Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Burks & GRIII to PHI | three 2nds to GSW
(02-06-2020, 12:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: maybe I'm just not as smart as you guys

I just don't see it

What would be bad in (for example) trading Lee for Dieng and a second rounder (even this is better than nothing), taking Hood in our TE for a second rounder or similar? Don't tell me Minny would not be able to use Dieng part of cap more wisely. Anytime they will be moving him, they will be paying assets. Portland would save huge millions by paying that one second rounder. Don't tell me, there are not trades like that available if you look for them. I don't buy it.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: maybe I'm just not as smart as you guys

I just don't see it

I just hate how set the rotation will be for next year if we don't do anything now. 
Will we even use the MLE to sign anyone long term this summer? Probably not if we're still so focused on the summer of 2021
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:34 PM)Jym Wrote: I just hate how set the rotation will be for next year if we don't do anything now. 

Seriously? Why would it be set for next year because we didn't do a trade right now?

(02-06-2020, 12:24 PM)omahen Wrote: What would be bad in (for example) trading Lee for Dieng and a second rounder (even this is better than nothing), taking Hood in our TE for a second rounder or similar? Don't tell me Minny would not be able to use Dieng part of cap more wisely. Anytime they will be moving him, they will be paying assets. Portland would save huge millions by paying that one second rounder.

You'd have to ask the Mavs, Pups and Blazers those questions. 

(02-06-2020, 12:24 PM)omahen Wrote: Don't tell me, there are not trades like that available if you look for them.

I wouldn't dare. How would I know that. 
(02-06-2020, 12:24 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't buy it.

Noted

@"omahen" and @"Jym", get @"DanSchwartzman" to tell me that "not trading Lee" and "letting the TPE expire" are monumental mistakes and I might believe it
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Seriously? Why would it set for next year because we didn't do a trade right now?

What do you see happening? 
I don't see us giving out a multi-year MLE deal

(02-06-2020, 12:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: @"omahen" and @"Jym", get @"DanSchwartzman" to tell me that "not trading Lee" and "letting the TPE expire" are monumental mistakes and I might believe it

Do we trust his judgment?
He's in another thread advocating that we trade Wright and Lee for Wiggins.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You'd have to ask the Mavs, Pups and Blazers those questions. 

I was asking about a principle...

(02-06-2020, 12:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I wouldn't dare. How would I know that.

Yet you are very confident, they were not available, because Mavs didn't take them. We started this long discussion with your claim, that they surely checked all possibilities. So you do dare. Decide what is your take Smile
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 12:48 PM)Jym Wrote: What do you see happening? 

We have an entire draft season and offseason before next season starts. There are countless possibilities. 

(02-06-2020, 12:48 PM)Jym Wrote: Do we trust his judgment?

I do. 

(02-06-2020, 12:55 PM)omahen Wrote: Yet you are very confident, they were not available, because Mavs didn't take them. We started this long discussion with your claim, that they surely checked all possibilities. So you do dare. Decide what is your take Smile

We have some kind of disconnect going. I never said I was confident that trades aren't available. How could I know that? And I'm still confident that they're doing their due diligence. My take is consistent.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 12:48 PM)Jym Wrote: What do you see happening? 

We have an entire draft season and offseason before next season starts. There are countless possibilities. 

(02-06-2020, 12:48 PM)Jym Wrote: Do we trust his judgment?

I do. 

I don’t know.  That Dan guy and that Bob Myers guy...what have either ever accomplished in their careers?

And to answer the bigger question, of course we still have options this summer.  I suspect certain deals are ruinous to our summer plans (and rest assured there are summer plans).  So, any deal now has to meet certain criteria.  Maybe we get one that does and maybe we don’t.  The die is cast. We are HIGHLY likely to be a playoff team and highly highly likely to be a first or second round exit no matter what happens or doesn’t in the next hour.
Like Reply
(02-06-2020, 01:51 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I don’t know.  That Dan guy and that Bob Myers guy...what have either ever accomplished in their careers?

And to answer the bigger question, of course we still have options this summer.  I suspect certain deals are ruinous to our summer plans (and rest assured there are summer plans).  So, any deal now has to meet certain criteria.  Maybe we get one that does and maybe we don’t.  The die is cast. We are HIGHLY likely to be a playoff team and highly highly likely to be a first or second round exit no matter what happens or doesn’t in the next hour.

Nice. All I have to do is mention you in a thread and you come right along to feed us some good info or insight. I'll try not to abuse that power.

(02-06-2020, 01:51 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I don’t know.  That Dan guy and that Bob Myers guy...what have either ever accomplished in their careers?

good line, btw!  Big Grin
Like Reply
It's funny to me that 2nd round picks carry so much weight now as currency considering when you actually use them 19 times out of 20 you are getting a garbage player. It makes me think you should be trying to acquire 2's as often as you can.
Like Reply