Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Clutch is slacking.

Trade: TJ Leaf for Jalen Lecque.

Knicks signing Austin Rivers to one year deal.

Trade: Omari Spellman + Jacob Evans + 2nd round pick for Ed Davis.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:05 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Clutch is slacking.

Trade: TJ Leaf for Jalen Lecque.

Knicks signing Austin Rivers to one year deal.

Trade: Omari Spellman + Jacob Evans + 2nd round pick for Ed Davis.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
Mavs have actually a good bit of continuity from last year which should help them. The biggest change is Curry for Richardson. Otherwise you subtracted two guys in Jax and Wright who didn't log a lot of minutes while also getting back Brunson and Powell from injury. Even WCS and Burke represent some continuity since they were here briefly last season. Mavs shuffled the back of the roster but otherwise should be able to pick up where we left off in the playoffs.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:11 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs have actually a good bit of continuity from last year which should help them. The biggest change is Curry for Richardson. Otherwise you subtracted two guys in Jax and Wright who didn't log a lot of minutes while also getting back Brunson and Powell from injury. Even WCS and Burke represent some continuity since they were here briefly last season. Mavs shuffled the back of the roster but otherwise should be able to pick up where we left off in the playoffs.

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
I'm not sure the team will gel as well without Justin Jackson.
Like Reply
2019's post from the last page is epic and getting no attention. Unjust.
Like Reply
Continuity, defense and toughness. That’s what we were missing last year. This year we got it so let’s see how good los mavs will be. Very exciting starting the season so soon. Trying to go through all the offseason emotions in a month is hard. Expecting a 4-5 seed
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:21 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not sure the team will gel as well without Justin Jackson.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-22-2020, 07:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 2019's post from the last page is epic and getting no attention. Unjust.

I could tell it was epic af, but tbh, I had trouble following it.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:21 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not sure the team will gel as well without Justin Jackson.

(11-22-2020, 07:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 2019's post from the last page is epic and getting no attention. Unjust.

Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:28 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 07:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

2019? You mean there was a year before 2020?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330671903724371968
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:39 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330671903724371968

that’s fucked up
Like Reply
Hate to say it, but imo, the team who had the best off-season in the West might've been the Lakers. 

Portland and Dallas also did well, imo, and the Clippers are one PG away from patting themselves on the back, too. I think they might get it done. 

Gonna be a crazy season.
Like Reply
Clearing a roster spot for Marc Gasol?
Like Reply
How did I miss that the Bucks originally offered Connaughton a contract that does not exist under NBA rules. I don´t think the Mavs, Heat or Raptors could have asked for more. Not many ATGs would still sign a max extension after their front office produced such a mess while on the clock.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:22 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Expecting a 4-5 seed

Taking from here. 

Top of West. LAC, LAL and Denver are powerhouses. First two improved, Denver core is young so a certain level of improvement can be expected. However, they were unable to improve at a SG position (Harris), where they had the biggest hole. Portland improved greatly on the paper. They look terrific. These four will be difficult to beat.

Solid playoff teams. I would put Utah, GSW and Dallas here. 

Playoff hopefulls. Houston, Memphis and Phoenix in this tier. Houston is just a little worse, but a ticking bomb. Tucker, Westbrook, Harden are reportedly unhappy. Phoenix made that huge CP3 deal, but followed by meh draft. They covered some holes in FA. I don't think they improved enough to be a tier higher. Can Memphis repeat the very successful season?

Think they are a playoff team but not likely. San Antonio, New Orleans, Minnesota. San Antonio drafted well and mostly kept the group, so they will remain a fringe playoff team. They might start a firesale at TDL if they feel they don't make it. New Orleans built somehow strange team with pieces that don't really fit the idea of modern basketball, but defense will be better than last year. Minnesota put together a very straneg roster. Most of main guys don't play defense, but have big offensive talent. Rubio is very strange decision for this group. They don't have wings and overpaid Beasley. 

Rebuilding: Sacramento. Unless they match Bogi offer from Atlanta, they will be worse. But seems like FO has given new management time to build a team that makes sense. 

G-league: OKC. They might be historically bad. Horford and SGA (I expect Hill gone) are the only serious players on the roster, the rest is a group of guys that barely played up to now. They might be fighting hard, but will just lack quality for something more.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...44481?s=21
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:39 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330671903724371968

I didn't know Cleveland has cap space... This is so they can offer more money to Gasol.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 07:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Clearing a roster spot for Marc Gasol?

And $$$. Enabled them to offer more before going over the cap to sign AD, I think.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/vincegoodwill/status...32288?s=21

This dude had a ton of fans on this board back when he was drafted. Sucks that he got injured. Would love to give him a shot.
Like Reply