Poll: Where do you think Porzingis should play for the Mavs to be most successful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
C only, he needs to be the only big
40.91%
9 40.91%
PF only, he needs another big next to him
0%
0 0%
He needs to play both positions for the Mavs to have the most success.
59.09%
13 59.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION: What position will Porzingis play?
https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/statu...2987174912
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I voted center only, but I wouldn't mind seeing some triple tower action with Maxi/KP/Boban at the 3/4/5.
Like Reply
Announcing the starting lineup for YOUR DALLAS MAVS!

Luka/Kleber/Powell/KP/Boban

So KP will be just another big.
Like Reply
I think 2 bigs can work, but if they go that way, I’d much rather see a Giannis/Adabayo type paired with Porzingis, personally. At the end of the day, you either need a big forward who can play like a big when he needs to or a super fast, athletic big who can cover a ton of ground quickly and defend in space when he needs to. 

The main argument against Gobert is financial. A team with 3 maxed players who aren’t guaranteed to be able to play together during the last five minutes of a game is a rudderless, poorly planned team with all sorts of problems we don’t want. 

Utah has ONE player like Gobert, and THEY don’t want to pay him the max, which is what started this whole Gobert business in the first place. They just brought Favors back, and I’ve heard more than one notational observer suggest that this is a move to prepare for a world in which Gobert is not on the Jazz. Again, this is not because he wants to leave, it’s because they don’t want to max him. So, I think it’s debatable whether Gobert is a max player in a vacuum. Arguing in favor of adding him as the SECOND maxed big and the THIRD max player overall seems pretty strange to me. 

If you were somehow able to draft a player just like him and enjoy his rookie contract, or maybe get him as an MLE target, I’d be all about it, because you’d then be free to sit him when you had to. I know this isn’t possible or tangibly helpful, but I just wanted to illustrate my take in a more detailed way. 

I vehemently disagree with the narrative that he would HELP Porzingis on the defensive end in this, the spread pick and roll era, but I can see that this part of the conversation has already become Palestine vs. Israel, with people dug in on both sides. What I’ll attempt to add is this: With Luka, KP and Gobert, you’d have used roughly 80-90% of your cap on three players, only ONE of whom can positively impact the game as a ball-handler. I know defense is important, but I’m sorry - even if I concede that this would help the team’s defense (I definitely do not) that is INSANE team building. 

I estimate the chances that the Mavs are considering this path at 0%. Now, REPLACING KP with Gobert next summer, should KP sustain another meaningful injury this year...that I can see, maybe.
Like Reply
I mostly like supporting it cause I love to read your posts!
Like Reply