Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(06-22-2021, 03:08 AM)juanc Wrote: Ok I know that KP is the hot potato in the Mavericks(fans) hands, and everybody wants to get rid of him, but hear me out.

First of all, his value is at an all time low, and that wouldbe just poor asset management. I think that the Mavs are one of the poorest franchises when it comes to assets(OK we have Luka, but we know he isn't getting traded - like having the biggest gold coin in the kingdom, but other than that, you are struggling to find food Big Grin ). But things change in the NBA fast.

This will also be the first offseason in 3-4 years, where KP won't be recovering from an injury, and will have all the time to work on his game(Also Latvia isn't playing in any qualifiers this summer). And KP also knows he needs to evolve his game. A big factor here is also him getting more comfortable with his knees(that was a big reason, at least IMO, he wasn't the KP we used to see in 19/20(at least after january and in the bubble).
In his first three offseasons in the NBA, before the injuries, he allways added something to his game, and I belive this will also be the case this year.

And also there is a new head coach comming to Dallas. This can go both ways, but I think we have seen KP in his lesser role(as a spot up shooter), and there is just no way he'll get even less touches.

So when I look at all the facts, I think that this is(barring another injury) KP's rock bottom value. He still has value as a floor spacer, one little thing I hope he can add to his game is the offball around the basket game(kind of like Capella has(He has shown some flashes in the PO's when our favourite playmaker Boban feed him from the elbow).

I belive there is a bigger probability of KP at least restoring/getting back a little bit of his value, than there is of him loosing it. Heck even loosing one year on his contract is adding value Big Grin

Great post and thoughts.

Counterpoint:  While his value is low, it could go lower.  He's on an expensive contract that most are going to hesitate to trade for due to injury concerns.  Equal return for what we paid to acquire KP will never happen.  If he has a knee injury, you will probably be stuck with his contract for another three years.  A new coach could help but if Luka doesn't get KP more involved in the offense, KP is going to ask for a trade (further lowering his value).  We know Luka and KP don't mesh together on the court and there are grumblings that they might have personality conflicts off the court.  

I think KP has gotten a pretty raw deal with the Mavericks all and all.  He shares some blame of course but if I could get a reasonable trade offer for him, I wouldn't think twice.  In return for him, we are probably looking at a pu pu platter, equally bad contract or another flawed star.

I just don't see a happy ending here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 10-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by J0n - 12-10-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-12-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-26-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-28-2021, 03:23 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by MFFL - 02-22-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-23-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 04:27 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - by cow - 06-22-2021, 04:27 PM