Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(11-06-2019, 10:15 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske...story.html
"Following the trade, the Knicks privately pushed the idea that Porzingis’ older brother and agent, Janis, was a demanding nuisance. To quote a story in the wake of the blockbuster, “Janis wanted the kingdom.” If that’s the case in Dallas, though, it’s hard to fathom. Janis, according to a source, is living overseas and not even with KP in Dallas. Asked Tuesday if he’s experienced any intrusiveness from Porzingis’ brother, Carlisle said, “No. We’re thrilled to have KP here. We’re also really glad to have Valdy as part of our staff.”

Like Reply
(11-05-2019, 05:12 AM)meistermatze Wrote: Well am I the only one who is concerned about the obvious lack of chemistry between him and Luka?

In a word .. yes.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/pV4iK10McKU

Kristaps about his rehab and start to the season. Interviewed after the magic game.

Sounds like he is in his head and still trying to come to terms with his mortality. 

That's what the loss of a loved one or a loss of ability (even if temporarily) can do to you.

He seems like a sensitive person prone to overthinking.

No wonder he needed to leave New York. Totally not the place for someone with his personality.

https://out.reddit.com/t3_dsu4ri?url=htt...story.html&token=AQAAWA_EXSnkvz9PIZkbhzATlwKPrUUgS6WS8XLvE6jNkYrnAigR&app_name=mweb2x

Transcript of what he says in the video
Like Reply
KP will get it together, too much talent.  The statement of where he likes the ball on the court is something the coaches and his team need to figure out.  (seems like they would have already done that)  He had a Dirk like honest interview.

I hope with his honesty, he realizes he can "fix" his game getting closer the basket.  The threes will come naturally but he needs to punish other teams with his size.  He only has to face Isaac one more time thankfully.

Knowing the Knicks luck, KP will be OP Friday.
Like Reply
Well watching his interview really gave me some reassurance - he does not act like a primadonna at all, he is not disappointed in his teammates but by himself. I especially liked how he mentioned all the turnovers he had which just looked weird. As I said, I was not sure who's team this was going to be, meaning I know how good KP can be so if it is still just a matter of getting back his rhythm and getting acclimated to Luka and the gang, than it's all good.

But I have to say... even if KP becomes as good as I think he can be (which is a top 5-10 player in this league) - Luka's the real deal. Damn.
Like Reply
Refreshing honesty from KP. He doesn't have to share all that stuff with us. To me, he didn't sound like he was being too hard on himself. Lots of us probably critique our own performances and consider where we need to improve. We just don't share it with the world with a microphone in our face. He (and the team) will get it figured out.
Like Reply
He's too talented and driven to not figure it out on offense. And until he does, he's still "pretty good" on offense, playing extremely high level defense and the Mavs around him good enough to make due to a 5-2 record. Life is good.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 10:30 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: He's too talented and driven to not figure it out on offense.  And until he does, he's still "pretty good" on offense, playing extremely high level defense and the Mavs around him good enough to make due to a 5-2 record.    Life is good.

That's the great thing about this team. They win while still having lots of upside.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 10:30 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: He's too talented and driven to not figure it out on offense.  And until he does, he's still "pretty good" on offense, playing extremely high level defense and the Mavs around him good enough to make due to a 5-2 record.    Life is good.
And our 2 loses were against good teams that we came very close to winning...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/...8358633472
Like Reply
Watching that post game interview from Kristaps has me a mix of giddy and assuaged. I'm no longer worried about Kristaps fitting in. He hit the nail with everything he said, and he's aware and trying to get better.

He started the season off averaging 26/7/2/3, and he himself said he hasn't performed well at all, and that he has a lot of work to do to get back to where he wants to be. Heck he's still averaging 18/9/2/3. 

Humble. Love KP's attitude. Perhaps he can make a run at Doncic next year as to who's the best Maverick (How crazy would that be??)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 03:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Humble. Love KP's attitude. Perhaps he can make a run at Doncic next year as to who's the best Maverick (How crazy would that be??)

I think he felt he would be pretty much equal with Luka.  Problem for KP is he could play twice as good (which would be awesome) but imo would not reach where Luka is currently at.  I mean we have a 20 year old LeBron like franchise player.  Hard to chase that down.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 03:55 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 03:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Humble. Love KP's attitude. Perhaps he can make a run at Doncic next year as to who's the best Maverick (How crazy would that be??)

I think he felt he would be pretty much equal with Luka.  Problem for KP is he could play twice as good (which would be awesome) but imo would not reach where Luka is currently at.  I mean we have a 20 year old LeBron like franchise player.  Hard to chase that down.

Kristaps should focus on defense. That would be best for the Mavs. His offense will come naturally. Would be good to have a star player on each side of the floor.

Kristaps is just in his head currently trying to figure how to fit in.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 04:04 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Kristaps should focus on defense. That would be best for the Mavs. Is offense will come naturally. Would be good to have a star player on each side of the floor.

His offensive talent comes naturally. Individual skill comes naturally. But how offense expresses itself on an NBA floor requires a ton of work.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 04:08 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 04:04 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Kristaps should focus on defense. That would be best for the Mavs. Is offense will come naturally. Would be good to have a star player on each side of the floor.

His offensive talent comes naturally. Individual skill comes naturally. But how offense expresses itself on an NBA floor requires a ton of work.

They'll figure it out. They are great already. If they indeed figure it out, Mavs could be legit scary.
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 04:10 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: They'll figure it out. They are grear already. If they indeed figure it out, Mavs could be legit scary.

I completely agree. And they'll log countless hours of work with Rick to make sure it becomes a work of art.
Like Reply
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.co...wraparound

Great article about Kristaps Game before his injury.

Bit older but good read.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/11...6704163840
Like Reply
(11-07-2019, 03:55 PM)Hypermav Wrote:

What a tragedy if KP merely became the James Worthy to Luka's Magic.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 09:45 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Problem for KP is he could play twice as good (which would be awesome) but imo would not reach where Luka is currently at.

Twice as good as KP is currently playing is for sure better than Luka.
Like Reply