Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(05-01-2021, 04:51 AM)Thukydides Wrote: Strongly disagree here. It's all about value (performance/salary). And of course the truely untradeable guys, who noone would ever consider moving are only maybe 3-5 in this league. Even guys like Curry. Don't you think, Warriors would move him in a split second, if Mavs offered Luka. Of course they would. If you can get more value than Brunson offers, you do it. If you can get more value than KP offers (or is projected to offer - I should add), you do it. Certainly this can go terribly wrong sometimes (J-Rich for Seth). Still it's worth the consideration in most cases

I'm not against doing trades, I'm aware it's the greatest strength of the Mavs FO.  Dirk, Kidd (2nd run), Tyson, Luka, KP, and some other players probably wouldn't have ended up here if we didn't trade for them.

If you notice though, the Mavs always try to trade with the mindset and confidence of getting the best player out of the deal.  Even in the failed Rondo trade, Mavs FO (and we) thought we were getting an All-NBA PG.  

In the KP situation, if the trades suggested here were to be followed, we'd end up getting a lesser talent.  And back to my point, give it 3 months and I bet that the new guy is our next favorite trade offering around here.

(05-01-2021, 05:42 AM)Branduil Wrote: Yes clearly the problem since 2011 is with the fanbase having too high expectations and not the abject failure of the front office to acquire a worthy star next to Dirk until he was taking his retirement lap.

LOL so childish, but here: I do believe they could have done better but I temper my expectations based on what options they have at hand.  We aren't a choice destination, and 2010s-2020s is the age of super teams.  Unless some megastar schemed with another to set up shop in Dallas, it's hard to win it all anyway.  A few exceptions:

- 2020 Lakers, although they still got there by collusion.  This was also the lone year of parity with no 3 all-NBAers in a single team in the last 11 years.
- 2019 Raptors, aided by GSW injuries.  And they are even worse than us right now.
- Some Texan team in 2011.

So whining about past seasons that we probably wouldn't have won hold little value to me.  Sure, I wanted them to have gone harder in some instances like when they could have gotten Giannis in the draft, maybe TJ Warren from PHX, and S. Bey over Green in the last draft, but I suppose I'm also happy they didn't do most of what we wanted them to do - I don't think we'd have been successful with teams featuring Dwight Howard or board favorite Otto Porter Jr as our 1st/2nd options.

The present situation, is the call to trade KP.  Let's say a trade happens:

(a) we settle for a lesser talent as mentioned above, and this time unhappier because we have a someone with less trade value.  Maybe we get someone with less contract years, but it probably won't help the mood.
(a.1) a healthy KP helps his new team win a series with a string of 30pts / 15reb games.  People are already comparing Seth vs Josh, so expect KP vs new guy if new guy doesn't win us a series.
(b) we take a flier on a young, unproven talent.  There is also a b1 scenario here similar to a1, though we'll probably have a little more patience with the young guy.
© someone like Kawhi engineers something to team up with Luka plus another star from somewhere in DAL.  Dream scenario, but pipe dream.
(d) we get someone who has issues - injured or unhappy.  Maybe Beal if he got fed up in WAS.  But for this scenario, it's at best months away so if we're hellbent on trading KP in the offseason, one of (a) or (b) is going to happen - which means we'll be back to exactly where we are now.

I would be happy to be wrong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 10-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by J0n - 12-10-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-12-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-26-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-28-2021, 03:23 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by MFFL - 02-22-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-23-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 04:27 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - by radioaktiv - 05-01-2021, 06:52 PM