Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RFA: Bogdanovic signs 4 yrs/$72M offer with ATL | SAC does NOT match
Thats an interesting team assembled.

Western confernece will have Suns get in the playoffs for 2020, while Eastern conference will have Hawks get in as well. Thats just too talented of team to miss the playoffs.
Like Reply
(11-24-2020, 09:17 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: Western confernece will have Suns get in the playoffs for 2020, while Eastern conference will have Hawks get in as well. Thats just too talented of team to miss the playoffs.

Hawks had the worst ranked defense in the league last year by a wide margin. Trae put together a clinic on the offensive side, but also turned in one of the worst defensive showings in the history of the NBA. 

I don't know if Bogdan and Gallo fixes that issue. They did grab Snell, Dunn and Capela, but Dunn can't play next to Young, and Capela joins a now crowded front court with Gallinari with John Collins seemingly the odd man out. 

I think the Hawks are definitely contenders for the 8th seed though, but I think their lack of defense sabotages their chances.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Hawks have put together a interesting team. They should make some noise in the East. I don't see Collins as the odd man out, as someone suggested. He's younger than Gallo, and has plenty of upside. Gallo will probably come off the bench , and Boge starts next to Young. Hunter is at SF and Capela at C. Looks like a good starting 5 to me.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...0301858816
Like Reply
Shitty teams in non glamour cities dont get to be picky.  They overpay whoever will come.

Remember us before the Luka jackpot:  Barnes, Mathews, DAJ.  Several people were actually wanting to lock up HB to a long term deal.
Like Reply
I think the Hawks have done a nice job of putting together a defensive second unit that they can mix and match with their defensively awful but offensively dynamic potential starting lineup.

Whether or not they can find the right rotations to mix and match those pieces will be the key for them jumping into the playoff mix.

Trae, Bog, Gallo, Huerter, Collins are all gifted scorers/shooters.

Rondo, Dunn, Reddish, Hunter and Snell give them a good group of capable defenders to throw at G’s and Wings.

The Center position with Capela, Okongwu and Fernando offers some great roll options for Trae and while the on ball defense won’t be great they do present some weak side shot blocking.

They are also positioned well to jump into the trade market with Collins and the newly minted big contracts to Gallo and Bog. They could use Huerter, Reddish or Hunter as young sweeteners and control their draft picks as well.

It will always be tough to build around tiny Trae and his league worst defense but if I’m a Hawks fan I like the potential for this season and the ability to be a big time player in the trade market moving forward.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LeaderOfHorde/status...3511996419
Like Reply
We will finally get to see Luka vs Trae in the finals  Smile
Like Reply
Hawks are definitely a playoff team now. 5-6 seed wouldn't surprise me. They are loaded on offense. Teams can win in the regular season with pure offense. They probably won't advance in the playoffs due to defense.
Like Reply
(11-24-2020, 09:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 09:17 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: Western confernece will have Suns get in the playoffs for 2020, while Eastern conference will have Hawks get in as well. Thats just too talented of team to miss the playoffs.

Hawks had the worst ranked defense in the league last year by a wide margin. Trae put together a clinic on the offensive side, but also turned in one of the worst defensive showings in the history of the NBA. 

I don't know if Bogdan and Gallo fixes that issue. They did grab Snell, Dunn and Capela, but Dunn can't play next to Young, and Capela joins a now crowded front court with Gallinari with John Collins seemingly the odd man out. 

I think the Hawks are definitely contenders for the 8th seed though, but I think their lack of defense sabotages their chances.

They can hope to assemble an outstanding offensive team that just outscores opponents despite lack of good defense. Sort of like Saints some years back.

Its a strategy that might work. But they need Bogdanovic and Gallinari to really play their best offense and the team chemistry to fit. They will be interesting to watch.
Like Reply
Hawks basically did what we failed to do last offseason with our cap space. Good job!
Like Reply
(11-25-2020, 02:43 AM)omahen Wrote: Hawks basically did what we failed to do last offseason with our cap space. Good job!

Thankfully the Mavs are in a better position even after whiffing last year Smile

(11-24-2020, 11:33 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Hawks are definitely a playoff team now. 5-6 seed wouldn't surprise me. They are loaded on offense. Teams can win in the regular season with pure offense. They probably won't advance in the playoffs due to defense.
5-6 seed?? East has MIL, Heat, 76ers, Nets, as the top 4. Then we got Boston, Raptors, and IND. Are the Hawks clearly better than any of those teams?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply