Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
Hello – long time lurker, just signed up here.

I think regardless of what anyone thinks about KP's fit here, it seems clear to me that KP himself isn't happy. How long does Dallas endure that while Luka is already performing at a championship-caliber level? 

If his attitude/body language on the court was a little less sullen, I could see maybe the MBT wanting to keep him for another year. It's possible, for instance, that he's still needing a little more time to regain strength & mobility after last years knee injury. 

But that hardly matters. KP (this is just eye test/anecdotal) seemed frustrated and/or bored on offense all year. Unless, of course, the rare games where Luka was injured or resting, and KP got to be 'the man'. Then he looked more comfortable. 

For that reason I think Rick, to some degree, has failed. KP is talented, and he should've found a scheme where Luka is Luka but where KP feels comfortable. Offensively, I mean. Defensively, I'm not sure what anyone could do with KP the way he's played this year. 

Also, Rick can't make those 10-ft turnaround shots for Kristaps, can he? If he wants to get the ball more instead of being a spacer on the perimeter, KP needs to make shots in that range. Maybe he does, and the misses are so ugly I just think he misses them a lot. But it sure seems like his touch near the basket or at mid-range is not good enough. He's no Dirk – or even Boban – in that sense. KP could also not cough up the ball every other time he puts it on the floor down low.

It's been maddening. If he was playing 75% up to his potential on both sides of the floor, Dallas would be a WCF-type team already. Luka is that effing good.

I don't know very well the rules on cap space, trades, and contracts etc. So this may be a totally dumb suggestion....But Pelicans also want Markannen, right? 

I think I read that somewhere. Anyway, if they do, they might also find KP enticing. I think I'd trade KP and JRich for Lonzo and Steven Adams. I guess there would be some sign-and-trade to make that happen – I think. Do y'all think that's crazy? 

Lonzo's eFG% is better than J-Rich, as his 3-point shooting this year was excellent. Not sure if his playmaking and Luka's mesh, but gosh that's a lot of court vision. Most importantly defense simply has to be better than JRich's was this year.

Steven Adams is a really good defender, and a banger. We could use that, considering WCS and DP give you finesse options, anyway. Rebounds the same as KP, and is more durable, too. To me, that's a trade that makes us MUCH better defensively without sacrificing much on offense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 10-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by J0n - 12-10-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-12-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-26-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-28-2021, 03:23 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by MFFL - 02-22-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-23-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 04:27 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - by JREwing - 06-01-2021, 04:28 PM