Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
Count me in the club that doesn't buy the theory of KP relationship destroyed. In the first place, because it is a situation most likely everyone will lose.  Here is how I see it.

1. Luka will lose. First they sold all their vets (Jordan, Matthews, Barnes) and rising star DSJ, because they couldn't play with Luka. Now they are selling KP because he can't play with Luka. Or is it perhaps Luka that is the problem? He is an immature, ball hogging wannabe star. Lesser version of Harden and he needed 10 years before realizing he can't do it alone. I can go on and on, the stories write themselves...

2. KP loses. He is a primadona who isn't satisfied anywhere. High maintenance, idiot brother. He got his huge contract and started sulking. Happened in New York, happened in Dallas and will happen wherever he goes. It's not like Mavs treated him badly. Gave him max contract before he played a minute for them. Patiently waited for him to come back from injury, patiently waited for him to get back into shape only to injure himself again. And then he dares complain. Its not like he doesn't get the ball. And if sharing and moving the ball is the problem, he can just look at his assists number and compare that to Luka. Stories write themselves. Not to mention the biggest breaking news for KP - you are not satisfied being the beta with Mavs but you think you will be more important next to Curry, Thompson, Green and the rest? Or next to Beal and Westbrook? Yeah, once they trade both of them... I doubt there is a team that would trade for KP to make him their alpha. 

3. Mavs lose. KP is their biggest investment. If he goes, the reputation of the team and their biggest star will be most likely damaged badly (look above for the stories that write themselves). Even if they get equal value back, they will have much harder time building the team. 

4. It is in everyones best interest to make this work. Luka was not a heliocentric player before coming to Dallas. I am sure Mavs listen very carefully to what KP has to say and try to serve him as best as they can. He is their biggest investment. Bigger investment than Luka.

5. What would the potential buyer get from getting to the media? Is that really a way to force the Mavs or is that a way to break negotiations? Mavs are still in full control of KP. Sure he can force himself out, but neither of those guys (Davis, Harden) was sold for pennies on the dollar. Their teams knew it is game over and waited until fair offer was on the table. Why would Mavs sell him for pennies on the dollar, just because the relationship is broken? I don't think GMs care about what is written in the media and make their decisions based on newspaper articles. I don't think Mavs are moved if a couple of bad things are written about KP and it doesn't make them rethink their valuation of him.

6. Sure, people sometimes make irrational decisions. I surely hope this is not the case with these guys involved, It would be a big setback for Mavs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 10-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by J0n - 12-10-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-12-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-26-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-28-2021, 03:23 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by MFFL - 02-22-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-23-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-26-2021, 04:27 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | Would you trade him? - by omahen - 03-05-2021, 07:15 PM