Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
3 50.00%
Suns
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: DAL (43-32) @ PHX (34-39) | 102-128 loss
Heart 
[Image: EfJbTt8UMAA1fQw?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Just like yesterday, I want to win an important game. This and Portland provide the best playoff practice a team could ever get short of actual playoff games. Keep working on end of game execution and win this one. Maybe this one will actually count and not be waived off by a foul. Maybe Trey Burke will learn and never again be the goat. 

I don't know how we will play this but with the play in game Saturday, the playoffs can not possibly start till Sunday and more likely Tuesday. That is plenty of rest except for guys who really need longer due to injuries that we might not even know about. 

If we rest some guys....play to win this anyway. These opportunities to truly find out what works are totally priceless.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6111458304

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1293926728885248000
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
KP likely out? This sets up a very rare situation for the Luka-KP Mavs. We have a very good chance to end the Spurs' playoff streak because if we lose this then only a Memphis win against a Giannis-less Bucks team or a Portland win against a shorthanded Nets team that is already locked into their seed would eliminate the Spurs. Now you can't ask your players to tank, but let's just say that I would not mind seeing a lot of Josh Reaves, Antonius Cleveland, and Justin Jackson today. Giving MKG a career high in 3 point attempts to try to develop his offensive game might not be a bad idea either

This is a must lose game.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 11:26 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Giving MKG a career high in 3 point attempts to try to develop his offensive game might not be a bad idea either
Great line! I chuckled.
Like Reply
Suns are the best team in the league right now. Let's see if Booker goes off like Lillard...maybe 50+ points
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 11:26 AM)MrGoat Wrote: if we lose this then only a Memphis win against a Giannis-less Bucks team or a Portland win against a shorthanded Nets team that is already locked into their seed would eliminate the Spurs

Not true unless you meant - if we win this. If Suns win, Spurs are out no matter what. Spurs are in only if Suns, Portland and Memphis all lose. A longshot
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 02:02 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 11:26 AM)MrGoat Wrote: if we lose this then only a Memphis win against a Giannis-less Bucks team or a Portland win against a shorthanded Nets team that is already locked into their seed would eliminate the Spurs

Not true unless you meant - if we win this. If Suns win, Spurs are out no matter what. Spurs are in only if Suns, Portland and Memphis all lose. A longshot

Only two of three actually, the West race is absurdly tight. If Memphis and Phoenix lose they fall to 33-40, a Spurs win make them 33-38 and they pass them easily, and San Antonio would even pass Portland with a Blazers loss because 33-38 is a slightly better win percentage than 34-40

If two of Portland, Memphis, and Phoenix lose with a Spurs win then the Spurs make the play in games
Like Reply
I am just going to enjoy it, win or lose.  We have 5 or up to 29 more games.  I hope for some extended bubble time.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...9738452992

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1293996466051190790
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
MKG on cue
Like Reply
I feel like the Mavs are going to win this one.

Solely because it makes the most sense to lose it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Saric is such a good passer. I'd love to have him on the team.
Like Reply
Luka been getting hit a lot on his drives with no call. 

Really frustrating to see.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 03:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I feel like the Mavs are going to win this one.

Solely because it makes the most sense to lose it.
Yeah isn't there a draft position to loose? Feels like we'll get the job done lol.

Reminds me of the Utah-game. Get down early, lull them asleep and then make a comeback.

At this point I just hope Luka doesn't go down with an injury. I really don't like to see him out there tonight. Why not just rest the guys.
Like Reply
Booker picking up where he left off. 14 1st qtr pts.
Like Reply
Todays game is not important but if Luka doesn´t play transition defense against the Clippers RC needs to call him out. It´s difficult  to manage the ego of star players but he shouldn´t get away with plays that would send any other player to RCs doghouse for at least a week.
Like Reply
um elbow was hostile act imo
Like Reply
If Justin plays a single minute in the playoffs - and I mean, even one single minute - Carlisle deserves to be asked why he's tanking a series we will have a hard time winning anyway. Any NBA coach who plays JJ has zero interest in winning the game. Less than useless.
Like Reply
I was today years old when I realized Cameron Payne is actually just Steph Curry reborn when he plays us.
Like Reply