Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-15-2020, 11:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 11:35 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: They are horrible trade/FA market evaluators, especially whent it comes to veterans

You say this after the Mavs traded for a 20 year old phenom for a balding midget and a unicorn bigman for expiring contracts in 2 years?

Honestly, if anything the ONE good skill Donnie has is trading. Sure, he's gotten burned a couple of times, but what GM hasn't? It takes two to tango and in every legendary trade for a team, there is another on the opposite end of that deal. 

The DAJ contract (I assume you mean the 2nd time they tried to sign him), was just a 1 year deal that mimicked the last year of his original deal because LAC didn't want to trade him to the Mavs, so the Mavs worked around it. DAJ (along with Wes and DSJ) then turned into KP and THJ not even 6 months later.

The fact that Woj is reporting so matter of factly that the deal is essentially done between LAL and OKC, odds are there is no 3rd team waiting to take Danny Green. And I buy that because DG is exactly the kind of guy OKC would want to reclimate and flip into even more assets. 

Mavs have consistently shown the ability to grab value vets that have helped them stay competitive for many years. I don't know why we always have to bash the front office and never highlight their good parts.
Sorry I can´t give the Mavs too much credit for (probably) getting the better of James Dolan in a trade. Porzingis hasn´t proven the required health yet to make a final call.

Yes the Thunder rebuild players and flip them later, unless they receive an offer immediately that is too good to turn down. Furthermore Green is expiring, so waiting won´t work that well in this case.

Look I don´t hate it, if it´s Wright + #31 for Green, mainly because Green is an expiring contract, but we always overrate veteran value imho.

It´s also a sign of weakness to come back begging these roleplayers. You want to be a Maverick: Yes or No? No, well then piss off. This was your one chance. It´s not even that we bend over backwards for stars. No, we get trolled by washed-up roleplayers.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-15-2020, 11:58 AM