• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rotation (2020-2021)
(11-23-2020, 07:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Terry
Iwumdu
Green
Hinton
Bey

Blasphemy....

A young and athletic lineup. How dare you.
Like Reply
Luka - Brunson - Burke 
THJ - J Rich - Terry
DFS - Johnson - Green 
Maxi - Powell 
KP - WCS - Bobi 

The far most common lineup last season was Luka - THJ - DFS - Maxi/Powell - KP. Do not see this changing with the players we got. I think we have improved the depth of the team however. 

With time I believe J Rich might displace THJ at SG. But im not so sure.  But I do not think this will happen early on. People here overestimate how good J Rich is, and I do see why as people wish we have made some big acquisition and belief for next season. The truth is that THJ and JRich will compete for the SG spot and although there will be many lineups with both of them playing, I do expect one of the two will emerge as starter. DFS will remain the most used SF as was case last season. 

However, as KP wont start season, in the beginning, I see DFS playing more at PF, and this will mean we will see more THJ and J Rich at the same lineups early in season. Once KP is back, I expect either J Rich or THJ playing and less of both at the same lineup rest of the season as DFS will be more on the wing. 

I see Terry as shooting guard, catch and shoot, and can shoot off the dribble as well. He is our only rookie that has ceiling of a star and I am really excited with this pick. I think he will become a star. eventually He will gain some minutes next to Luka and Brunson.  

I think our biggest surprise next season will be Terry.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 08:01 PM)burekemde Wrote: Luka - Brunson - Burke 
THJ - J Rich - Terry
DFS - Johnson - Green 
Maxi - Powell 
KP - WCS - Bobi 

The far most common lineup last season was Luka - THJ - DFS - Maxi/Powell - KP. Do not see this changing with the players we got. I think we have improved the depth of the team however. 

With time I believe J Rich might displace THJ at SG. But im not so sure.  But I do not think this will happen early on. People here overestimate how good J Rich is, and I do see why as people wish we have made some big acquisition and belief for next season. The truth is that THJ and JRich will compete for the SG spot and although there will be many lineups with both of them playing, I do expect one of the two will emerge as starter. DFS will remain the most used SF as was case last season. 

However, as KP wont start season, in the beginning, I see DFS playing more at PF, and this will mean we will see more THJ and J Rich at the same lineups early in season. Once KP is back, I expect either J Rich or THJ playing and less of both at the same lineup rest of the season as DFS will be more on the wing. 

I see Terry as shooting guard, catch and shoot, and can shoot off the dribble as well. He is our only rookie that has ceiling of a star and I am really excited with this pick. I think he will become a star. eventually He will gain some minutes next to Luka and Brunson.  

You're missing Iwundu there, or maybe you didn't?  Wink
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 08:01 PM)burekemde Wrote: Luka - Brunson - Burke
THJ - J Rich - Terry
DFS - Johnson - Green
Maxi - Powell
KP - WCS - Bobi

With time I believe J Rich might displace THJ at SG. But im not so sure. But I do not think this will happen early on. People here overestimate how good J Rich is, and I do see why as people wish we have made some big acquisition and belief for next season. The truth is that THJ and JRich will compete for the SG spot and although there will be many lineups with both of them playing, I do expect one of the two will emerge as starter. DFS will remain the most used SF as was case last season.

This idea of either JRich or THJ coming off the bench, whether before or after KP's return, is starting to make me angry as an insult to my basketball intelligence, tbqh.

I'll tell you this - if you're right, then the Mavs had at least as bad of an offseason this year as last year. The lynchpin of this year's work was the Seth for JRich (with Tiger as lagniappe) trade - trading a guy who is best off the bench for a bonafide NBA starter. If you're right and JRich can't make the starting lineup, then I will officially deplore the MBT forever.
Like Reply
There is no way J Rich is not starting. He was brought here to play with Luka in the starting lineup. Richardson has been a starter for most of his career and that will continue here. If he isn't starting something has gone horribly wrong. He is a much better version of what the Mavs hoped they were getting last year in Delon Wright. The idea was that Wright would start next to Luka and it never panned out. 

Luka, KP, THJ and Richardson are all locked in starters, I have no doubt about that. The fifth starter could be flexed or it might be DFS. Since KP is out I do think DFS is locked into the starting lineup as the fourth guy. In my view Maxi will replace KP while he is out but who knows.
Like Reply
I don't know enough about Iwundu or Johnson to know where they'll rank in the pecking order, so this is hard, but I'll take a shot.

without KP, early season

Luka / Brunson
JRich / Burke
THJ / Iwundu
DFS / Johnson
Powell / Maxi

After KP's return

Luka / Brunson
JRiich / Burke
THJ / Iwundu
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

Later in the season

Luka / Brunson
JRich/ Terry
THJ / Green
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

And...I'm cheering for Hinton to force his way on to the floor and wreak some havok
Like Reply
I don't get the whole fuss with starter thing. 
Jet was arguably our 2nd best player in championship run (player of the game in the championship game too iirc) and he was coming from the bench while he, Marion & TC were averaging almost same amount of minutes. 
It really didn't matter.

Stevenson was doing great job as a starter, it didn't really matter when at the end of the season he sat to help to get JJ Barea in rhythm. 

If J Rich is logging enough minutes, I really don't care if he is starting or coming from the bench tbh.
Like Reply
JRich will be the starting 2 guard all season if he stays healthy and THJ will be the 3. There's no way they traded for JRich in a bench role.

I think once KP is playing, the lineups will be:
1) Luka/Brunson
2) JRich/Terry
3) THJ/DFS
4) Johnson/Maxi
5) KP/Powell

I see Terry playing because he's a lights out shooter. The other rookies will earn time, but I don't have any ideas to which will play the most right now other than Terry.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:15 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: If J Rich is logging enough minutes, I really don't care if he is starting or coming from the bench tbh.

Sure, true. But JRich is a starter here, unless he plays timid like Delon
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:08 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I don't know enough about Iwundu or Johnson to know where they'll rank in the pecking order, so this is hard, but I'll take a shot.

without KP, early season

Luka / Brunson
JRich / Burke
THJ / Iwundu
DFS / Johnson
Powell / Maxi

After KP's return

Luka / Brunson
JRiich /  Burke
THJ / Iwundu
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

Later in the season

Luka / Brunson
JRich/ Terry
THJ / Green
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

And...I'm cheering for Hinton to force his way on to the floor and wreak some havok

Powell starting seems unlikely. We don´t even know if he can still play on an NBA level. Don´t think the Mavs will just throw him into the starting lineup. If he still has it they will ease him into the lineup.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:15 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: I don't get the whole fuss with starter thing.
Jet was arguably our 2nd best player in championship run (player of the game in the championship game too iirc) and he was coming from the bench while he, Marion & TC were averaging almost same amount of minutes.
It really didn't matter.

Stevenson was doing great job as a starter, it didn't really matter when at the end of the season he sat to help to get JJ Barea in rhythm.

If J Rich is logging enough minutes, I really don't care if he is starting or coming from the bench tbh.

It's fine if he comes off the bench, as long as he is second in minutes only to Luka at the beginning of the season and third when KP returns.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If he still has it
He never had it
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:08 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I don't know enough about Iwundu or Johnson to know where they'll rank in the pecking order, so this is hard, but I'll take a shot.

without KP, early season

Luka / Brunson
JRich / Burke
THJ / Iwundu
DFS / Johnson
Powell / Maxi

After KP's return

Luka / Brunson
JRiich / Burke
THJ / Iwundu
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

Later in the season

Luka / Brunson
JRich/ Terry
THJ / Green
DFS / Maxi
KP / Powell

Powell starting seems unlikely. We don´t even know if he can still play on an NBA level. Don´t think the Mavs will just throw him in the starting lineup. If he still has it they will ease him into the lineup.

So this.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Powell starting seems unlikely. We don´t even know if he can still play on an NBA level. Don´t think the Mavs will just throw him in the starting lineup. If he still has it they will ease him into the lineup.

I don't think they'll throw him in there. He's the hardest working, most disciplined guy you'll find. I have no doubt that he nailed his rehab. I just think the Luka/DP pnr will pick up steam pretty quickly and that Powell will earn his temporary starting spot. Could be wrong. I was right about DFS last offseason. :-)
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Powell starting seems unlikely. We don´t even know if he can still play on an NBA level. Don´t think the Mavs will just throw him in the starting lineup. If he still has it they will ease him into the lineup.

I don't think they'll throw him in there. He's the hardest working, most disciplined guy you'll find.  I have no doubt that he nailed his rehab. I just think the Luka/DP pnr will pick up steam pretty quickly and that Powell will earn his temporary starting spot.  Could be wrong. I was right about DFS last offseason. :-)

Wes Matthews is a hard worker as well and he had zero lateral quickness after the injury.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I was right about DFS last offseason. :-)

I for sure didn't see that one coming. Glad he proved me wrong. Ended up being our 3rd most important guy
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I don't think they'll throw him in there. He's the hardest working, most disciplined guy you'll find.  I have no doubt that he nailed his rehab. I just think the Luka/DP pnr will pick up steam pretty quickly and that Powell will earn his temporary starting spot.

Yeah I am with you in thinking DP is going to surprise a number of people this year. Even with a loss of athleticism I think he will still be very effective as a pick and roll partner.

Who knows.....but I am excited to find out in a month!
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:31 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wes Matthews is a hard worker as well and he had zero lateral quickness after the injury.

True. You probably have the pole position on this. But I think Powell is a different kind of athlete. He's plyable and springy, not just a hard worker. And Wes didn't have anything going for him like that Luka/DP pnr

Plus, this team has a lot of newness to incorporate. Having Powell will be like a blankie for Luka
Like Reply
Powell will be the most successful recovery since The Human Highlight Film.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 10:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:31 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Wes Matthews is a hard worker as well and he had zero lateral quickness after the injury.

True. You probably have the pole position on this. But I think Powell is a different kind of athlete. He's plyable and springy, not just a hard worker. And Wes didn't have anything going for him like that Luka/DP pnr

Plus, this team has a lot of newness to incorporate.  Having Powell will be like a blankie for Luka

Can only hope that you are right. Healthy Powell would be really helpful. I would love to reunite the best bench duo in the league. Maxi and Dwight always were at their best when they shared the floor.

Brunson (taking over from JJB)
Burke
? (probably Iwundu but I wouldn´t mind to see some DFS with the bench guys, meaning that Johnson gets some minutes with KP)
Maxi
Powell
Like Reply