Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: RoCo to HOU | Capela to ATL | ATL 1st to MIN | HOU 1st to DEN
(02-05-2020, 03:57 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Not sure why you guys don't see it but even though they gave up a lot the Rockets are definitely better now after this trade. First off Capela wasn't being used the same way as last year with the new dynamic they have with Russ and Harden, and he's been injured. Roco is a huge upgrade over there on defense and offense if were talking current. I definitely did not want to see the Rockets upgrade.

Their pace has increased since acquiring Westbrook  They will now play small and run on every opportunity.  Don't see how RoCo really improves them though.  He hasn't been Philly RoCo. They're gonna miss Capela, trust me.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 06:23 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:57 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Not sure why you guys don't see it but even though they gave up a lot the Rockets are definitely better now after this trade. First off Capela wasn't being used the same way as last year with the new dynamic they have with Russ and Harden, and he's been injured. Roco is a huge upgrade over there on defense and offense if were talking current. I definitely did not want to see the Rockets upgrade.

Their pace has increased since acquiring Westbrook  They will now play small and run on every opportunity.  Don't see how RoCo really improves them though.  He hasn't been Philly RoCo. They're gonna miss Capela, trust me.
Maybe. They weren't using him that much any more. He and Westbrook were a disaster on the floor together on the offensive end, since neither of them can shoot. Houston doesn't run that much pick and roll any more, they're playing more five out with Westbrook going to the rim, so they didn't need Capela's skills as much. I can see why they're getting a cheaper option, now that they have different needs. 

Agree that they're going bizarrely small. I guess it's an example of trying to make the rest of the league adjust to them, since they can't compete with certain teams on their opponents' terms.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RTNBA/status/1225235831939633152
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...4324400128

https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status...9262905345
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Houston will probably annihilate the league with this novel lineup the rest of the season.  I don’t think it will succeed in the playoffs though.  We’ll see.  Worth a shot for them anyways.
Like Reply
(02-07-2020, 07:35 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Houston will probably annihilate the league with this novel lineup the rest of the season.  I don’t think it will succeed in the playoffs though.  We’ll see.  Worth a shot for them anyways.

Lakers game plan was pretty bad. You cant double Harden on every poss and let Westbrook play 4 vs. 3. Just gotta mix it up. More single coverage, and hope he isn't getting the same amount of calls. If he goes off, sporadic double teams.

You are the Lakers, they are the Rockets who costs the NBA 200 million. Which franchise will get the benefit of the whistle?  Big Grin

But its concerning for the Lakers going forward if that is playoff Lebron. Dude has trouble getting the rim anymore at all.
Like Reply