Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-16-2020, 01:33 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:07 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The thing ab #18 is I wouldn't overrate the value of the player you get there. This is supposed to be a weak draft so 18 might get you a project that can't play or a meh borderline player. I still expect 18 to be traded for some kind of player upgrade while also dumping Wright's deal and probably Jackson's as well.

Now you've outed yourself. You just hate the 18th pick in this draft. You just see it as some hot potato to dump. It is to you what Powell is to Dougie.

With that in mind, I'm placing every single trade suggestion you make that includes the 18th pick on a mental ignore.

I am okay with 18 but I don't know draft prospects. I think people who are really into draft prospecting (gazes into Kamm's direction...) tend to overrate these guys. I am not running the Mavs FO but I know sometimes for 18 you get something really good and sometimes you get a Delon Wright, Justin Jackson type.

(11-16-2020, 01:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: In a rumor from Knicks school. I wouldn't trade DFS for Oubre, I don't think there's been enough to corroborate that idea.

Ok, good to know that you wouldn't do that. I was getting worried about you. 

And yes, Knicks school was where that came from, but that's ALSO where ANY idea of Dallas being involved came from, and what prompted everyone else to ask around and corroborate ANY of this.

Man I don't agree with this. Mavs are linked to tons of guys right now. It doesn't mean anything. We know generally what types of guys they are interested in but its honestly hard to narrow it down bc they have been linked to like a dozen or more guys.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16, 11am) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-16-2020, 01:50 PM