Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Isaiah Roby to OKC | Justin Patton (to be waived) + $800K to DAL
Why didn't we just waive Broekhoff?
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:22 PM)LukaDrive Wrote: Why didn't we just waive Broekhoff?

Because he's injured and the Mavs are family.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/12...4522379265
Like Reply

Cause that´s how we usually do....

Or you can put a positive spin on it and call it a goodwill gesture for future Thunder business, like when they trade us Adams, SGA and Gaillinari for Lee+ Powell+ THJ. Big Grin
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Because he's injured and the Mavs are family.

Not a good business move.. but I guess the front office will never learn their lesson
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1220863533342048256
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1220864436296015872
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I would have loved to have Justin Patton here over WCS.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 07:57 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I would have loved to have Justin Patton here over WCS.

We aren't tanking this year. No developmental time. WCS is a knucklehead, but he can actually play. I say that as someone who was slightly dismayed when I found out we were trading for Patton just to waive him.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 09:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 07:57 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I would have loved to have Justin Patton here over WCS.

We aren't tanking this year. No developmental time. WCS is a knucklehead, but he can actually play. I say that as someone who was slightly dismayed when I found out we were trading for Patton just to waive him.

We have been saying the same thing the past many years after 2011.  I like WCS. Should have found a way to retain Patton too.  Take a chance on a talented big. Maybe pay Broekhoff under the table before waiving him
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 09:32 PM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 09:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

We have been saying the same thing the past many years after 2011. I like WCS. Should have found a way to retain Patton too. Take a chance on a talented big. Maybe pay Broekhoff under the table before waiving him

I wonder if it's legal to cut Cleveland and then sign Patton as a 2-way-er. I would be just fine with WCS and Patton as our bigs with KP-Kleber-Bobi.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...1471994881
Like Reply
Sigh we traded for this dude then waive him instead of ryan.. i don't get this team sometimes. Even justin Jackson is far better than ryan at basketball
Like Reply
Posted this in the trade thread...
My understanding is that Patton's G-League rights now belong to the Legends, unless he is claimed off waivers or signed after clearing.
Like Reply
Patton has played a total of 9 games in the NBA.

9 in 3 years. 9/246 games. And even in those games he's barely looked like a fringe 3rd stringer. 

I get it that Patton has shown some promise in the D-League, but I mean c'mon...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Probably not great timing to cut an Australian right now.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 11:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Patton has played a total of 9 games in the NBA.

9 in 3 years. 9/246 games. And even in those games he's barely looked like a fringe 3rd stringer. 

I get it that Patton has shown some promise in the D-League, but I mean c'mon...

I wanted him at #9 in the DSJ draft.  Felt he had a high ceiling though a team would have to put up with 2-3 years of developing him. Injuries have pushed back the timetable.  He has a natural offensive fluidity and a sweet jump shot too. Hope the Mavs retain his rights.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 09:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I wonder if it's legal to cut Cleveland and then sign Patton as a 2-way-er. I would be just fine with WCS and Patton as our bigs with KP-Kleber-Bobi.

Unfortunately, 2 way players could be signed by January 15th. Powell really chose bad timing to get injured. 2 weeks sooner, and much more would be possible (injured exception, 2 way,...). And they call him a team player... Smile
Like Reply
I wanted Collins or Patton the DSJ year.

Funny thing is that I was looking up Patton's stats the night brfore the OKC deal hoping we could get him. When I saw we had I went "Yessss"!

Now, if they waive him, its just another example of short-sightedness by the front office.
Like Reply
(01-25-2020, 12:13 PM)vg2011 Wrote: I wanted Collins or Patton the DSJ year.

Funny thing is that I was looking up Patton's stats the night brfore the OKC deal hoping we could get him. When I saw we had I went "Yessss"!

Now, if they waive him, its just another example of short-sightedness by the front office.

While I understand the concern, this is a playoff team. We don't have a lot of time to develop marginal players. Cf. Justin Jackson as a case in point.
Like Reply