Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegasfavs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Hornets
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 53: DAL (32-21) @ CHA (16-36) | 116-100 win
JB must be the 5 here
Like Reply
I guess the Mavs don't believe in help defense, judging by the way they won't help Brunson when he gets stuck trying to defend a big.

Looks like Jackson knows he's not long for the Mavs.
Like Reply
Good win but WCS play makes me happy.  Looking forward to when Luka can work with him to see if he can be more than he has been in the past.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 09:48 PM)omahen Wrote: Hornets will win this one easily. Our guys will be tired and defense will be even worse than today.

I'm glad they proved me wrong.
Like Reply
Good revenge game. Can't let them off the hook for the way they came in and punked us earlier in the season
Like Reply
They made an adjustment with WCS tonight on the P-n-r that really unlocked him somewhat.

There’s a nuanced thing with WCS that the team had to get used to was the difference between him and Dwight Powell.

Powell prefers to get the ball in the air and power finish or lay it in, in that order.  He doesn’t do as well when he gets the ball farther away from the basket on the p-n-r.

WCS is different.  He’s athletic, but he’s not as sturdy as Dwight, so he doesn’t power through contact as well, or doesn’t like it as much.

WCS does better when he gets the ball a couple of steps from the rim and then makes a move.  You saw this several times tonight and you saw several scores and one really nice pass to Maxi who got fouled on the finish.

The other games they were only looking for the hard roll and WCS doesn’t work best like that...this is where he’s best, and it showed.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 11:51 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: They made an adjustment with WCS tonight on the P-n-r that really unlocked him somewhat.

There’s a nuanced thing with WCS that the team had to get used to was the difference between him and Dwight Powell.

Powell prefers to get the ball in the air and power finish or lay it in, in that order.  He doesn’t do as well when he gets the ball farther away from the basket on the p-n-r.

WCS is different.  He’s athletic, but he’s not as sturdy as Dwight, so he doesn’t power through contact as well, or doesn’t like it as much.

WCS does better when he gets the ball a couple of steps from the rim and then makes a move.  You saw this several times tonight and you saw several scores and one really nice pass to Maxi who got fouled on the finish.

The other games they were only looking for the hard roll and WCS doesn’t work best like that...this is where he’s best, and it showed.

Wow, nice observation. I hope it proves true moving forward
Like Reply