Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
RE: KP's sore back

Here is what Brad is being told...

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1365014359555112961

Hurt his back doing stamina work so badly he has had to miss 3+ games? Call me 1) skeptical or 2) scared for his long term health. One of the two.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 04:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: RE: KP's sore back

Here is what Brad is being told...

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1365014359555112961

Hurt his back doing stamina work so badly he has had to miss 3+ games? Call me 1) skeptical or 2) scared for his long term health. One of the two.
Yes, this is concerning.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 04:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Hurt his back doing stamina

and his legs... which you left out Smile Obviously lifting weights.
Like Reply
At least it wasn't an injury caused by having a nerf gun battle with Bobi and Iwundu.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 04:37 PM)cow Wrote: At least it wasn't an injury caused by having a nerf gun battle with Bobi and Iwundu.
That's what's not being reported

#coverupgate2021
Like Reply
I am not that worried ab it nor do I think it's a conspiracy. I think he just has a sore back. Guys get injured all the time in non-game situations.
Like Reply
Luka should have the sore back from carrying this team.  
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 04:32 PM)omahen Wrote: and his legs... which you left out Smile Obviously lifting weights.

So it turns out legs are PART of stamina work. And no, there is no "obviously weights." Maybe he was doing weights, but there is zero mention of weights.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 05:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: So it turns out legs are PART of stamina work.

Unless there is something more that I haven't seen, Brad clearly separates stamina and legs. And you gain strength in your legs by lifting weights. Of course plenty of other excercises that might cause back pain.

(02-25-2021, 05:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Maybe he was doing weights, but there is zero mention of weights.

There is also zero mention of KP sitting because he is not really injured but a trade is being prepared Smile
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 12:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Remember when the Mavs (allegedly) could’ve traded Beaubois for a lottery pick?
Free Roddy B!!!!

Is it too late to build a package for Chris Paul around Roddy B and picks? 

Quick, Donnie, call up the New Orleans Hornets before it’s too late
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 06:43 PM)omahen Wrote: There is also zero mention of KP sitting because he is not really injured but a trade is being prepared

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 02:02 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: We typically think of that as waiting and being patient as the best way to maximize value.  But, the team knows his knees and his attitude better than we do.  It is certainly possible his value is at its apex right now.  Plus, once these things become public, they have a way of getting away from you.  

My best guess would have been this summer.  If he starts playing again, I’ll stick by that.  But, it wouldn’t surprise me to see it happen sooner if he keeps missing games.  As it relates to Collins specifically, it is MUCH better from a control standpoint to get him now versus later and have his smaller cap hold and RFA rights.
The lightning speed of all this only makes sense if:

1) med staff is convinced his physical issues are chronic 

2) he is locker room cancer 

Once whatever comes public we no longer can trade at apex value. It’s all that really makes sense now that he’s missed all these games
Like Reply
Mavs get Collins and Gallinari 

Wizards get KP

Hawks get Bertans, Advija, Wizards 1st
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 07:29 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Mavs get Collins and Gallinari 

Wizards get KP

Hawks get Bertans, Advija, Wizards 1st

No that is a bad trade seems like that 1st should go to Dallas. 
We are taking on Salary and giving up the best player in the deal.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 08:29 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: No that is a bad trade seems like that 1st should go to Dallas. 
We are taking on Salary and giving up the best player in the deal.
The cat is already out of the bag it seems. I think it’s pennies on the dollar no matter what we do. 

The alternative is probably Wiseman and Wiggins straight up for KP and i wouldn’t be surprised if GSW would want us to throw in a first too. The sharks smell blood. It also would make sense if GSW was the “western exec” with the scarecrow comment to try to lower the price even more
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3otOKFHgcy.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I went into this season thinking this team needed one more PF type who could defend, play make a little, Make some shots, and provide some toughness.  They still need that.

But I think this team is lacking two really good starters.  That PF and a higher quality wing.   DFS and Maxi are both good.  But they are bench players and are best in a bench mob role.  An important role, but not one of your top 5 players imo.  Maybe DFS can be a starter if your other four players are really good, but I like him as a heavy bench player.

The tricky part is how Dallas fills these spots and is capable of keeping either Hardaway(my choice) or Richardson.

So we really need KP to return closer to form and find those players.   Unfortunaly, Mavs don't have a lot of assets right now and if the Mavs call any team they are going to ask for our young players.  And I really don't want to give up either Green or Terry now.  They are our long range developmental guys....Mavs have to be right with both those guys.  

I am really tired of our finesse big guys getting abused too.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 09:40 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: two really good starters

It is killer when your second best player....

1) Doesn't play many games.

2) Hurts the team overall when he does play. 

Just a disaster on that front.
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 09:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It is killer when your second best player....

1) Doesn't play many games.

2) Hurts the team overall when he does play. 

Just a disaster on that front.

Yeah, I am counting a good playing KP too.  So two starters plus a healthy KP.  Maybe if it is KP of the bubble, the rest fall in line.  But this team looked overmatched tonight.
Like Reply
[Image: 8CaDEt.gif]
Like Reply