Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers
I think he finally found a home. He is going to be inconsistent like most shooters but he knows his role and plays it well. He tries on defense but I am worried a little bit ab his defensive ceiling which isn't that amazing. That being said if we get a legit stud defender in the starting lineup I think we have enough overall to win a championship.
Like Reply
[Image: 512x.jpg]

Did you know, Hardaway and Burke have already been teammates before New York Knicks pairing. Since 2012-2013 University of Michigan.
Like Reply
Somewhere in this thread I probably said something lukewarm about THJ. But have to give him credit. He’ll go through a bad spell at times, but has been a reliable player when it matters. If you said his matchup is Paul George, you’d have to give him the edge so far.
Like Reply
Some disturbingly overly positive takes on THJ in the last day or two... I'll say it again - he is, along with DFS, a candidate for the 5th-best starter on a contending team. THJ gives a lot more offense, DFS much more defense and rebounding. In any event, he remains exorbitantly overpaid. For the Mavs to extend his contract within $5 mil/year of his current deal would be front office suicide, as the team needs two more high-quality starters, and you can't have $15 mil/year plus tied up in your fifth-best player. I will never see it as other than a nightmare if the Mavs extend him for more than $14 mil/year to start. $11 mil/year would be a lot more palatable. 

I'm fine with him staying here. Keeping him at the expense of the improvements we desperately need to make is an over-my-dead-Mavs-fan-body proposition for me. If he opts into his player option (hard to imagine he doesn't), I want to see him traded for something better between then and the 2021 TDL, allowed to expire and create caproom, or re-signed on the cheap. Anything else is squandering Luka.
Like Reply
Terrible Timmy back at it.
Like Reply
THJ isn't part of the future. If they can get rid of him, they will, but due to his contract, he will be here next season and that's it most likely. He's basically Michael Finley at the end of his Mavs run
Like Reply
(08-30-2020, 04:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: THJ isn't part of the future. If they can get rid of him, they will, but due to his contract, he will be here next season and that's it most likely. He's basically Michael Finley at the end of his Mavs run

He should be trade bait with his expirer, but will likely be kept to expire for Giannis to come here. Which he won't if the Bucks win this year or next.
Like Reply