Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 04:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:57 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Would focus on a stretch big with the remaining MLE like Ilysova.  Mavs can't just abandon modern floor spacing concepts on one of the many nights that KP is injured or taking the night off for load management.

I wouldn't hate that, either, but to be fair, Kleber CAN play center.

I agree. Our goal of our center slot is defending the most physical player so KP doesn’t have to. We don’t mind having the option for him to, but we don’t want the necessity of it.

That’s what Powell was good at along with the other skills he brought. And Boban is just not more than a gimmicky guy who is awesome at what he is awesome at.

So I agree with the both of you, KP and Kleber CAN play the center. And will. But we need not wear them down by over relying on them. Granted we will have Powell back, and we have the smaller Johnson/Bey in the mix, and the league has gotten smaller, but I still think in 2011 our center depth played a huge role in our championship and want to see us repeat that strategy to some degree. 

So unless we get some kind of stand out player at another position, I’m just waiting to hear who the player is who wants to take on this role at the ~5M salary we are offering.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | "Lots of things flying around right now." - by LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT - 11-21-2020, 05:15 PM