Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
THJ doesn't play defense nor does he snatch up double digit rebounds. Last I checked KP was top 5 in blocks and top 3 in altered shots at the rim and in top 5 discussion for defensive player of the year so far. At least KP has been consistent on 1 half of the court. THJ was consistently bad on both sides for the larger part of the last few years. KP can score 0 points and still be more important than THJ out there as long as he's playing excellent defense as he's been doing.

Todays game

THJ 8 points in 30 minutes on 30% shooting from the field with 2 rebounds and 1 assist (In 30 minutes!!!!) lol Also a plus minus of 0 worst on the team (We literally played way better when he was on the bench)  Timmy went 0-7 from 3 today.
KP 15 points in 27 mins on 45% shooting from the field with the highest plus minus of the starters +12 (Only second to team high D Warp)

Also that Suns game which was probably KPs worst offensive game of his career, he was still a positive on the plus minus again highest of the starters where is THJ was a -1  THJ had a really strong shooting game percentage wise too but he had literally 0 assists in almost 37 minutes! and got cooked on the defensive end.

That suns game was literally the best opportunity to dog KP and pump up THJ and it still showed on the box score, +/- and win shares who was more important on the floor.

Timmy had 8 pionts 1 rebound and 1 assist in 30 minutes the game before that on 37% from the field and 25% from 3 with a -13.
Dude has a total of 2 assists in the 3 last games!!! That's less than 1 assist per game average good grief! He started and he's played 33 minutes per game average!!! He makes Barnes look like a savant on the assist game lol.

I can't figure out if this dude "Fuerza" is either a troll or a secret account from Timmy himself since all he does is hate on guys like Seth who was endangering his starting job and now KP having a shooting slump to keep the heat off of him. lmao its really weird to see people post like he does and question if he's really serious or not hahahaha.

All that said I like the turn THJ is making by taking less awful forced shots. He's had a bad shooting night 2 out of the last 3 nights but I have hopes he can continue to grow and find ways to move better without the ball to get himself better looks. Dude worked his ass off this summer and I'd like to see him continue to be rewarded. Even though his on ball defense has been bad he's found ways to get some good passing lane or off ball steals. Any effort on the defensive end is going to go a long way. He does however need to pass the ball better. His Dirkie he earned the other night wasn't just cause he had 30 points it was cause he pulled in 5 boards and 5 or 6 assists and didn't have a defensive assignment that was going to get him cooked. I'd love to see him continue to grow in our offense and become a serious weapon for us!

KP needs to get out of his head and lock in the gym and shoot till his arms are noodles the next few off days. He will get his groove again. My only major issue with KP this early (Giving him time to get his new role figured out) is that he plays soft af. I get it that he was a frail guy who played a real finesse style for so long but he's bulked up and has to get bigger in his head as well. At his size and athletic ability he could be Giannis with a deadly 3 pointer. He has to lift weights in his head and get some edge to himself for us to really because scary. I think he can do it but I doubt it comes this season. Also he needs to work his post game like Dirk learned late on. Dirk used his body to bump defenders creating a little space then using the legendary one legged fade to maintain shooting freedom from being blocked. KP is taller with a higher release and can jump higher. This should be a common sense move. Every other great star has practiced it and tossed it in their repertoire.

Good news is we have plenty of time going forward assuming everyone stays healthy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 10-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Lucky Luciano - 12-01-2019, 08:26 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 12-03-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by J0n - 12-10-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by Jym - 12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 02-12-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-26-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by cow - 01-28-2021, 03:23 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by RDB - 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis - by loki - 02-15-2021, 07:24 PM