Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-15-2020, 02:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: With Luka's meteoric rise to MVP caliber player, the Mavs are legit contenders. They can take the next step and make a deep playoff run next year just with Luka and KP. 

I agree with the overall take in this post, but you might want to pump the brakes on this part. 

We now know that the Clippers were a mess and didn't even want to be there. If we're being real, this should have an impact on how we view the series in hindsight. It literally got their coach fired. I watched every playoff game once the Mavs were eliminated, and there wasn't a single second round team that I can confidently say the Mavs would beat in a 7 game series as presently constructed (unless Houston blows it up). They still need to add a lot of talent, and even then it's going to take a few years for it to gel. 

I think they're firmly ensconced as a playoff team, and if they have a great regular season and earn a high seed I can see them trouncing a low seed in the first round, maybe. But either LA team? Golden State? Man, I don't think so, and they'd have to finish better than 6th to avoid one of them in the first round, probs. 

I think the sky is the limit for the next 10 years, but it might be happier around here if we all manage our expectations a bit.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-15-2020, 05:42 PM