Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
https://twitter.com/rocketsszn13/status/...3533229058
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 01:14 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ariza???!!!

If he has ANYTHING left, I like that.

(11-21-2020, 01:12 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: OMG I HATE TREVOR ARIZA

They better cut him since he only has $1.8 million guaranteed.

Oh, shit. Is he done? I lost track of him the last few years.
Nah I just dislike him immensely.  Like Marcus Morris levels of dislike.
Like Reply
Any move that keeps me from watching any more Justin Jackson missing a wide open lay up is a win in my book  Smile
Like Reply
What's the draft compensation?
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 01:15 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:13 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: During the draft I actually thought that things would be different this year but nothing beats powder. 3/4 of the MLE won´t net a useful rotation player. The best possible salary matches for trades are gone.

Are you kidding me? 

They literally lead the lead in trade matchable contracts. 

AND THE TEAM GOT BETTER - they're not treading water.

They went all out to clear salary in 2021. Do you want to tell me that 35 year old Ariza is going to help them next season?
They lead the league in expiring deals. I know that some people love them but I prefer cost controlled assets on good contracts and players that actually help on the court.
Like Reply
I'm just waiting to hear about the DRAFT COMPENSATION OKC is supposed to be getting.
Like Reply
This makes more sense.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...9137637378
Like Reply
God I love this move.  We can have a formidable defensive lineup for once.

Luka
J-Rich
DFS
JJ
KP

All of those guys can hit 3's too and three of them can be playmakers.  I love it with all my heart.  Just typing this out made me love it more.
Like Reply
Thank God no Trevor Ariza
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 01:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They went all out to clear salary in 2021. Do you want to tell me that 35 year old Ariza is going to help them next season?
They lead the league in expiring deals. I know that some people love them but I prefer cost controlled assets on good contracts and players that actually help on the court.

Expiring deals are the literal definition of 'tradeable contracts'...flexibility is GOOD. They don't have to wait for them to expire and use the space. They could be setting themselves up for a BAD ASS trade deadline. If they DO let them expire, there are other ways to use the space besides signing free agents. 

POSSIBILITIES are way, way better than signing meh players to bad contracts. I'm sorry, but I don't know what you expected. This off-season has been beyond my wildest imagination. I'm STOKED.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 01:20 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'm just waiting to hear about the DRAFT COMPENSATION OKC is supposed to be getting.

PRESTI TARGETING YOUR PICKS

[Image: Em99x_wVoAAEVdf?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
In an attempt to talk people (me) off of the MLE ledge...
Dallas could start Burke at 120% of the minimum (for a 7 year vet) with 5% raises using the non-Bird Exception

That would be a touch over $8 million in a 3 year total. My hope for the $10 million range anyway.
Like Reply
Did Mavs or Detroit sent OKC the pick?
Like Reply
Fills a need, expires, will murder anyone who steps to Luka, got rid of Delon.
Like Reply
I would think Justin Jackson is the compensation, a young SF on a small deal with bird rights. He can play a lot of minutes in OKC
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6725635075
Like Reply
Fuckin Presti

I knew he was going to trade Adams once they got Horford.  Now watch him completely turn Al Horford's trade value around and get picks for him in a year.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 01:23 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They went all out to clear salary in 2021. Do you want to tell me that 35 year old Ariza is going to help them next season?

Expiring deals are the literal definition of 'tradeable contracts'...flexibility is GOOD. They don't have to wait for them to expire and use the space. They could be setting themselves up for a BAD ASS trade deadline. If they DO let them expire, there are other ways to use the space besides signing free agents. 

POSSIBILITIES are way, way better than signing meh players to bad contracts. I'm sorry, but I don't know what you expected. This off-season has been beyond my wildest imagination. I'm STOKED.

I expected two more rotation pieces instead of the continuation of the Giannis pipe dream. One with the MLE. One through a Wright trade. I wasn´t interested in flexibility I finally wanted to move on and improve the roster step by step instead of plan powder.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 01:26 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I would think Justin Jackson is the compensation, a young SF on a small deal with bird rights. He can play a lot of minutes in OKC

Matching salary is Justin Jackon's role in the trade, I hope it's the compensation but I wouldn't be surprised if a future pick is going OKC's way.  Probably 2022 2nd.
Like Reply
Adams could be fun in NO, too. Not much shooting between him and Zion, but talk about physical.
Like Reply