Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
3 50.00%
Suns
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: DAL (43-32) @ PHX (34-39) | 102-128 loss
This game - I get that Phoenix has something to play for and the Mavs don't, but whenever Luka is on the bench, this is a for all intents and purposes a young playoff team versus a lottery team with lots of pingpong balls.
Like Reply
Really glad we got these 8 games in the bubble. Curry absolutely can't start, he can't guard shit. I was thinking about the extension for Hardaway. After these performances, he doesn't deserve more than MLE.
Like Reply
MKG's reluctance to shoot is a bit annoying. I get that he's not very good, but he needs to at least try and get some reps. PHX is sagging off of him so far and he just swings it to a defended player in the corner.

Just shoot it MKG!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I am ready for PHX to be eliminated.  Go Memphis!
Like Reply
Wright got all ball...

But what WTF is he thinking?? WHY even be there???

Dude is on another level of dumb.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Delon Wright with the lowest IQ play I have ever seen. Congrats.
Like Reply
DELON WRIGHT. WHAT A BUM.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:16 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I am ready for PHX to be eliminated.  Go Memphis!

Actually,  I want to see Portland and Phoenix in the play in game. That would be straight fire between the 2 hottest players in the bubble.
Like Reply
Payneful
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:19 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Payneful

Good call !!  Looks like Russ's old dancing partner has found a home. He's playing well.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:18 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:16 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I am ready for PHX to be eliminated.  Go Memphis!

Actually,  I want to see Portland and Phoenix in the play in game. That would be straight fire between the 2 hottest players in the bubble.
I just don't like Phoenix.  It would be interesting to see if Phoenix could win two straight versus Portland.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:24 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 04:19 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Payneful

Good call !!  Looks like Russ's old dancing partner has found a home. He's playing well.
He already found a new home during the 2019 SummerLeague, but then the Mavs put him out on the streets, so they could rent the place to some bum. They also paid two transactions fees to the Memphis realtor.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Delon Wright with the lowest IQ play I have ever seen. Congrats.
https://media.giphy.com/media/10xrReDli9L15K/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
The Suns are too good. One of the more complete teams in The Bubble...they would actually give a lot of teams in the playoffs trouble. Lots of firepower/depth, rebounding/size, and defenders.

You watch this team and wonder how they managed to underachieve all season long to barely have 30 wins
Like Reply
Mavs play zero defense. Lay up and three drill all day for the suns. Absolutely terrible individual and team defense.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:37 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The Suns are too good. One of the more complete teams in The Bubble...they would actually give a lot of teams in the playoffs trouble. Lots of firepower/depth, rebounding/size, and defenders.

You watch this team and wonder how they managed to underachieve all season long to barely have 30 wins

The Suns are playing out of their mind. They are as hot as ever. Dare I say as hot as the...Sun?

How sustainable is it however? I don't know. I will say Cameron Payne going 4/4 from the field, Rubio draining 3's like he's Curry, and the team as a whole averaging nearly 50% from the field is certainly telling. 

I think the Suns are going to come crashing down to Earth. Either in the playoffs or against Portland. And just because their hot doesn't mean they are a good team. Any team would look unstoppable if every player of theirs doesn't miss.
Like Reply
Boban and JJB make a unique pairing running side by side down the court.

Justin Jackson!!!!!

Yeah I'm trolling Smile
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:45 PM)Playmaker Wrote: Mavs play zero defense.  Lay up and three drill all day for the suns.  Absolutely terrible individual and team defense.

True. Mavs have had defensive issues all year.

But this is the Mavs bench taking it easy against the PHX starters trying their hardest. 

I don't think there is anything of value to take from this game.
Like Reply
If this was soccer with an old school coach, the level of effort has reached a low that would result in these Mavs running in circles for a looooong time and a lot of miles tomorrow.

Even with this being a meaningless game, you have to show at least a bit of pride. Especially if playing defense is something the team absolutely should practice on every available occasion because they suck at it heavily.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:45 PM)Playmaker Wrote: Mavs play zero defense.  Lay up and three drill all day for the suns.  Absolutely terrible individual and team defense.

They better find some vs the Clippers. Not a good look heading into the playoffs. Carlisle can't be happy.
Like Reply