Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 04:31 AM)cow Wrote: Jalen Brunson

You would give up Brunson for 35 year old rental? That is a desperate move and Mavs don't seem to be desperate
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:42 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:31 AM)cow Wrote: Jalen Brunson

You would give up Brunson for 35 year old rental? That is a desperate move and Mavs don't seem to be desperate

Without hesitation.  Not a fan and he doesn't fit my team building motto.  If you aren't  at least 6'4", here is the door.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:46 AM)cow Wrote: Without hesitation.  Not a fan and he doesn't fit my team building motto.  If you aren't  at least 6'4", here is the door.

Mavs obviously doesn't share your opinion, because they would not draft him in the first place, if they did Smile
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:46 AM)cow Wrote: Without hesitation.  Not a fan and he doesn't fit my team building motto.  If you aren't  at least 6'4", here is the door.
Man, Tucker only beats your motto by an inch and he's not even close to a guard.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:52 AM)omahen Wrote:

Mavs obviously doesn't share your opinion, because they would not draft him in the first place, if they did Smile

Mitchell Robinson.  Larkin instead of Giannis.

(11-17-2020, 04:53 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
Man, Tucker only beats your motto by an inch and he's not even close to a guard.

Rules are rules.  Brunson makes Barea look tall.
Like Reply
Here is the deal for Tucker: 

NOLA: Wright, #31
Houston: Jackson, 5 mil cash, #39 (from NOLA)
Dal: Hill, Tucker
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:56 AM)omahen Wrote: Here is the deal for Tucker: 

NOLA: Wright, #31
Houston: Jackson, 5 mil cash, #39 (from NOLA)
Dal: Hill, Tucker

Guess it depends how cheap Houston ownership is, but it if there is a "bidding war" for Tucker that doesn't get it done.  I'd still chase Millsap even if we trade for Tucker.  Maybe trade one at the TDL.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:54 AM)cow Wrote: Brunson makes Barea look tall.
How so? Brunson is 2" taller...

Also, does not pass the eye test, cause Brunson does indeed look taller than Barea.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 05:00 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:54 AM)cow Wrote: Brunson makes Barea look tall.
How so? Brunson is 2" taller...

Also, does not pass the eye test, cause Brunson does indeed look taller than Barea.

It's a joke.  Let's trade Brunson and make Barea a coach so that we never need to have this conversation again.

Seriously though, making safe picks with 2nd rounders drives me nuts.  Brunson is a fine player but his ceiling is a career backup.  Always pick athletic freaks  that are raw but with upside.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:59 AM)cow Wrote: but it if there is a "bidding war" for Tucker that doesn't get it done

Well, I would not be paying more. Perhaps another future first rounder

Edit: typo, of course I meant second rounder
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 05:07 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:59 AM)cow Wrote: but it if there is a "bidding war" for Tucker that doesn't get it done

Well, I would not be paying more. Perhaps another future first rounder

With you.  I guess I could up my offer to 2021 2nd + Brunson.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 05:03 AM)cow Wrote: Let's trade Brunson and make Barea a coach so that we never need to have this conversation again.

Seriously though, making safe picks with 2nd rounders drives me nuts.  Brunson is a fine player but his ceiling is a career backup.  Always pick athletic freaks  that are raw but with upside.
I have no problem trading Brunson for value (rookie contract for a, contributing now, second string PG). Would love to not see JJB in a uniform.

At least they aren't drafting the first player to come out of some country as a publicity stunt. I'm glad they found a player in the second round, that shouldn't be taken for granted.
Like Reply
Yeah if that draft was redone, Brunson would get picked somewhere in the middle of the first 
great pickup
Like Reply
Just woke up and saw 3 of my favorite fits here traded. Bogdanovic, Covington and Holiday. WOW.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/alec_sturm/status/13...00097?s=21
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 07:33 AM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/alec_sturm/status/13...00097?s=21

Zach Lowe also confirmed that comment right after he made it.
Like Reply
Would you trade Wright/JJax/31 for Dipo?
Like Reply
Fudge, a lot of the sexy names are starting to be got. Luckily, the Mavs are still on the come up, as several have said. Obviously the Mavs are working on something behind the scenes in silence as they always do, but dammit, these teams real desperate right now.
Like Reply
Center Andre Drummond will reportedly exercise the $28.7 million option in his contract and remain with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the 2020-21 season, according to Marc Stein of the New York Times.
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JWong041/status/1328695973695025153
Like Reply