Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: RoCo to HOU | Capela to ATL | ATL 1st to MIN | HOU 1st to DEN
(02-05-2020, 11:41 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Trade the Lee expiring for Marvin Williams, and I'm good. There isn't a trade out there that puts us ahead of the Lakers or Bucks, and there's more way more buyers than sellers at this deadline over-inflating the cost of talent. Save all trade and draft capital for the offseason.

I'd be fine with a Lee for Williams trade, better with the trade also including Jackson and then getting another player who expires this year or next into the TPE.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 11:41 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: and there's more way more buyers than sellers at this deadline over-inflating the cost of talent.
I don't think this is true. I think teams have a higher value on their players than the buyers are willing to pay. They're sellers if the price is right, they're buyers if the price is right. It goes both ways.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 12:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 11:41 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: and there's more way more buyers than sellers at this deadline over-inflating the cost of talent.
I don't think this is true. I think teams have a higher value on their players than the buyers are willing to pay. They're sellers if the price is right, they're buyers if the price is right. It goes both ways.

I will say that I don't want the Mavs to overpay in trade. That means probably no sugarplums, but I would still like to see Jackson upgraded and perhaps to take a flyer on a second player.
Like Reply
Chandler Parson's nightmare career continues. After suffering potential career ending injuries, after being hit by a drunk driver, he's being waived by the Hawks. Actually feel sorry for him, not being able to live up to his potential due to injuries.
Like Reply
I dunno, listening to Zach Lowe and Windhorst go over each team ... there just doesn't seem to be a lot of teams that traditionally would be sellers in that mode right now. Like New Orleans would traditionally be a team that would be in seller mode, but since they had to put the Zion show on hold for 4 months and now that they just got him back they want to see what they've got with a good supporting cast. San Antonio is a team that fits the profile of a traditional seller a mediocre or sub-mediocre non contender with some old huge salaries, but they won't strip it down until Pop retires. Phoenix would traditionally be in seller mode, but an 8th seed is attainable and they haven't been to the playoffs in a billion years. Another huge catalyst of selling behavior is teams looking at luxury tax issues, but there's few franchises that fall into that category and teams like OKC did a lot of the heavy lifting on that in the last offseason.
Like Reply
I do believe Mavs will get a wing they like better than Lee this year. Not a blockbuster move but an incremental one that gives them someone they might actually play occasionally.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 12:25 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I do believe Mavs will get a wing they like better than Lee this year. Not a blockbuster move but an incremental one that gives them someone they might actually play occasionally.

Not good enough. I want a guy they like better than Jackson. And just as importantly, that I like better than Jackson.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 12:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:25 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I do believe Mavs will get a wing they like better than Lee this year. Not a blockbuster move but an incremental one that gives them someone they might actually play occasionally.

Not good enough. I want a guy they like better than Jackson. And just as importantly, that I like better than Jackson.

The curious thing is I would think there's a good chance that the guy they get starts eating into Jackson's minutes which makes me wonder how come they don't want to trade Jackson? Ideally we would trade Jackson for someone with better defense.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...8393955328
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SprungOnSports/statu...3193771009

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/stat...4856198144
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 12:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...8393955328

Glad we didn't give up that much! That's too much.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 12:17 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I dunno, listening to Zach Lowe and Windhorst go over each team ... there just doesn't seem to be a lot of teams that traditionally would be sellers in that mode right now.  Like New Orleans would traditionally be a team that would be in seller mode, but since they had to put the Zion show on hold for 4 months and now that they just got him back they want to see what they've got with a good supporting cast.    San Antonio is a team that fits the profile of a traditional seller a mediocre or sub-mediocre non contender with some old huge salaries, but they won't strip it down until Pop retires.  Phoenix would traditionally be in seller mode, but an 8th seed is attainable and they haven't been to the playoffs in a billion years.    Another huge catalyst of selling behavior is teams looking at luxury tax issues, but there's few franchises that fall into that category and teams like OKC did a lot of the heavy lifting on that in the last offseason.
I guess if you're talking about there aren't many teams willing to sell for cheap, you have a good point. Det is ready to blow it up, they just want too much. Cle would be sellers if the price is right, the league would be buyers if their asking price was right. Sounds like Chi is pretty ready to move on from lots of players, but the buyers want to give up less than they are wanting to take. there is a lot of potential movement, but the valuations are far away from eachother.
Like Reply
Feels like Wolves are all in on D'Ro which is weird since they didn't offer him a max last summer when they could have and prevented GSW from getting a huge asset for nothing.

Speaking of...this is another reason why the Mavs should have tried to sign D'Ro. Even though the fit wasn't great on paper his value in the market is much more than Curry + Wright, by leaps and bounds. Both players have some value but nothing like D'Ro. At any rate I digress.

All Warriors trade packages include Wiggins who is having a good year and my guess is that Warriors haven't completely shut that down. I think there is a trade to be made there that sends Wiggins + at least 2 1's to the Warriors, maybe more for D'Ro. Even as it stands that's pretty good value considering Wiggins has improved his status this year and would fit better alongside Klay and Steph.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NylonCalculus/status...1533193216

[Image: disaster-girl.jpg]
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 01:19 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/NylonCalculus/status...1533193216

[Image: disaster-girl.jpg]

Cute, Clutch, but we live in an unfair world in which the Rockets will get a center.

(02-05-2020, 12:37 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

The curious thing is I would think there's a good chance that the guy they get starts eating into Jackson's minutes which makes me wonder how come they don't want to trade Jackson? Ideally we would trade Jackson for someone with better defense.

Ideally, they would trade Justin for someone who doesn't hurt the Mavs when he plays like he does. The Mavs run 9-deep after the Powell injury and WCS trade, since JJB, Bobi, and Bro (the three B's?) are all situational. They will want a reliable tenth man in the event of injuries.
Like Reply
^ That's what Townsend's guess was.  Expect a 10th man type of wing if there's a trade.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/1...4222109697
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 02:17 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KellyIkoNBA/status/1...4222109697

DeAndre fits both descriptions Smile

More serious, I see Leonard, R.Lopez or Birch as potential targets
Like Reply
Not sure why you guys don't see it but even though they gave up a lot the Rockets are definitely better now after this trade. First off Capela wasn't being used the same way as last year with the new dynamic they have with Russ and Harden, and he's been injured. Roco is a huge upgrade over there on defense and offense if were talking current. I definitely did not want to see the Rockets upgrade.
Like Reply
Oh, I think it makes sense for the Rockets ... Capella is making $15 million a year for a skillset that you can obtain cheaply (which the Rockets are probably about to do). Reallocating those assets to the wing position makes sense. My problem for the Rockets is giving up that much for a 29 year old high level role player with chronic knee issues ... but that doesn't matter to Morey. He's either going to win a Championship or be fired this offseason.
Like Reply