Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Gordon Hayward to CHA | 4-year $120 million
People were clowning on Hayward too for opting out of that 34M on the last year of his deal. Looks like his agent knew what he was doing after all
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:38 PM)MrGoat Wrote: People were clowning on Hayward too for opting out of that 34M on the last year of his deal. Looks like his agent knew what he was doing after all
Bartelstein´s client list: Gordon Hayward, Mason Plumlee, Joe Harris, Bobby Portis.

Damn.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 05:23 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:38 PM)MrGoat Wrote: People were clowning on Hayward too for opting out of that 34M on the last year of his deal. Looks like his agent knew what he was doing after all
Bartelstein´s client list: Gordon Hayward, Mason Plumlee, Joe Harris, Bobby Portis.

Damn.

Yup, I noticed 
That guy just climbed few steps in the agents ladder
Like Reply
I wonder if MJ is trying to take a page out of Presti’s book here. Acquire a big name in hopes to rebuild his credit, then sell him off for a package that helps you rebuild. Presti has done it through trades due to being cap strapped, but the principle still remains.

I wonder if the conversation was something like this:

MJ: ring, ring, ring
GH: (picks up phone) Hi Michael, I love you, but I’m hanging up the phone now!
MJ: WAIT! Just hear me out on this.
GH: .................you got 10 minutes.
MJ: OK, that’s all I ask. Hey, did you know that I have 6 titles and am the greatest player that ever played the game?
GH: Yes, Michael, everyone who’s ever picked up a basketball has had that whispered into their ear from the basketball god. You got 9 minutes.
MJ: Alright, alright, so here’s my plan. I can’t figure out this GM thing. Turns out being the greatest player ever is not a prerequisite to being even a halfway decent GM. I really like the thought of what Presti’s doing over there with the picks and the reestablishing of former glory and the playoff basketball and stuff. Here is what I propose to you:
You sign here for as much money as we can give you, let’s say (pulls a number out of the sky) $120M for 4 years. You play as many minutes as you can....AND DON’T GET INJURED! Even if your numbers are ok, I’ll pull some strings in the media with all the credit I’ve built up with them over the years of being such a great player, hey, did I mention to you that I am the greatest player to ever play basketball?
GH: MICHAEL, GET TO THE POINT!
MJ: Ok, gotcha, right, ummmm, where was I?
GH: 4 years $120M is all I heard so far.
MJ: Right, so, I’ll get Chris Broussard to sing your praises regardless of what you’re doing, hopefully it’s true. Then when the time is right, you give me a list of teams you want to go to and I find the right trade t send you to one of those spots. Deal?
GH: Not bad, I think I’m worth at least that anyway, so I’ll shop that offer around. If I have no takers, I maaaaaaay take it.
MJ: OK, that was easy! Hey this GM stuff ain’t so hard after all! Just spend bad money and hope for the best, it’s worked for Presti!
Like Reply
MJ may be the GOAT as a player, but as a owner/executive, he doesn't make the cut.
Like Reply