Kleber

for

Nesmith
Langford
Williams
Ojeleye
Boston 2021 1st round pick
Boston 2023 1st round pick

Enough capspace for the summer to go after a big free agent and enough trade assets to go after Beal/Lavine.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 05:35 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Some different radical idea...

1.)

Porzingis
Richardson
THJ

for

Eric Bledsoe
Steven Adams
JJ Reddick
2023 1st round pick better of Lakers/Pelicans
2026 1st round pick better of Bucks/Pelicans
2027 1st round pick Bucks

2.)

DFS
Kleber

for

Nesmith
Langford
Williams
Ojeleye
Boston 2021 1st round pick
Boston 2023 1st round pick

Enough capspace for the summer to go after a big free agent and enough trade assets to go after Beal/Lavine.

...and a galactically high 2021 pick for the New York Knicks!!!!!!!111!!!1!1!1!

KP's trade value may be low, but not getting back that low value in exchange would be killer. Have to give him a chance to raise his value for a few weeks.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 05:35 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Steven Adams

One comment:

I think Steven Adams might be close to the ideal center to pair with Luka. 

If I was building a realistic team around Luka, he would be close to the top of my list when looking at less than MAX centers.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 06:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: One comment:

I think Steven Adams might be close to the ideal center to pair with Luka. 

If I was building a realistic team around Luka, he would be close to the top of my list when looking at less than MAX centers.

Why is that? He's not a roller, bad interior defender, bad on the perimeter (most centers are) and doesn't open the lane for him. He does set good screens and rebound the ball, but whe he sets the screen he's not a threat.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 07:35 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Why is that?

I like Steven Adams:

1) Great to elite impact numbers....mostly offensively, but is at least a break even defender.

2) Decent to good roll man (63.4 percentile and 78.3 percentile the last two years).

3) He is an elite impact rebounder who does the little things to help the team rebound.

4) Incredibly unselfish player who doesn't care about his own, but does whatever is needed to win.

5) Tough as nails, will not be part of any team getting bullied, pushed around, or out efforted. 

Frankly the Mavs could use ALL of that RIGHT NOW.
Like Reply
Lonzo Ball is a talented young player that has played with 2 organizations that did not show faith in him. Delon Wright was a bigger asset to this team than many realize. His ability to play both guard spots, rebound, defend, etc was a huge asset to this team. The Mavericks never really replaced his skillset. He beat out Brunson last year so that is something to think about as well. I say that because I think that Lonzo is 10x the player Delon was and would compliment Luka extremely well.

KP needs to go point blank and I will never get back on the side of thinking he is a good fit. Me saying that is not just based on his play its based on the shit he says and yes his durability. Its also obvious that with this being a young team we are not mature enough to have a guy like that as one of our top 3 options on the team.

The Mavs need to cut bait now and fast if I can get Carter and Lavine for KP I do it hands down no hesitation.
Like Reply
How many of you guys would do this trade?

https://tradenba.com/trades/ylZ7P-Oxt

Mavs get 3 solid starters, including a veteran PG, get their picks back, and can open up a max slot in the summer.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 05:35 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Enough capspace for the summer to go after a big free agent and enough trade assets to go after Beal/Lavine.

So basically you want to blow it up and trade our 2nd-6th best player for a bunch of late picks and spare change?

No thanks!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
RE: Steven Adams

I think I would be open to a trade centered on KP+??? for Adams+Lonzo+Hart.
Like Reply
Trading KP while his value is at his absolute lowest its ever been is bad asset management we all lament the MBT for.

We can't trade KP right now if we want to get a good deal out of it (that means getting a player and/or assets commensurate with the role KP is playing [or should be playing] on this team). 

And the Mavs can't afford NOT to get a good deal if they want to be able to remain competitive in getting talent to pair with Luka. So unfortunately we can't trade KP, short of him going Rondo and destroying the locker room.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 08:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: RE: Steven Adams

I think I would be open to a trade centered on KP+??? for Adams+Lonzo+Hart.

Well, I'm not sure I agree that Adams is the perfect fit with Luka, but...KP is certainly a better fit with Zion than Adams (if KP is playing well) and Adams could play here IF paired with Kleber.
Like Reply
Adams signed an extension with New Orleans so my understanding is they can't trade him for a full year.
Like Reply
RE: KP Trade

No way I look to trade KP before the summer (want to try and make it work and get his value back up). So I am thinking in advance to that timeframe, FYI.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 09:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: KP is certainly a better fit with Zion

Right which is why I think NOP would be open the conversation.
Like Reply
I'm not sold on Lonzo, but if you could get a 1st out of NOP as well, send that to a 3rd team for another piece.
Like Reply
Chicago loses a heartbreaker.  They're now 7-11 (with 2 of their wins against of course Dallas).  I think Chicago is a team that I'm looking at to bolster our roster.  I honestly don't think Lavine will resign in Chicago.  He literally has 1.5 years left on his deal.  I'm going after Lavine.  I proposed this deal the other day and I'm willing to tweak it to get Lavine in Dallas.

KP and Brunson

for

Lavine and Wendell Carter Jr.

I think Chicago would have a decent starting 5 in Brunson, White, Markkanen, Williams, and KP

Dallas would have an amazing backcourt in Luka and Lavine.  We would have a starting frountcourt of Richardson, Kleber and Wendell Carter Jr.  Yes I would start Kleber over DFS.

Our 2nd team would be Burke, THJ, DFS, Powell, and WCS.

Our 3rd team would be Johnson, Terry, Hinton, Iwundu, Green, Bey, and Boban

Here's the good thing about this deal.  How much cap space would be available for us in the summer of 2021 now that we would have unloaded KP's contract?  I know the summer of 2021 isn't as great as we first envisioned, but there's some intriguing players available (particularly restricted).
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 09:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Right which is why I think NOP would be open the conversation.

I can see the fit. But honestly, I don’t feel confident that I have any freaking clue what David Griffin is trying to do there right now. I feel like they are trying to be good, but not all of their decisions point that way.

Point being, I wonder if they even want another max player right now.
Like Reply
Does anyone really think Donnie and Mark are anywhere near the point of giving up on the KP/Luka experiment? I'm not trying to squash the trade discussions, but it does seem a bit fruitless.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:34 AM)cow Wrote: Does anyone really think Donnie and Mark are anywhere near the point of giving up on the KP/Luka experiment?

Ask me in 16 more games and then after 36 more. Like I have said, the soonest would be this summer. It will all depend on how things shake out the rest of this year.

But I think it is naive to assume that isn't a possible future from where we are today.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 01:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Ask me in 16 more games and then after 36 more. Like I have said, the soonest would be this summer. It will all depend on how things shake out the rest of this year.

But I think it is naive to assume that isn't a possible future from where we are today.

I guess I was talking more about this year's TDL.
Like Reply