Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
3 75.00%
Kings
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 70: DAL (41-29) @ SAC (28-39) | 114-110 OT win
That is just stupid.  Kings are weird.
Like Reply
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY, THE MAVS BEAT THE PISMO BEACH PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!11!!
Like Reply
finally
Like Reply
Holy crap the Kings arent going away. Bjelicia hits a prayer out of nowhere.

LUKA IS INCREDIBLE!

34 points, 20 rebounds (!!!!), 12 assists! First guy since Kareem to have that statline. Crazy stuff.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
It is a win.  I will take a limp across the finish line.
Like Reply
We came from behind and won the game in OT...

https://media.giphy.com/media/mbTaFQPK6iqEo/giphy.gif

It was against the Kings...

https://media.giphy.com/media/m6ljvZNi8xnvG/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 04:26 PM)Hypermav Wrote: It is a win.  I will take a limp across the finish line.

Hopefully a win is enough to wake some guys up and have them lock-in defensively. 99% of the game, THJ, DFS, and Maxi all looked lost. Even Curry looked disengaged against Houston and PHX.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 04:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hield is wasting away his career in SAC.

(08-04-2020, 04:19 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: We could manage his minutes in the last 3-4 games. Unlikely we´ll have anything to play for.

All depends how Denver and LAC finish out. Maybe Clips will do our jobs for us and take it easy and drop to 3rd. But if the 6th seed is still in reach the last 3 or 4 games I doubt the Mavs are going to be resigned to choose the Clips matchup and take it easy.
We are four losses behind OKC, who still have games against Memphis, Phoenix and Washington.

Maybe we have a small chance to catch Utah with a H2H match-up still to come, but Utah also has a few nice chances against Spurs twice and Memphis.
Like Reply
Suns leading the Clips fwiw.

https://twitter.com/thekingsherald/statu...72929?s=20

Read through a Kings thread.  They were all over Bogdan.  0-14

Sorry 1-15
Like Reply
About as ugly a win as possible and the main takeaway from it is that the Kings are really bad. But it's still a win

Most hilarious stat from the box score, Bogdanovic led the Kings in +/-
Like Reply
Finally a win against very average Kings. 

1. Three pointers didn't go, but Mavs played ok offense, trying in the paint a lot. 
2. Luka was just excellent. Perhaps a couple of turnovers too much, otherwise just an excellent game. Great effort on both sides of the floor. 
3. KP looks super confident, I think it was just bad luck some of his threes didn't go in as they were all very close. Good play from him too.
4. Others were again super cold on offense. THJ and DFS needed a lot of shots to put up their numbers.
5. I really don't know how Wright was +11, because didn't play well.
6. Barea looks done. Two of his attempts looked absurd. Burke is much better. Tries on defense. A little wild on offense at times, but ok.
7. Maxi was just terrible for most of the game, only redeemed himself in the OT.
8. Do you think we will get 50 FA against Clippers? Perhaps in the whole series Smile
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1...09664?s=20
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 04:24 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY, THE MAVS BEAT THE PISMO BEACH PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!1!11!!

I loved!!!! that Nellie quote. Then when I found myself at Pismo beach on a trip, it was really cool. Nice beach by the way. No NBA that I could tell.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Three points to me:

1. RC has to talk about the defensive side. If there's something that bothers me as a fan is the lack of effort. Kings had a bunch of wide-open no-contest shots.

2. If we face the Clippers, I expect they will break some record on offense. We don't guard the mid-range and our perimeter D is lackluster.

3. Luka and KP are awesome. The rest of the team is very mediocre. THJ/Curry/DFS/Maxi are not starters. We must nail this draft.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 05:49 PM)omahen Wrote: Great effort on both sides of the floor.

Luka setting the tone with defensive effort at the end of the game was HUGE. Hope it is a sign of things to come.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 07:02 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Three points to me:

1. RC has to talk about the defensive side. If there's something that bothers me as a fan is the lack of effort. Kings had a bunch of wide-open no-contest shots.

2. If we face the Clippers, I expect they will break some record on offense. We don't guard the mid-range and our perimeter D is lackluster.

3. Luka and KP are awesome. The rest of the team is very mediocre. THJ/Curry/DFS/Maxi are not starters. We must nail this draft.
I agree with most of your points. You’re right about #3. The only thing I have to say is, Mavs have never been good at drafting players. They also need to upgrade their bench.
Like Reply
(08-04-2020, 11:11 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 07:02 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: 3. Luka and KP are awesome. The rest of the team is very mediocre. THJ/Curry/DFS/Maxi are not starters. We must nail this draft.

You’re right about #3. The only thing I have to say is, Mavs have never been good at drafting players. They also need to upgrade their bench.

The Mav's have a fantastic bench.  The issue is two members of said bench are injured and two who should be on the bench are starting.  Maxi/Powell/DFS/Curry/Brunson would be among the top benches in the league.  The issue is replacing Curry and DFS in the starting lineup.
Like Reply
(08-05-2020, 06:22 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: The issue is replacing Curry and DFS in the starting lineup.

I would go even further and claim that getting only one legit starter would make this team look much better. DFS and Curry are fine 5th starter types.
Like Reply
Yup and Harrell is that guy

KP, Harrell, Hardawy, Luka and young athletic defender perhaps Reeves.
Like Reply
(08-05-2020, 08:01 AM)omahen Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:22 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: The issue is replacing Curry and DFS in the starting lineup.

I would go even further and claim that getting only one legit starter would make this team look much better. DFS and Curry are fine 5th starter types.

Agree.  Really any of DFS, Curry, Maxi, Brunson and Powell can be situational fifth starters depending on who that 4th starter is.  Plus, the "starters" don't play a ton of minutes together in our rotation.  Having a bunch of 6th/7th men to mix and match with our top four is valuable.

(08-05-2020, 08:08 AM)bartlettbear Wrote: Yup and Harrell is that guy

KP, Harrell, Hardawy, Luka and young athletic defender perhaps Reeves.

He's a good one, but not so great at perimeter D.  My preference is trading for Richaun Holmes.  Similar age.  If you are Sacramento and may lose him for nothing in 2021, do you take something now instead of losing him for nothing?
Like Reply