Poll: Which player would you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Player A - 6’ 7” - 209 LBS - 3D Wing 28 MIN - 44% FG% - 35% 3PT% - 5.4 REB - 1.1 AST - 12.6 PTS - $11.3 MILLION
23.33%
7 23.33%
Player B - 6’ 7” - 220 LBS - 3D Wing 28 MIN - 46% FG% - 35% 3PT% - 5.2 REB - 1.2 AST - 8.5 PTS - $4 MILLION
76.67%
23 76.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DoDo on the rise: Who's better than RoCo?
Crazy stat of the day. Center RoCo is averaging 2.6 blks per game for Houston. Ranking 2nd in the league behind Whiteside.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...0238245888
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I'lll just point out the OG three-and-D player Bruce Bowen was a journeyman who landed with the Spurs when he was 30 years old. That started a nearly decade long run as he became one of the most iconic (and hated) players in Spurs history.

I thought about that last night after Dorian's game winner. The kid is really making a name for himself as a Mav and he's still only 27.  

To Followill's point, his trajectory resembles JJB's rise -- Carlisle calls him the heartbeat of the team. Just great to see.

Also, there's this:

RoCo - .40 FG% - .38 3PT% - 6.8 REB - 1.7 AST - 8.7 PTS - Sc EFF 1.173

DoDo - .47 FG% - .40 3PT% - 5.6 REB - 1.6 AST - 9.9 PTS - Sc EFF 1.268
Like Reply
[Image: z2y8ATX.gif]

Victory dance done.

Now like to point out that DFS development was different from all the Mavs draft "failures", because his first three years with the Mavs were rebuilding years. Carlisle did not care about winning as much, so DFS was able to play regularly and learn in actual games, not in an empty gym.

Some more...

[Image: z2y8ATX.gif]

cause ...reasons.
Like Reply
RoCo in Portland reminds me of Marion in Phoenix. A single great defender on a team that is build around defensive liabilities. Sharing the floor with an all time bad defensive starting five. Lillard, McCollum, Powell and Nurkic/Kanter.
DFS is still improving. RoCo is already 30. I probably take RoCo next season. Would take DFS in 2022 (when both are FAs).
Will be interesting to see what kind of contract DFS can get on the open market. Thankfully the Mavs have full bird rights and can match any offer.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 12:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: RoCo in Portland reminds me of Marion in Phoenix. A single great defender on a team that is build around defensive liabilities. Sharing the floor with an all time bad defensive starting five. Lillard, McCollum, Powell and Nurkic/Kanter.
DFS is still improving. RoCo is already 30. I probably take RoCo next season. Would take DFS in 2022 (when both are FAs).
Will be interesting to see what kind of contract DFS can get on the open market. Thankfully the Mavs have full bird rights and can match any offer.

At least 48/4. I could see 60/4 (depening on the available cap space), if he just wants to take highest offer. I couldn´t blame him. He´ll be 28 years old and this will likely be the highest payday of his career, by far.
Like Reply
Three questions
  • Does DFS have his own dedicated thread other than this one?
  • Does everyone see DFS as a starter now? 
  • Who is currently playing like the Mavs second best player?
Like Reply
(05-07-2021, 10:38 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Three questions
  • Does DFS have his own dedicated thread other than this one?
  • Does everyone see DFS as a starter now? 
  • Who is currently playing like the Mavs second best player?

Very thought-provoking query, especially when you consider availability as an important factor in how good a player is.
Like Reply
(05-07-2021, 10:38 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Does everyone see DFS as a starter now?
If he continues to do what he's doing, yes. But that hasn't been the case until VERY recent (like last 15-20 games or so).
Like Reply
(05-07-2021, 10:38 AM)fifteenth Wrote: [*]Does DFS have his own dedicated thread other than this one?

[*]Does everyone see DFS as a starter now? 

[*]Who is currently playing like the Mavs second best player?
[*]

1) This is his dedicated thread, pretty sure.

2) He is proving me wrong and recently showing that he is a 30 min/gm starter level player.

3) I think DFS in the last 15 games has been the Mavs 2nd best player with an astonishing +15.1 on/off during that stretch.
Like Reply
Nice to see people finally coming around.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 02:54 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: The best defensive big wings last season on a per-possession basis were:
  1. Derrick Jones, Jr.
  2. Torrey Craig
  3. Josh Richardson
  4. Dorian Finney-Smith
RoCo lands at 9

https://greekgodofstats.com/2019/10/24/t...n-the-nba/

Isn't it funny how the Mavs tried to get Derrick Jones Jr. 2 years ago, and have now also ended up with Josh Richardson?

It's disappointing he hasn't recaptured the lightning he had in 2018. That version of JRich is basically everything we need from our starting 2 guard.

I'm curious to see where he ranks now and also to see where DFS/RoCo rank
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-07-2021, 02:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [*]

3) I think DFS in the last 15 games has been the Mavs 2nd best player with an astonishing +15.1 on/off during that stretch.

And this by his own great play, not the others playing weak.
Looking at THJ or Powell, who had their own cases.
Like Reply
https://www.mavs.com/finney-smiths-shooting/
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
DFS is a treasure, and I'll fight anyone who claims otherwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
That was the best game he had as a Mav.
Like Reply
(05-07-2021, 03:03 PM)cow Wrote: Nice to see people finally coming around.

Yeah took these Mavs haters forever. Big Grin Cool
Like Reply
Shooting coach Peter Patton, sounds like a Stan Lee character.
Like Reply
This is huge for the development process in Dallas, not just DFS.

Skins on the wall create player buy-in, when you are asking them to work on something. And DFS is starting to get enough notice that it will be easier to get the next guy to say "I'll take whatever you gave him. Fix me next."

Josh Green, come on down.
Like Reply
(05-25-2021, 04:00 AM)F Gump Wrote: This is huge for the development process in Dallas, not just DFS.

Skins on the wall create player buy-in, when you are asking them to work on something. And DFS is starting to get enough notice that it will be easier to get the next guy to say "I'll take whatever you gave him. Fix me next."

Josh Green, come on down.

Hopefully Green and Patton become BFFs this summer!
Like Reply