KP has unliked that tweet. He's nowhere to be found there. This guy seems to be a realistic Warriors fan and is just poking fun at the rumors. My spanish is garbage but he basically says 

lol 11k views because the idiot KP accidentally pressed a button. If he actually comes he will be my something (pollo is chicken but idk if he means that), and I will defend him more than curry when he has 1/32.

I was actually reading a GSW site that had KP trade ideas and the general consensus was we'd need to add something to make a KP/Wiggins swap attractive.  Oh boy.
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 02:07 AM)cow Wrote: I was actually reading a GSW site that had KP trade ideas and the general consensus was we'd need to add something to make a KP/Wiggins swap attractive.  Oh boy.

Wiggins is a negative asset and being in Luxary tax Golden St is paying a shit ton for him 

The trade would essentially mount to Wiseman and picks for KP

This lineup could challenge for a top 3 seed and their 2021 lineup Thompson is best in the league IMO. You need firepower to outscore Utah and Brooklyn 

Steph
Bazemore
Oubre
Green
KP 

2021-2022
Steph
Thompson
Oubre
Green
KP
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 02:17 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Wiggins is a negative asset and being in Luxary tax Golden St is paying a shit ton for him 

Agreed.  It's just interesting to see how the other side thinks.  They'd turn down KP for Wiggins straight up.
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 02:07 AM)cow Wrote: I was actually reading a GSW site that had KP trade ideas and the general consensus was we'd need to add something to make a KP/Wiggins swap attractive.  Oh boy.

*Vomit*

Sheesh. That's almost as bad as Lakers fans. Or Boston fans "hey give me Luka for Theis/Walker/Smart"
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 02:24 AM)cow Wrote: Agreed.  It's just interesting to see how the other side thinks.  They'd turn down KP for Wiggins straight up.
Just as crazy as some of our sides proposals thinking we could get Lavine, KAT or Beal for KP and all our future draft picks.

Maybe Donnie is asking for Wiggins, Wiseman and MIN 1st. 

GS front office asking for KP and DAL 2027 1st while keeping the MIN pick

Fair seems more like:

Mavs get: Wiggins, Wiseman and 2022 Toronto 2nd 

GS gets: KP and Iwundu
Like Reply
Getting heavy DSJ vibes all of a sudden.

Anyway, GS makes a lot of sense the more I think about it. They're in absolute luxury tax hell yet have no chance of contending right now. Wiseman is likely a few years off from truly helping them, as would be the Minny pick, and that will be too late for their core. Even if KP could only hold up for a few more seasons, that's enough for them.

Warriors get:
-KP
-DFS

Mavs get:
-Wiggins
-Wiseman
-Minny 1st

While this might seem a big much for GS to pay, I go back again to the luxury tax issue. They're already in tax hell and the Minny pick will add even more pain to their tax while likely not contributing winning basketball for a couple years. That's the one reason I think this might actually happen.
Like Reply
Maybe I just haven’t seen him play yet, but I’m out on Wiseman being the KP prize. If Wiseman is worth that much, I’d rather use him to get someone else from another team.
Like Reply
But... Wiggins is awful... I don't understand what's going on in here... 

No way you guys would like Wiggins more than KP once he actually plays here.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 11:52 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: What would it take to get DeRozan?  Proven scorer, can create his own shot, plays hard. and most importantly doesn’t settle for 3 pt shots.  He would be fantastic with Luka.

I have been thinking of him as well. At first, I was thinking make a move at the trade deadline for a starting PF and then use MLE money for a DeRozan type (Is that his $ range?)

Now I am wondering if Derozan plus a starting type big this offseason is enough if we are losing Hardaway and Richardson.   I am not sure and haven't figured out my thoughts yet.

Derozan would give us some protection from KP imo.  He could be our second scoring option and really give us someone who can create off the dribble.    Dallas really needs to upgrade two starting spots imo.   I think Derozan would fit the bill with one of them.  Although there are a lot of questions that I am trying to figure out as the Mavs try to build a contender.  

Ideally a Derozan and John Collins (and I am not even sold at Collins at the high $ either) would be a nice upgrade.  I just don't see how you can get both.   Derozan and Rashaun Holmes????
Like Reply
(02-26-2021, 02:41 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: *Vomit*

Sheesh. That's almost as bad as Lakers fans. Or Boston fans "hey give me Luka for Theis/Walker/Smart"

I don´t think they are any worse or better than we are. Just more of them. Meaning that they also have more guys with "interesting" takes.
Maybe we are just prisoner of the moment and GMs still think of KP as a positive asset. Maybe KP is really viewed as the next John Wall, Blake Griffin. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Neutral trade value makes a lot sense.
That´s why the proposals around guys that might be worse/on worse contracts combined with a younger asset make a lot of sense.
Like Reply
The one thing that I simply cannot understand: Who thought that it was a good idea to enter the season with the current bigman rotation.
One injury prone guy coming back from knee surgery, one guy that depends on his athleticism to make an impact coming back from an achilles injury, one 3rd string center that was waived by his last team, one situational big that cannot stay on the court, one versatile perimeter big that needs to play next to another bigman.
I don´t blame Powell for his performance. It was obvious that he wouldn´t be the same player. I don´t blame WCS. The Mavs knew who he is and what he can/cannot do. Same for Bobi. No excuses for the MBT. Donnie, Mark and whoever else was involved screwed up.
Feels like most of us wanted the Mavs to add another PF/C or at least a big forward with the MLE. Personally I was really hoping for someone like Favors but the Mavs had different ideas.
Like Reply
https://tradenba.com/trades/wjilmd3Yl

Don’t care that it’ll never happen. This is the trade I would go for.

Luka/JB/Exum
VO/THJ/FN
DFS/Iwundu/Bey
Collins/Gallinari
Turner/Powell/WCS/Boban
Like Reply