Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...2354954240
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 07:31 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...2354954240

The Pistons played against the Jazz on March 7th. He played 38 minutes in that game and was frequently matched on Gobert. This makes it seem more likely that there are other cases in the NBA too. Not good news if we're hoping for the season suspension to only be 30 days

I'll just post this link here. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Best one I've seen on tracking the official coronavirus cases by country. Just remember that there are certainly way more cases out there than what these numbers reflect and expect a big spike in numbers as more testing becomes available. And the China numbers are dubious because of how much censorship there has been around this issue
Like Reply
Can only advise all of you to take this seriously. Some of you might remember that I mentioned moving back to Germany this year after finishing my residency. We moved in february and I had a lot of free time to work on the new house or do fun things like watching Mavs basketball and posting on this board. The original plan had me starting my new job in june. COVID-19 changed the plan and I will start working in 7 days. And it´s not only me. Hospitals all over the country are trying to maximize the available personal. I probably won´t be around as much as I used to be in the coming weeks.
Good luck and even better health. Take care of yourself and your families.
Like Reply
I agree that worldometers is the best. And I also agree we can't trust the Chinese numbers. 1.4 billion people, horrible sanitation and hygiene, over-crowded cities and only 80k cases and 3k deaths? Numbers don't add up. I lived in Wuhan for 2 years and I can tell you the environment is tailor-made for viruses to spread exponentially.

At any rate I believe the US has the fortune of having some advanced time that Europe didn't really enjoy along with some other advantages (population more spread out for example). I think there are going to be some really bad pockets of the country that get hit hard and essentially are isolated while other places are able to avoid the surge of cases. Manhattan in particular is in real risk of an epic disaster if they don't go on fully Italy-style lockdown soon.
Like Reply
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...simulator/
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1239373542782832640

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...2066566146
Like Reply
Well they had talked ab moving back the season to not compete with the NFL so maybe Dec-June 82 games works. I wish they would go ahead and cut the season's games down so we don't have so many back-back games (ideally we would have none).

Just doing the playoffs for 4 weeks or so in the summer would work for me.
Like Reply
There may be a good chance, they might cancel the whole season, if they can't control this virus. 3 weeks has turned into 3 or 4 months.
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 06:35 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: There may be a good chance, they might cancel the whole season, if they can't control this virus.  3 weeks has turned into 3 or 4 months.
Makes sense since even with practice there’s probably 200 people around. Hard to control that many germ carriers.
Like Reply
[Image: bc5_panisroom.jpeg]
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 09:20 AM)Hypermav Wrote: [Image: bc5_panisroom.jpeg]
So that’s what all the toilet paper is being used for from every single store around me.
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 09:31 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 09:20 AM)Hypermav Wrote: [Image: bc5_panisroom.jpeg]
So that’s what all the toilet paper is being used for from every single store around me.
I tried Amazon yesterday and they had no toilet paper in stock... Confused
Like Reply
[Image: 20200316-152520.jpg]
Lol, the poultry selection yesterday at Brookshire's in Tyler!  BTW, one of the executives from their corporate office was there, stocking shelves, and told me that people were driving from as far as Dallas to Tyler and shopping at Brookshire's to get what they need, or think they need!  He said they are getting trucks all the time and don't have enough people to unload them all fast enough.  They even had to stagger out the deliveries so that they could unload them without running into problems.

And the eggs:
[Image: 20200316-152144.jpg]
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 12:27 PM)mtrot Wrote: [Image: 20200316-152520.jpg]
Lol, the poultry selection yesterday at Brookshire's in Tyler!  BTW, one of the executives from their corporate office was there, stocking shelves, and told me that people were driving from as far as Dallas to Tyler and shopping at Brookshire's to get what they need, or think they need!  He said they are getting trucks all the time and don't have enough people to unload them all fast enough.  They even had to stagger out the deliveries so that they could unload them without running into problems.

And the eggs:
[Image: 20200316-152144.jpg]
So what you're saying is, the best time to buy the most fresh produce is right after this is over...and during it!
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 08:45 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 06:35 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: There may be a good chance, they might cancel the whole season, if they can't control this virus.  3 weeks has turned into 3 or 4 months.
Makes sense since even with practice there’s probably 200 people around. Hard to control that many germ carriers.

What would the breakthrough look like that could occur by June making it safe for players to play basketball without risk of infection?
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 12:53 PM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:45 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

What would the breakthrough look like that could occur by June making it safe for players to play basketball without risk of infection?
Kindof a question for the experts honestly. Not that we'll be 100% safe once they claim it's ok, but it'll be at least a bit more controlled I'd think.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/12...3598446595
Like Reply
The issue with changing the start and end date of the season would be NBA players missing out on most Olympics and World Cups.

Usually these events are late July or August so could clash with the NBA Finals.
I guess they could just exclude the players still in the NBA Playoffs.

NBA owners won't care, as most don't want their players in those events anyway.
Like Reply
My expectations:

Olympics will be canceled, lesser chance of delayed to '21, probably not feasible.

NBA season will be canceled. Get ready for '20-'21. Draft based on existing standings.

Any mass facilities will be lucky to open by NFL season.

Get ready for this all to get very, very ugly.
Like Reply
(03-17-2020, 06:26 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: The issue with changing the start and end date of the season would be NBA players missing out on most Olympics and World Cups.

Usually these events are late July or August so could clash with the NBA Finals.
I guess they could just exclude the players still in the NBA Playoffs.

NBA owners won't care, as most don't want their players in those events anyway.

All good with me, it would be pretty interesting to see the lineups each country can field without NBA players.  It might even make it more competitive.
Like Reply