Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 04:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:13 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Hayward averaged 1.7 points per game more than THJ last year and is 3 years older. He's a better defender for sure but THJ is the better shooter. 

I think it's about as close to even value as you can get. And if you say you want THJ because of GH health concerns I can buy that 100%. 

The reason I'd even be interested in Hayward is he gives you comparable offensive production to THJ, better defense and he plays wing. That means more time for Curry and Brunson at the guards. He fits a bit better.

I'm telling you now, once you mix in the idea that Hayward can RUN THE OFFENSE, the comparison ceases to be "equal."

And I DEFEND THJ all the time here.

And what Hayward brings with his defense and playmaking which we do need... THJ brings the shooting advantage over him. THJ made about 2.5 times the amount of 3s GH made last year. 

I think the swap makes perfect sense for both sides. Arguably Boston needs less playmaking and more shooting. And Dallas needs more playmaking and less shooting.

The only reason this is being discussed now is that if you read the tea leaves it would suggest GH is trying to maneuver his way somewhere. He may not even know where either. I do buy he wants out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-17-2020, 04:22 PM