Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
3 75.00%
Kings
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 70: DAL (41-29) @ SAC (28-39) | 114-110 OT win
(08-05-2020, 08:42 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: My preference is trading for Richaun Holmes.

Where did that come from? I mean, he has a great season but he is certainly not a 3-D wing.
Like Reply
(08-05-2020, 12:30 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 08:42 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: My preference is trading for Richaun Holmes.

Where did that come from? I mean, he has a great season but he is certainly not a 3-D wing.

SAC has two players I think the Mavs need to keep an eye on in this restart.  That's Kent Bazemore and Harry Giles, both FA's this offseason.  Bazemore is probably looking for more then the MLE.  But would you all give him the full MLE?  Giles is not a 3pt guy, but he is a Schwartz client and you could probably split the MLE w/another player to add more depth.
Like Reply
(08-05-2020, 03:00 PM)chaparral Wrote: But would you all give him the full MLE?

No way he is worth full MLE imho

(08-05-2020, 03:00 PM)chaparral Wrote: Harry Giles

I don't think there will be many minutes for him, so I don't really care. However, if we are to sign another center, I would rather give a shot to Hartenstein. In both cases, vet min is probably what we are prepared to pay either of them
Like Reply
I very much dislike Bazemore, I don't like how he carries himself or his game.   

Giles I am okay with, but cheap.
Like Reply
(08-05-2020, 12:30 PM)omahen Wrote:

I'm not totally sold on 5-out as the only way for this team to play and 3 and D wing is one of several needs in my book.  The multi-positional nature of what we have gives us options.

This team didn't just stumble into best all-time offense once KP moved to center.  It was already there when Powell was starting.  Holmes does everything Powell can do and plays much better D.  He would add wins and ultimately that is the goal.  

Another good ball handler could also be just as valuable as a 3 and D wing (think in terms of what would happen if Kris Dunn and Seth Curry had a baby together...check that...never mind).  Just imagine Burke, but better.  5-out needs options in late game situations.  A superior roll man and the ability to attack from another place other than Luka would be more effective than four guys standing at the line watching Luka.
Like Reply