Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Draft Night Prediction Game
Sorry, if I didn´t explain it properly.

Game 1 is basically draft only. We pretend the Mavs stay at 18 + 31, so you only predict, who you think will be available and who the Mavs pick there. No trades allowed or involved.

Game 2 is the emergency in case they do a trade, but then we only predict, which active NBA players they send out and acquire, not how far up and down they go in the draft in the process (if at all). So just pick players that are under NBA contract. This can for example be

Ntilikina for Jackson + #31. Here you´d get points for picking Ntilikina and Jackson.

Could also be THJ + DFS + Curry + #18 + #31 + unprotected future 1st for #10+Kelly Oubre + Mikael Bridges. Here you only get points for picking any of THJ + DFS + Curry + Oubre + Bridges, but not who the Mavs eventually draft at #10.

A mix of both is just too complicated.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1327770303234191360

Coop pretty much says all of this is pointless. 

Board, prove me wrong and see out of the hundreds of pages, IF there is one poster that calls it by Nov 18th.
Like Reply
We're getting CP3 Schroeder Galinari for #18 THJ DFS Jackson...

Just don't tell anybody since I was sworn to secrecy by my source...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
We trading for Kevin Knox????
Like Reply
(11-14-2020, 08:19 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We trading for Kevin Knox????

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I thought Coop might be hinting with the Fort Knox reference.  

I like that he is confident the Mavs have their plans made but will "we" like them?  I still am curious about the Millsap jersey.
Like Reply
(11-14-2020, 08:36 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I thought Coop might be hinting with the Fort Knox reference.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-14-2020, 08:36 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I thought Coop might be hinting with the Fort Knox reference. 

I see your challenge and raise you one. Look who the real target is, it is so obvious Smile 

I know eveRyone's dying to find oUt what the MavS are up to. TruSt me. No matter What you rEad. No matter who'S name is Thrown out there. The people writing amd talking are doing nothing But spitballing. Mavs have theiR true business lOcked dOwn tighter than Fort Knox
Like Reply
(11-14-2020, 08:48 PM)omahen Wrote:

I see your challenge and raise you one. Look who the real target is, it is so obvious Smile

I know eveRyone's dying to find oUt what the MavS are up to. TruSt me. No matter What you rEad. No matter who'S name is Thrown out there. The people writing amd talking are doing nothing But spitballing. Mavs have theiR true business lOcked dOwn tighter than Fort Knox

Delonte West?

Hell, no one's mentioned his name.
(11-14-2020, 08:48 PM)omahen Wrote: I know eveRyone's dying to find oUt what the MavS are up to. TruSt me. No matter What you rEad. No matter who'S name is Thrown out there. The people writing amd talking are doing nothing But spitballing. Mavs have theiR true business lOcked dOwn tighter than Fort Knox

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oeSACW6wi.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
Great idea Mavs2019!

I predict

At #18

Mavs select

1. Devin Vassell
2. RJ Hampton
3. Desmond Bane
4. Kira Lewis Jr
5. Josh Green

At #31

1. RJ Hampton
2. Tyler Bey
3. Robert Woodward III
4. Cassius Stanley
5. Immanuel Quickley

Top 8 trade targets involving picks:

1. Victor Oladipo
2. DeMarr DeRosan
3. Gordon Hayward
4. Zach Lavine
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Otto Porter JR
7. Frank Ntilikina
8. Evan Fournier

Outgoing players list (remember -20 points for each player not in the potential trade):

Delon Wright
Jalen Brunson
Seth Curry
Justin Jackson

Maxi Kleber
Like Reply
18:
Josh Green
RJ Hampton
D. Bane
Jalen Smith
S. Bey

31:
T. Bey
Bolmaro
Oturu
Ramsey
Pokusevski

Trade Out:
Wright
Jackson
DFS
THJ

Trade IN:
Rubio
OPJ
Tobias Harris
Oladipo
Lavine
Al Horford
Like Reply
(11-14-2020, 08:16 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: We're getting CP3 Schroeder Galinari for #18 THJ DFS Jackson...

Just don't tell anybody since I was sworn to secrecy by my source...
Strike one...no Schroeder...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I do not think OKC would trade Green, it makes more sense to just buy him out.

I would think the buyout market is going to be pretty good so I will not trade for Green

The value of the 31 pick is a multi year starter or for use in a bigger and better deal

I assume the Mavericks value that 31st pick a great deal and they should given the financial benefits it brings
Like Reply
Bump
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:47 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Bump
I´ll do it on the weekend, shitload of work to be done.
Like Reply
1. SkenfromLMF 128 points (first choice Green)
2. aguiar95 105 points (second choice Green)
3. SleepingHero 101 points (third choice Terry, only person to pick Ty-Rex)
4. Omahen 98 points (third choice Green)
5. radioaktiv 66 points (fourth choice Green)
6. Scott41theMavs 65 points (fourth choice Green)
7. chaparral 57 points (fifth choice Green)
8. ItsGoTime 45 points (fifth choice Green)
9. jesusshuttlesworth82 45 points  (fifth choice Green)
10. Hypermav 36 points (most points without a correct pick)
11. Mavs2019 23 points (not bad just outside the top 10)
Like Reply
Bump for Dan's thought. Hey, this is a good start for seeing what you want to see I think. The question was asked "What do you think the Mavs will do", not what do you think the Mavs should do. So a bit different than what you're asking.
Like Reply
I notice that a couple of people get bragging rights on having predicted Richardson as our trade target. Thing is, we thought "a trade involving picks" would be a Mavs pick or two going out. I toldja that wouldn't (or shouldn't) happen in a Richardson trade, and it didn't. If Tiger Bay ever becomes an NBA player, that will end up an even more lopsided trade (in spite of the whinging I saw a poster engaging in about the "lateral move" of losing Seth. Noooooooo. Trading a bench player for an exceptionally-well-fitting starter is in no way a lateral move - especially when you got another 2nd rounder back as well).
Like Reply
(12-29-2020, 12:05 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I notice that a couple of people get bragging rights on having predicted Richardson as our trade target. Thing is, we thought "a trade involving picks" would be a Mavs pick or two going out. I toldja that wouldn't (or shouldn't) happen in a Richardson trade, and it didn't. If Tiger Bay ever becomes an NBA player, that will end up an even more lopsided trade (in spite of the whinging I saw a poster engaging in about the "lateral move" of losing Seth. Noooooooo. Trading a bench player for an exceptionally-well-fitting starter is in no way a lateral move - especially when you got another 2nd rounder back as well).

I agree. 

I spent a ton of energy arguing against a Richardson trade involving THJ and picks. I never dreamed they could get him for Curry, and I feel like I would’ve been all about that.
Like Reply
(12-29-2020, 12:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I never dreamed they could get him for Curry, and I feel like I would’ve been all about that.
I wanted him and Omahen, I think, came up with a Curry and pick for him trade. I was on board with that, so I was ecstatic when this was the actual trade.
Like Reply