Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(09-22-2020, 04:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 04:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Ha, thanks.

But back to THJ. When I was expressing my angst about him earlier, I forgot to mention the playoffs. Note, it is DANGEROUS to draw many conclusions from a 6 game sample (and that is what the playoffs were for the Mavs), but THJ's shooting dropped 4% from three to 35% and his on/off just plummeted. It is the same thing that happened in 18-19 in his first stint with the Mavs. It feels like THJ has to shoot like 40% from three to break even as a player. It terrifies me to bet on that.

That's an interesting perspective. 

I'm just operating under the assumption that he's on his way towards spending the rest of his life flourishing as a Korver/Reddick/Robinson type, but yeah, if the shooting is temporary, then he doesn't do much for you.
Right? If all Hardaway and Curry amount to is Robinson and a lesser Herro, well we have a better version of Dragic. All of these players are winning players in the 3 point era. I believe Spoelstra said recently he sees a 6 man rotation late in games. Dragic, Herro, Robinson, Butler, Crowder, Bam. Seems like some would say Dragic Herro Robinson Crowder Bam on the floor would be too small. But it works so it’s not stupid. They’re playing team defense. We have similar personal to do what they do. Nothing wrong with Rick running 3 guards.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Jason Terry - 09-22-2020, 05:21 PM