Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 05:32 PM)sefant Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:28 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't know that there are big injury concerns with Hayward. He had a freak injury that's now a couple years removed and he's looking more like his old self. He would fit much better in the Mavs' offense.
He suffered a horrible foot & ankle injury and needed 12 months to return to a reasonable level.

Now he suffered another ankle injury, came back played five games, averaged 11/4/3, while shooting 40% from the field and 29% from the 3pt line.

And NOW he wants a new big contract. I wonder why?

This is such an obvious play from Hayward´s side. He wants his last big contract, worried that he turns into hot garbage the next time he steps onto a court, thereby ruining all his 2021 FA prospects.

Ainge aside how can people not see through his play. He desperately wants to get paid now, that´s why his agent was pumping out all these articles for months about how awesome and available he is.

This has Parsons 2.0 written all over it. So many red flags.

Ye not sure why the Mavs would even want to extend him early? He is the ideal rental candidate. Play out the season and show what you got.

If not, good luck on the Knicks or ATL.

Exactly. I´d still be un-impressed, but if they extend Hayward immediately, Duffy will start having words with Luka about which beach he likes more Venice or South.

Like those offers from all the lottery teams really exist. Maybe Atlanta does, if their GM is pressured into winning now.

Otherwise why in the world would any rebuilding team offer Gordon Hayward a 60/3 extension NOW, that averages out to 100/4 over the next four years. Ainge already called his bluff. Heck Ainge might already be at work, trying to pump up Hayward´s value in collaboration with Hayward´s agent, spreading all these rumours himself.

(11-17-2020, 05:39 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:18 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Here is a point nobody has touched yet.

Why doesn´t Ainge simply extend Hayward or why doesn´t Hayward wait to sign an extension next summer?

He´s a starter on a title contender after all.

Why does Danny Ainge, one of the league´s leading GMs, decide that he does not want to hand such an extension to Gordon Hayward.

What are his concerns? Cause they should be ours.

I think you're completely missing the larger point. It's Hayward that wants out, even if he has to turn down $34mm to do it. If Horford and Hayward bolt in back-to-back years while Ainge is actively trying to deal Kemba already, the real question is what is wrong with Boston? I'm getting bad vibes from them lately.
 That Ainge is ruthless, looked at his roster, looked at the moves by the Bucks/Nets and decided: gave it a try with Kemba/Hayward. Will never be good enough to win a title. I need different players around Tatum/Brown/Smart.

Well I made my position clear on how I feel about a Hayward trade and extension. Lots of I told you so´s in all your futures, if that deal goes through. Wink
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-17-2020, 05:42 PM