Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegasfavs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Hornets
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 53: DAL (32-21) @ CHA (16-36) | 116-100 win
Heart 
[Image: EQL3D02U8AAfRxX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
Hornets will win this one easily. Our guys will be tired and defense will be even worse than today.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 09:48 PM)omahen Wrote: Hornets will win this one easily. Our guys will be tired and defense will be even worse than today.
I think the Hornets win this one. I hope I'm wrong, but we usually suck on the 2nd night of b2b's.
Like Reply
I just hope we show some non short sightedness and sit KP in this one. We're not contenders after the deadline but we're still almost certain to make the playoffs to get that valuable experience. Especially after Portland gagged late against Utah tonight
Like Reply
Is KP playing today? I know it's a B2B but he barelyplayed yesterdaydue to foul trouble.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 02:11 AM)MrGoat Wrote: I just hope we show some non short sightedness and sit KP in this one. We're not contenders after the deadline but we're still almost certain to make the playoffs to get that valuable experience. Especially after Portland gagged late against Utah tonight
 Luka is arguing with the refs over Portland via twitter now lol.  Not that he is wrong.

https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1226023631945424896?s=20

https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1...63010?s=20
Like Reply
Rick has got to get the team to come out more focused and decisive, if he is able at all to do that.  It seems like too many of the Mavs players, especially Wright, are afraid to "mess up" and we end up whittling down the shot clock time after time.  He has to shoot those wide open threes, because when he fails to do that we too often end up with a worse shot.

The other big problem I see is the continuing ease with which the Mavs are allowing opponents to drive and score at the rim.  They seem to be afraid to take a hard foul and put them on the line.  I don't really see any other teams playing so passively.  The Mavs do score a lot of points, but you can't always depend on out scoring the other team; you have to play stifling defense.

(02-08-2020, 02:11 AM)MrGoat Wrote: I just hope we show some non short sightedness and sit KP in this one. We're not contenders after the deadline but we're still almost certain to make the playoffs to get that valuable experience. Especially after Portland gagged late against Utah tonight
Seriously?  I think the Mavs are in grave danger of slipping to 9th by the end of the season, if they don't play a lot better than they are now.
Like Reply
We get to see another version of "How could RC and the Mavs lose this game". Give 'em props, though, they GET BETTER in losing ways.

Tonight I am expecting a final like this.

1 made fga
3 made and 3 missed free throws
8 missed 3pt attempts
Lost 11 point lead
A three point attempt when they need 2 to win the game.

All in the last 4 minutes.

If anybody happens to ask, tell them that the Mavs are a young and improving team. It works. At least on this board.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
Missed last night's game but should get to watch at least most of this one.  

Makes it a must win game.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 10:37 AM)Hypermav Wrote:
 Luka is arguing with the refs over Portland via twitter now lol.  Not that he is wrong.

https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1226023631945424896?s=20

https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1...63010?s=20

How long is Dame´s contract? The Don and the Dame. That marketing. Cool

(02-08-2020, 10:31 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Is KP playing today? I know it's a B2B but he barelyplayed yesterdaydue to foul trouble.

Given that WCS barealy played until KP got into foul trouble, Carlisle´s original plan must have been to start WCS tonight or he is already in the hot doghouse.  Confused
Like Reply
I'd put our odds at 45-55 for tonight. SEGABABA and we're playing like ass. 

I know it will rub some folks the wrong way, but I might fire up the tank thread if we lose this. 

Oh, and if we don't make the playoffs, zero justifiable reason to keep Rick. Have to try someone new. And I say that as a very long time Rick supporter.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...2614856704
Like Reply
If Luka is healthy, they’ll make the playoffs. This team is currently outperforming every single preasesson projection/prediction. 

The roster isn’t very good without Luka. The fire Rick overreactions after every loss amuse me.
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 01:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...2614856704

Good.

This is how it should have been from day one with Porzingis, but I guess the Mavs are like a little child. They needed to burn their hand on the hot plate first, to get the message. Wasn´t enough to read the warning signs that came with the product.

At least between Porzingis´ load management and the overreliance on Luka, they should now be looking for a 3rd star.
Like Reply
Well, at least we should get a better look at what WCS can do, I guess.
Like Reply
Great... without KP (despite last night's egg), it will be a miracle if this isn't a second consecutive loss to a bottom feeder. 

If there's a star tonight, I'll put my money on Brunson.
Like Reply
Watching the XFL game they say on the bottom of the screen that KP is out (knee). That is concerning if it actually is knee, I hope that's not true. I get resting him on the B2B
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 03:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Great... without KP (despite last night's egg), it will be a miracle if this isn't a second consecutive loss to a bottom feeder. 

Lol, feed WCS!
Like Reply
(02-08-2020, 03:53 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 03:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Great... without KP (despite last night's egg), it will be a miracle if this isn't a second consecutive loss to a bottom feeder. 

Lol, feed WCS! 

RC is holding WCS back  Tongue
Like Reply
8th seed here we come!
Like Reply