Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 02:28 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: You guys are all overblowing their culture issue.

If some dumb franchise had offered THJ 100/4, he´d have been like, nah I love this Mavs culture so much, I´ll opt into my final year.

Hayward was looking for that last huge payday (before his injury+age-related decline) and his calculated gamble paid off.

Is Ainge a ruthless mofo? Absolutely, but come on now.

Right there with you in terms of signing/keeping players. Money rules.

But in terms of the team reaching its potential? In terms of winning? It still might be overblown, but I think it matters.

@"cow"'s gif game has definitely gone up a notch over the past week.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:31 PM)omahen Wrote: So Bogi is now the only good FA standing (not counting Davis and Ingram, who will resign). NY and Atlanta still with plenty of cap space. Guys like KCP, Ibaka or even Saric might get big offers from New York.

KCP kind of feels like a Knick.  He got a chip so he might as well chase money.  

Curious if there is a bidding war for Bogi right now.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:29 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I would not be upset to gat Batum on the minimum. He's still only 31. I have no idea why he's gotten so bad. But I'd like to grab him and see if you can fix him.

Pretty much just injuries. His career has taken a Parsons like trajectory.

Even at the minimum I'd be hesitant for Batum, but I suppose there's no risk at the min.

One year vet min non guaranteed. 0 risk. 

But I suppose the eating of the roster spot when it's tight makes it tough.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:39 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: One year vet min non guaranteed. 0 risk. 

But I suppose the eating of the roster spot when it's tight makes it tough.

Like you said, the roster spot will be needed with KP out, Powell on minutes restrictions and Bobi on minutes/matchup restrictions. And if the rumor of JJ coming back there is even less room. There is also no end game for Batum either so I don't know why we'd bother.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:44 PM)cow Wrote: Like you said, the roster spot will be needed with KP out, Powell on minutes restrictions and Bobi on minutes/matchup restrictions.  There is no end game for Batum either so I don't know why we'd bother.

When you put it that way, I think the Mavs really do need at least 1 more big on the roster.

KP is going to be out till mid January at least. Bobi can't play every game 20 minutes. I'd be surprised if Powell returns to anything close to what he once was.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...2051318785
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I've been saying 2 big men all week. Not everything I post is stupid, just most of it. :p
Like Reply
Hmm... not sure how this jives with the idea of Bogi going to Atlanta. My guess is that Rondo will end up with the Clippers. But if not, this could get interesting.
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7140471809
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:36 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1330203305394507797

Brad, there’s no need to move another guard. We have given up two playmakers from last year and only gained one and a half. Barea comes here as an insurance option for playmaking.

Minus
- Curry
- Wright

Add
- Richardson
- Terry (rookie, thus .5)
Like Reply
I am in agreement we need 2 bigs preferrably a guy that can play small ball 5 and a true 4. Then we need a true starting 5.
Like Reply
Celtics have to be scrambling.
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...7200082947
Like Reply
Im surprised the Clips arent all over Milsap after losing Green and striking out on Crowder.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:52 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I am in agreement we need 2 bigs preferrably a guy that can play small ball 5 and a true 4. Then we need a true starting 5.

Johnson takes us down to 1 needed, to clarify my position.

(11-21-2020, 02:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Im surprised the Clips arent all over Milsap after losing Green and striking out on Crowder.

They know he wants to be a Mav so why bother?  XD
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:51 PM)LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT Wrote: Brad, there’s no need to move another guard. We have given up two playmakers from last year and only gained one and a half. Barea comes here as an insurance option for playmaking.

You forgot Burke, he only came to the bubble, mainly because Brunson was injured. But I would certainly not count on JJB to play at all. Let him be like Haslem, if they really have to have him
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:56 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 02:51 PM)LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT Wrote: Brad, there’s no need to move another guard. We have given up two playmakers from last year and only gained one and a half. Barea comes here as an insurance option for playmaking.

You forgot Burke, he only came to the bubble, mainly because Brunson was injured. But I would certainly not count on JJB to play at all. Let him be like Haslem, if they really have to have him

Just pay him 2x what you'd offer him as a player to be a coach to ease the pain of the 500 minutes he'd get by being a player on this team.
Like Reply
so anybody left who we like?
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:59 PM)wisco Wrote: so anybody left who we like?

I'm still hoping for a WCS deal that makes sense (very small), but he's probably in for an overpay somewhere else.
Like Reply

I like Baynes personally.
Like Reply

Bogi/Millsap is still in play.

[Image: giphy.gif]

+Baynes
+Boogie (it will never happen but it would fill a rebounding/offensive punch need)
Like Reply

Bogdon Bogdanovic, Paul Milsap, Aron Baynes, Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins, Serge Ibaka, Mavs have been linked to Rondae Hollis Jefferson in the past, Hernangomez, Dario Saric.

Funnily enough, Carmelo Anthony is still available.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 02:56 PM)omahen Wrote:

You make a good point. But I cannot fathom giving up any of our current playmakers to replace them with Barea, unless it were in a trade where we got back an even better playmaker in return for whatever we’d give up.

I like where we sit. I want them to sign a true defensive center on a 1+1(TO) with whatever money is left and call it a day for now. Of course keeping the option open only to make a deal for a player who could improve your starting 5.

Basically I’m good with the deck chairs, and see no reason to re-arrange them. But I’m definitely willing to load up if I can make a gravity changing acquisition.
Like Reply