Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 10:48 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: That Curry deal last offseason was sweet.

But when Cuban said (paraphrasing):  "Once Kemba was going to Boston, literally our second call was to Delon Wright."  That really pissed me off.   I dont trust the Mavs in free agency until they do something to change my mind.  That's why I dont care about plan powder for 2021.  They'll sit around a week waiting for Giannis to decide while the rest of the free agents get snapped up.  Probably do some stupid cartoon presentation.

Donnie is much better at trades.

Delon Wright wasn't great. No argument there.
Like Reply
I wish Cuban would just admit that 28/30 teams were tampering and me and Mitch Kupchak got caught with our pants down waiting for the moratorium to end.
Like Reply
Well if we wanted Covington, he's off the board. The firesale in Houston has started, though.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1328555067088269314
Like Reply
Jrue to the bucks... 

Holy batman of activity ha.
Like Reply
That Jrue deal could be a gamechanger in terms of convincing Giannis to stay and locking up two of the biggest names next summer. Which could really make things crazy if teams like Dallas and Miami are no longer hoarding cap space.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:35 PM)Tyler Wrote: That Jrue deal could be a gamechanger in terms of convincing Giannis to stay and locking up two of the biggest names next summer. Which could really make things crazy if teams like Dallas and Miami are no longer hoarding cap space.

Hopefully not Tobias Harris-like crazy.
Like Reply
Dragic, Pj Tucker, and the off season is good for me. That's just me, though.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:39 PM)iolide Wrote: Dragic, Pj Tucker, and the off season is good for me. That's just me, though.

Why, you're quite right. It is just you.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:30 PM)vfromlmf Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:23 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Why would OKC trade Rubio? He's a great veteran fit next to SGA.

They may not. I'd think at this point without a team immediately jumping into take him the most likely scenario is they keep him and hope he pulls a Chris Paul and ups his trade value.

I think it's way more likely this happens. Last year folks wanted to Presti to trade everyone meanwhile they actually finished with a better record than the Mavs and only lost game 7 to the Rockets by two points. OKC wants to be good.

- Green is a huge upgrade over Dort

- Paul is a huge loss but fans think SGA is ready to take the next step. Backfilling Paul with Rubio is a great move.

- Oubre replaces much of Schroeder's scoring

I really like what the Thunder have done so far ....

I think this is one of the more insightful posts of the day.  They don't have to tear it down to the studs to rebuild because they aren't dependent on their own picks being good via tanking...at least not yet.  They need to sell tickets and stay relevant while also selling the hope of a bright future.  This looks like a .500 team at least plus it has a lot of future assets.

Unfortunately, if you are right, it takes a ton of Dallas related trade possibilities off the table.
Like Reply
Son of a....
Like Reply
Milwaukee just exhausted all the remaining assets it has... 

That move reeks of desperation. 
If Giannis doesn't sign that extension I feel bad for them. That's 10 years of terribleness guaranteed.
Like Reply
Dammit, I need Mavs news now.https://gph.is/g/ZYmdBYw
Like Reply
If it wasn't clear already, Houston blowing it up. That seems like decent value in return for RoCo. If Portland lands Millsap, that's a nice squad. Probably going all in before they have to blow it all up in the next few years.

We aren't going to hear Mavs news until after the draft most likely. Our biggest chip needs to be drafted before it can be traded.
Like Reply
Finally got caught up with the board and then things start happening.  Need sleep.
Like Reply
I like Jrue and all and I get way the Bucks did it as that's easily an upgrade but that seems like a massive overpay.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:45 PM)iolide Wrote: Dammit, I need Mavs news now.https://gph.is/g/ZYmdBYw

What are you talking about? You just got a ton of Dallas news. We didn't didn't get Jrue Holiday, and we didn't get Robert Covington.

(11-16-2020, 11:49 PM)cow Wrote: I like Jrue and all and I get way the Bucks did it as that's easily an upgrade but that seems like a massive overpay.

Of course it's a massive overpay.

That was how ferocious the bidding war must have gotten over Jrue Holiday. Pels going Presti.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:49 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Of course it's a massive overpay.

That was how ferocious the bidding war must have gotten over Jrue Holiday. Pels going Presti.

I should have also said , I don't think it's going to work or rather get them a championship. Giannis is one step closer to Riley.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:49 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 11:45 PM)iolide Wrote: Dammit, I need Mavs news now.https://gph.is/g/ZYmdBYw

What are you talking about? You just got a ton of Dallas news. We didn't didn't get Jrue Holiday, and we didn't get Robert Covington.

(11-16-2020, 11:49 PM)cow Wrote: I like Jrue and all and I get way the Bucks did it as that's easily an upgrade but that seems like a massive overpay.

Of course it's a massive overpay.

I don't think it was a bidding war. I think Milwaukee just said lets go all in. They weren't even linked. And you weren't hearing anything close to that type of deal from anyone else in talks.
Like Reply
I see two new potential landing spots for Delon Wright. Milwaukee and Phoenix could both use a backup guard, and they aren't going to care about adding 2021 salary.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 11:53 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 11:49 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Of course it's a massive overpay.

I should have also said , I don't think it's going to work or rather get them a championship.  Giannis is one step closer to Riley.

The speculation on the twittersphere (Stein and others) is that Giannis has already informed them he's signing the supermax.
Like Reply