• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...0576812035

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status...5893171208

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1298724949473935363

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status...2417734657
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 03:55 PM)omahen Wrote: I just don't get it, world is going crazy. What do they even want? Are they in power to be the judge in a specific criminal case like Blake shooting? Are they in power to pass sentences based on some media news? Crazy!

OK, omahen, let's see if we can do this. I think you're question is potential boycott related. Realizing it will be impossible to answer your question and completely remove the wider topics from the discussion. So I'm going to either walk the line on the suggestions I made above, or go over the line a little. Le'ts see.

"What do they even want?"

They ultimately want for a long standing wound to be healed, and centuries old injustices to be addressed. But today, they are hurting because another black man was shot by police and are they considering using their platform to voice their heart break, anger and disapproval. They want to contribute.

"Are they in power to be the judge...."

A potential boycott has nothing to do with due process in determining the fate of the police officer who shot Jacob Blake. It has everything to do with attempting to express themselves regarding a growing tiddle wave of reaction to, not only police officers shooting black people, but to injustices and wounds that started in this country with slavery, and that have never fully or adequately been addressed or healed.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/statu...9514196994
Like Reply
Why couldn't this have all happened YESTERDAY
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote: OK, omahen, let's see if we can do this.

I will not continue. I guess for me as a foreigner, it is just impossible to understand the situation, the feelings and reasons behind the decisions made. I also can't understand how boycott would help solve anything and I think the league will suffer long term financial consequences of this decisions, as it can be clearly seen from forums how split the fans reactions are regarding the problem. 
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/harrylylesjr/status/...7834963968

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1298735689450881024
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:23 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote: OK, omahen, let's see if we can do this.

I will not continue. I guess for me as a foreigner, it is just impossible to understand the situation, the feelings and reasons behind the decisions made. I also can't understand how boycott would help solve anything and I think the league will suffer long term financial consequences of this decisions, as it can be clearly seen from forums how split the fans reactions are regarding the problem. 

Yeah, omahen, it's not like these issues are easy for anyone, foreigner, or US citizen. The thoughts I shared with you are mine and there are likely folks who would take me to task for how I talk about these things who are pro and anti protest, boycott, etc. Regarding "how (a) boycott would help solve anything", I think things have to happen outside of the NBA world for this to get "solved". And it may never get solved. But my guess is that the way a boycott could help accomplish what the players want to accomplish is to allow players to use their platform to shine light on injustice towards black folks in the U.S. Another guess by me is that many players and other NBA folks consider the current trend and opportunity to do something about a wound that's hundreds of years old is bigger than basektball.
Like Reply
Shams

“Bucks players are in locker room attempting to reach the attorney general of Wisconsin, Josh Kaul, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Magic players are leaving the arena soon -- not accepting the Bucks‘ forfeit.”

What could they possibly say to him that would make a difference? I get idea behind the protest, and understand why they are upset, but this seems delusional.
Like Reply
It´s hard to wrap your head around the scenarios that play out in cases like Blake. Seems like such a nothing situation.

I´m not a rocket scientist nor a criminal professional, but I doubt either would start a gunfight in the vincinity of their three children.

At best these cops are awfully trained and clearly not fit for the job physically or mentally.

At worst they are cold-blooded cowboys.

Either state should not be acceptable.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:44 PM)Darth Cuban Wrote: Shams

“Bucks players are in locker room attempting to reach the attorney general of Wisconsin, Josh Kaul, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Magic players are leaving the arena soon -- not accepting the Bucks‘ forfeit.”

What could they possibly say to him that would make a difference? I get idea behind the protest, and understand why they are upset, but this seems delusional.

Because the Bucks players could do a major number on the state's economy and morale and thus force his hand politically.
Like Reply
I used to think we believed in due process but I guess a 30 second video posted on social media is the new "due process" and instant hot takes will take the place of a judge and jury.
Like Reply
For those who want to discuss the political side of this topic use this thread...

https://www.qabickcents.com/dallasbasket...hp?tid=541
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:49 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I used to think we believed in due process but I guess a 30 second video posted on social media is the new "due process" and instant hot takes will take the place of a judge and jury.

I think there are those who believe that "due process" and a fair "judge and jury" do not exist for them. Hence there is the desire to find justice through another route since the current one is broken from their perspective.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:49 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I used to think we believed in due process but I guess a 30 second video posted on social media is the new "due process" and instant hot takes will take the place of a judge and jury.

We're not in the midst of a trial. No one is asking for a short curcuit of due process. Are they? If folks are protesting because they want the officer arrested, that's not the same thing as protesting because they want an immediate sentencing.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

I think there are those who believe that "due process" and a fair "judge and jury" do not exist for them. Hence there is the desire to find justice through another route since the current one is broken from their perspective.

Yup attacking random bystanders, buildings, officers and setting cars on fire is a great way for everyone to enjoy justice.

(08-26-2020, 04:52 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

We're not in the midst of a trial. No one is asking for a short curcuit of due process. Are they? If folks are protesting because they want the officer arrested, that's not the same thing as protesting because they want an immediate sentencing.

I don't really know what the mob wants other than "justice" but it's not clear to me what winning looks like.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

Yup attacking random bystanders, buildings, officers and setting cars on fire is a great way for everyone to enjoy justice.

Of course it's not!!! It's possible to believe that both voilent protesting is wrong, and also that there is a problem with how Jacob Blake was policed!! Mr. Blake's mom even holds that position. To believe that justice should be served on one hand does not mean that you believe violent protests are ok.

(08-26-2020, 04:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't really know what the mob wants other than "justice" but it's not clear to me what winning looks like.

I think you gotta seperate the players' response from the violent protests. They're aren't the same thing.
Like Reply

This was exactly my point. I took 10 minutes after the game yesterday to check this Blake "case" and there is far more contradictual information than shown in that first wave of media news. Let's lynch the cops involved and everything is ok?
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:56 PM)omahen Wrote: This was exactly my point. I took 10 minutes after the game yesterday to check this Blake "case" and there is far more contradictual information than shown in that first wave of media news. Let's lynch the cops involved and everything is ok?

Do the players want to "lynch" the cops?
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:52 PM)fifteenth Wrote: If folks are protesting because they want the officer arrested, that's not the same thing as protesting because they want an immediate sentencing

I am getting caught up in it again Smile Even a request for arrest of the officers is a request beyond normal procedures and their bypass. It's judgement based on social media. As far as I could see, the case is investigated and police officers suspended.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:44 PM)Darth Cuban Wrote: Shams

Because the Bucks players could do a major number on the state's economy and morale and thus force his hand politically.
I assume there are rules and protocols that must be followed, and the economic impact of a game being played in Orlando is not a part of that.
Like Reply